Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

It's not purely about how you take it, though, it's about how it's meant. If I call you a silly twat, you can choose to be offended by it or you can accept that I only really meant it as a light hearted dig. Similarly there may be overly sensitive people from Wales who get genuinely worked up by being called a sheep-shagger but I'm pretty sure most of us would just roll our eyes and laugh at them.

But we're not talking about an overly touchy minority getting upset by this and we're not talking about a light hearted bit of banter, either. The implication is quite heavily there that Leicseter is "less" of a place now because it has a high ethnic minority population and there's literally no other way to look at that other than it's extremely offensive.

We really shouldn't be tolerant of shit like this and I really wish people wouldn't dismiss it as "just banter." We need to stop pretending we've completely eliminated racism and being lofty and cynical about attitudes to race on the continent and get back to tackling our own problem at home. Because, I'm sorry, different cultures may have different ways of communicating ill-will towards those of "non-native" skin tones but there's essentially no difference between singing "small town in Baghdad" in reference to our Asian supporters and fans in Europe making monkey noises at black players. None at all.

Like I said to Matt, though, it's about context and intent isn't it? And to a certain extent history.

The word 'nigger', for example, is as offensive as it is because of the historical meaning behind it. It's a word used to disparage and put-down an entire race of people, throughout an era in which they were treated as mainly second class citizens (or worse.) 'Paki' is exactly the same, not only is it extremely offensive to people who are from Pakistan because of it's historical context but, worse than that, it's used offensively to describe everybody who appears to be of a South-Asian ethnicity whether they're from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or anywhere else. By using it, someone's essentially saying they refuse to acknowledge a difference. It's hugely offensive.

Where as, in context, what's being called a sheep shagger? A bit of a crap joke because there's a lot of sheep farming in Wales? Come on, it just doesn't compare. 'Paki', 'Nigger', 'Chink', words like these have been used to make people from ethnic minorities feel targeted and unwelcome in our society for decades and they're completely deplorable as a result. Nobody's ever called me a sheep-shagger with anything less than a tongue in their cheek and a silly smirk on their face expecting a bit of banter in reply. That's the difference.

And it's a massive difference.

well said :appl:

I was there with two others and there is no question the baiting referred to by Singhy was blatantly racist. No provocation, no gestures, no ifs, no buts and no excuses of any kind. I winced when I heard it and it was only Singhy's good sense in not reacting to what could easily have been an explosive situation that avoided a whole heap of potential shit.

Little wonder he remains concerned about taking his young lad to matches.

I've been vociferous in condemning all sorts of anti-white racism in this country and my contempt for those who have fostered, encouraged or closed a blind eye to it is almost beyond expression but Nottingham Forest as a club and its fans as a community should be ashamed of these people.

They should be out of football for good.

:appl:

to the guy that got racially abused, did anybody else stand up for you ?

you should have told these scumbags to f**k off for a start, infact anybody who saw this should of started back on these muppets.

Surely with all the leicester fans there yesterday we could of took care of this.

anyway end of the day f**k these stupid people. forset are scum and hope you still bring your kids to the matches.

Unfortunately there are fans at every club who are racist and shout/ chant inappropriate things, they should be targeted and removed and banned. What is disappointing at Forist is the amount that join in, clearly its not limited to the small section of racists/ idiots.

I am also disappointed that some people don't realise how powerful and detrimental some individual words are due to the history and impact surrounding them.

you should have told these scumbags to f**k off for a start, infact anybody who saw this should of started back on these muppets.

Surely with all the leicester fans there yesterday we could of took care of this.

anyway end of the day f**k these stupid people. forset are scum and hope you still bring your kids to the matches.

What is it the song says? "Walk away from trouble if you can..."

These guys were cowards, first they assessed the crowd, there were no groups of leicester lads, so they taunted the crowd by saying 'any leicester fans want a fight, come on'

Then from a distance, accross the road, they saw me and started the abuse, I turned around and saw them, and believe me they weren't worth it, they weren't tough, nor hard, they were a group of boys who wanted to look tough. When I looked at them I just laughed and thought, pussies.

Did anyone stick up for me, gazzer, davieg and thrac had my side, noone from the crowd of city fans said anything, like most scenarios, noone wants trouble BUT i'm sure if there were groups of our lads they would have been dealt with.

Again, I refuse to take my boy to such places, my son being the age he is, with his innocence will not understand, and I wish to keep it that way for as long as posible.

Bugger. :blush:

The sentiment's the same though. A combined IQ that would stutter into three figures from the sounds of things, pathetic.

Must be embarrassing for you to watch your fellow fans singing that kind of nonsense.

I can't tell you how embarrassing it is. Although as many people have said, pretty much most clubs have these kids/pricks who think they can say what they want at a football match and the sooner they get banned/shot the happier I'll be. As the Rt Hon Zigga Zagger so eloquently pointed out B block isn't nearly as well policed as A block and doesn't have an age restriction so you get a fair few kids in their whose sole ambition is life is to be old enough for A block.

I'll be at the replay (I rarely get to go but have clearance for this game...woohoo?) and I'm not especially looking forward to any similar chants starting up around me.

I'll be the one (out of about 12 in total)Forest fan in a St Pauli shirt. :)

Holding hands across the divide! Be like a very very straight Romeo and Juliet.

...or Romeo and Romeo......again I'd like to emphasise the straightness I mentioned earlier. :D

so gay lol

I can't tell you how embarrassing it is. Although as many people have said, pretty much most clubs have these kids/pricks who think they can say what they want at a football match and the sooner they get banned/shot the happier I'll be. As the Rt Hon Zigga Zagger so eloquently pointed out B block isn't nearly as well policed as A block and doesn't have an age restriction so you get a fair few kids in their whose sole ambition is life is to be old enough for A block.

I'll be at the replay (I rarely get to go but have clearance for this game...woohoo?) and I'm not especially looking forward to any similar chants starting up around me.

Are you available for transfer this window? There's about 100 posters who are 'no longer needed'. :whistle:

On an unrelated note, where can I get a St. Pauli shirt that won't require me to part with £60?

st-pauli-home-football-shirt-2009-2010-s_18320_1.jpg

I absolutely adore this example but they seem to be like hens' teeth.

Are you available for transfer this window? There's about 100 posters who are 'no longer needed'. :whistle:

As RedHux is from Loughborough, he's from Leicestershire and is therefore really a Fox.

It really is embarrassing to hear that kind of nonsense. It's bad enough when we have our lot singing about Yuki eating dogs. Haven't heard much of that so far this season so hopefully people have grown out of it. You're not the only club to target us with it if that helps; Millwall and Bristol City have been particularly bad in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDbdYvJW6U

So at least your lot weren't this retarded. Not sure if that makes it any better.

On an unrelated note, where can I get a St. Pauli shirt that won't require me to part with £60?

st-pauli-home-football-shirt-2009-2010-s_18320_1.jpg

I absolutely adore this example but they seem to be like hens' teeth.

I was skint that season so kept putting it off and putting it off. Finally got the dollar together and they'd sold out - and the ****ers are on a rolling one year contract.

I ended up with the away shirt from that season (the brown and white are reversed.) It's still lovely but it's not quite the same, I'd much prefer the braun.

Shirts since have been gash but, oh well, one year rolling contract. :whistle:

I was skint that season so kept putting it off and putting it off. Finally got the dollar together and they'd sold out - and the ****ers are on a rolling one year contract.

I ended up with the away shirt from that season (the brown and white are reversed.) It's still lovely but it's not quite the same, I'd much prefer the braun.

Shirts since have been gash but, oh well, one year rolling contract. :whistle:

I'm actually quite fond of the latest away one.

StPauliASS1112a.gif

Not sure why this is an away shirt to be honest given the colours, but it's a sight better than the home one.

Just that sponsor brings it down in my opinion, I love a bit of Dacia. :D

I pissed myself when I saw Dacia as the sponsor, it's one of the main reasons I wanted one (though, yes, it looks brilliant anyway.) I like to think it comes with James May approval.

Not a fan of either home or away this year, really, tbh. Just a bit bland.

It really is embarrassing to hear that kind of nonsense. It's bad enough when we have our lot singing about Yuki eating dogs. Haven't heard much of that so far this season so hopefully people have grown out of it. You're not the only club to target us with it if that helps; Millwall and Bristol City have been particularly bad in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDbdYvJW6U

So at least your lot weren't this retarded. Not sure if that makes it any better.

The comments on that video lol

Archived