Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

But arent all people in Notts inbred anyway?

You may think that, we couldn't possibly comment... lol

But this picture, taken outside Nottingham Castle, tells us what Forest fans think of their own city.

EDL_Urinating_Nottingham_00.jpg

No wonder they're so disrespectful to us.

If you take the video highlighted on the radio this morning it doesn't tell the whole picture.

The other videos on youtube posted by the same person put it into a better context. There's England chanting right from the off when the players are about to come out to Alan Sugar's Apprentice music lol, later there is chanting about how rich we are/apparently poor we are, and then the above video mentioned.

I think it could be seen as a dig at the owners rather than the people of Leicester when you take the other videos into account - from this section of the ground at any rate.

There's also a video I completely agree with. The chanting about F****t and Derby all on their own. They will be soon enough once we are promoted lol

Because Diane Abbott is as elected representive that made a sweeping statement about a whole race of people.

B Block is full of people with the IQ of a squid who probably have absolutely no idea what on earth they are singing about except following the next knucklehead in front.

And you my friend are no better than the racist fans the thread is about.

Just as racist's judge a whole race by colour you are judging a whole section of people.

You can't prove every member of B block joins in but you judge them all the same.

Praps a good job the powers that be did not take your stand in the 70's and 80's as all fans would have been thugs.

Then the game would have praps been banned and you would not be on here.

Maybe you and the forest fans should keep your thought's to your self.

But no doubt you will come back with some abuse.

Just as the racist's think they are better than someone cos of colour you also think you are better than B block.

And no I do not sit in B block but no doubt you will think you are better than me too.

Ashamed that people are complaining about the chant, not racist, it did not offend anyone& we sang it to Chelsea when Roman took over. PC brigade need to get a life. This makes us look like a bunch of fools, if the forest chant did offend anyone, I suggest you don't go to football matches and don't go out to busy places, just I case you get offended by f all

Ashamed that people are complaining about the chant, not racist, it did not offend anyone& we sang it to Chelsea when Roman took over. PC brigade need to get a life. This makes us look like a bunch of fools, if the forest chant did offend anyone, I suggest you don't go to football matches and don't go out to busy places, just I case you get offended by f all

well said

Well said, but I hasten to add the real issue of racism wasn't this chant it was the others the Forest fans said alluded to by the Dr in the first post.

"Just a small town in Baghdad" not racist? Whilst that isn't in the video there's no question that this was aired a couple of times and will also be investigated.

if it was just this chant that had been sung then it may not have got as much attention and people may not have thought anymore on it but the thing is with the "small town in bagdad" chants the other video with "p**i b****ds" coments. the incidents mentioned in the first post all adds to the situation..

"Just a small town in Baghdad" not racist? Whilst that isn't in the video there's no question that this was aired a couple of times and will also be investigated.

In what way is just a small town in Baghdad racist? In what way is Leicester linked with Baghdad, could just mean Leicester's a shit hole like Baghdad, depends how you want to take it I suppose, if you want it to be a racist chant that's up to you. But did not see many fans complain to the stewards at the game?

if it was just this chant that had been sung then it may not have got as much attention and people may not have thought anymore on it but the thing is with the "small town in bagdad" chants the other video with "p**i b****ds" coments. the incidents mentioned in the first post all adds to the situation..

I understand what your saying, an the person from the 1st post should not have to put up with that in today's day and age, but it read like that was outside the ground, and not a whole section singing and should have been reported at the time to the police. But at present the police are investigating the you used to be English chant.

I understand what your saying, an the person from the 1st post should not have to put up with that in today's day and age, but it read like that was outside the ground, and not a whole section singing and should have been reported at the time to the police. But at present the police are investigating the you used to be English chant.

The problem is unless the police saw the incidents that the original poster described (and it doesn't seem like they did), it's just his word against someone else's.

The stuff on YouTube is hard evidence and can be taken further. Plod can track down the people who put it online and take whatever action they feel is necessary.

The problem is unless the police saw the incidents that the original poster described (and it doesn't seem like they did), it's just his word against someone else's.

The stuff on YouTube is hard evidence and can be taken further. Plod can track down the people who put it online and take whatever action they feel is necessary.

Show me the video you have seen that would give the slightest remote chance of seeing someone convicted?

Show me the video you have seen that would give the slightest remote chance of seeing someone convicted?

The videos on YT are pretty weak evidence, but there were plenty of reports of stronger stuff as well. Once the CCTV is viewed by the police, don't be surprised to see more evidence come to light.

None though this may have 'alerted' the police and club to look at cctv in the ground whereupon theyll see some fans chanting 'pakis' in some context. I say 'alerted' because its a farce its taken a video on youtube to get this far, whilst i was in w block on saturday (opposite side of the pitch to the chanting) and could hear every word

The videos on YT are pretty weak evidence, but there were plenty of reports of stronger stuff as well. Once the CCTV is viewed by the police, don't be surprised to see more evidence come to light.

Not just weak evidence, but not even evidence of any offence being committed.

So far I've seen one charge you could bring and that's the guy who shouts outside the ground but you can't see his face anyway.

It's still stepping into very dangerous territory for me, I don't like a lot of L1 but I wouldn't like to see them getting criminal records for chanting sheep shaggers at the Welsh or does your boyfriend know you're here at Brighton.

This is the thing though Matt, it's not based solely on the YT video.

That's been publicised because somebody was stupid enough to upload it and was therefore easy evidence to be posted on Twitter, forums and the news. It's undoubtedly a dig at our racial mix, but also the most mild chant sung on the day.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that Town Full of P*kis and Small Town near Baghdad also got a fairly extensive airing, but the singers had the good sense not to upload them onto YT. Once they come out on CCTV, then things are likely to escalate.

There's no way the police would be taking it as seriously as they are based solely on a two-and-a-half minute video.

As long as that happens I'm fine with it, no problem whatsoever with people being charged/banned over "town ful of pakis" - fully warranted.

Anything else I'd be concerned if we started going down that route, one of the fun things about football chanting for me is just how close to the bone you can get your football chants. There really isn't much incentive for me to go football anymore anyway do I'd hate to lose something else that can make me chuckle.

This is the thing though Matt, it's not based solely on the YT video.

That's been publicised because somebody was stupid enough to upload it and was therefore easy evidence to be posted on Twitter, forums and the news. It's undoubtedly a dig at our racial mix, but also the most mild chant sung on the day.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that Town Full of P*kis and Small Town near Baghdad also got a fairly extensive airing, but the singers had the good sense not to upload them onto YT. Once they come out on CCTV, then things are likely to escalate.

There's no way the police would be taking it as seriously as they are based solely on a two-and-a-half minute video.

Next time anyone hears the "town full of Pakis"* chant everyone whip their smart phone out film the bastards, get a right good close up of at least one of them singing it, and then stick it on you tube, then we will have something to go to the police with

*As this is the one that can only be considered racist and can't be "banter"

Hi guys i have been city fan for over twenty five years and a reader of this forum for the last couple of years. I was unfortunate to have a seat near the Forest fans on Saturday and i now feel that now is a great time for all football fans to clean up their behaviour.

On Saturday i took my ten year old lad along with me who at no fault of his own is on the plumb/large side. A large amount of the City fans who were sat around us continually shouted abuse at the Forest fans near us like "you fat bastard", "you bald c***". As you can imagine this caused great embarrassment for myself and my son, not to mention damaging his already shaky confidence. As the chants by the Forest fans are being investigated as a possible hate crime due to the alleged appearance of a large population of the people living in Leicester, is calling/chanting "you fat bastard" "you bald c***" considered a hate crime? It certainly caused great offence to me and my son and possibly may others around us. Is it ok to abuse some by their appearance but not others. I think not.

So does this make those who chanted one thing but protest/report another hypocritical? I think we all need to have a good think. It maybe too much to ask but hopefully one day one can attend a football match and not be insulted because of you appearance.

Hi guys i have been city fan for over twenty five years and a reader of this forum for the last couple of years. I was unfortunate to have a seat near the Forest fans on Saturday and i now feel that now is a great time for all football fans to clean up their behaviour.

On Saturday i took my ten year old lad along with me who at no fault of his own is on the plumb/large side. A large amount of the City fans who were sat around us continually shouted abuse at the Forest fans near us like "you fat bastard", "you bald c***". As you can imagine this caused great embarrassment for myself and my son, not to mention damaging his already shaky confidence. As the chants by the Forest fans are being investigated as a possible hate crime due to the alleged appearance of a large population of the people living in Leicester, is calling/chanting "you fat bastard" "you bald c***" considered a hate crime? It certainly caused great offence to me and my son and possibly may others around us. Is it ok to abuse some by their appearance but not others. I think not.

So does this make those who chanted one thing but protest/report another hypocritical? I think we all need to have a good think. It maybe too much to ask but hopefully one day one can attend a football match and not be insulted because of you appearance.

It's a tough call really, where do you draw the line, going to the KP you can obviously sit in the family stand where you know your children will be protected from the worst of the chanting, personally I don't think I would reccommend taking a kid to an away game against Forest because I know what they are like, but then why should we just accept an aggressive racist environment and make allowances for it.

I'm sorry you and your kid had a bad experience, I am not sure from your post if you were directly targetted or just felt uncomfortable being in this atmosphere, you never know if could be character building for your kid.

Archived