Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

I think it may refer to the fact that in the olde days Leicester was primarily white(ie Consisting mainly ofEnglish folk and English ladies)

Nowadays in the eyes of our Nottm Neighbours,Leicester has a mere fraction of Englishmen and women compared to other ethnic minorities,hence the chant!!

I know what the real meaning of the chants are Raj. I was trying to point out how weak the excuse of us being taken over by Thais is for the chanting, when we were in fact owned by a foreigner beforehand.

I don't buy the "it's aimed at our owners" stuff anyway. These chants are created to try and get under peoples skin, what exactly is going to get under our skin about having rich owners from Thailand pumping shit loads of cash in.

If it was aimed to get under the skin it certainly worked!

What was said was said.

Bottom line for me is despite how wrong it was to sing it in the first place, there's going to be very little chance of getting to the bottom of the true meaning of what was said.

If you picked out the individuals who started it they probably couldn't give you an answer either.

The intelligence scale doesn't quite cover where they're at imo.

If it was aimed to get under the skin it certainly worked!

Smug middle-class white folk can adopt an air of detachment from this issue. There are many others within our fanbase who don't have that luxury.

Forest, as a club, have tried to sweep racism under the carpet for too long. The incidents described by the original poster, together with the footage with YouTube, mean that this option is no longer available to them.

I've heard the you used to be English chant used loads against Leicester. It's been happening for ages why is everyone piping up now? Of course it's mocking our city. Singing it because we have Thai owners come on be real

This is where I have my doubts about if that is the real meaning, no one thought of singing these songs when we were owned by a Serbian so why has this "you're not English anymore" stuff come from? I also haven't heard these songs sung at other clubs who have foreign owners.

I know what the real meaning of the chants are Raj. I was trying to point out how weak the excuse of us being taken over by Thais is for the chanting, when we were in fact owned by a foreigner beforehand.

But is it to do with our Thai owners or the fact that ive outlined earlier?

IF it IS about our Thai owners then the Florist fans must sing that to ALOT of opposing fans as most have or will be foreign ownerships!

But is it to do with our Thai owners or the fact that ive outlined earlier?

IF it IS about our Thai owners then the Florist fans must sing that to ALOT of opposing fans as most have or will be foreign ownerships!

Raj, I was agreeing with your point in my previous post lol

Whatever the meaning you have absolutely no chance of proving beyond doubt that "You're not English anymore" is a racist chant. Impossible. Not to mention the can of worms that would open, like someone said earlier, you would almost have to ban chanting.

Whatever the meaning you have absolutely no chance of proving beyond doubt that "You're not English anymore" is a racist chant. Impossible. Not to mention the can of worms that would open, like someone said earlier, you would almost have to ban chanting.

You weren't so keen to give Diane Abbott the benefit of the doubt last week. Why are you doing it for the Forest lowlife?

You weren't so keen to give Diane Abbott the benefit of the doubt last week. Why are you doing it for the Forest lowlife?

Because Diane Abbott is as elected representive that made a sweeping statement about a whole race of people.

B Block is full of people with the IQ of a squid who probably have absolutely no idea what on earth they are singing about except following the next knucklehead in front.

This is where I have my doubts about if that is the real meaning, no one thought of singing these songs when we were owned by a Serbian so why has this "you're not English anymore" stuff come from? I also haven't heard these songs sung at other clubs who have foreign owners.

It has been sung at Arsenal before, but that is aimed at the players rather than the owners, one reason why it has come about now rather than under Mandaric is because of the profile of the Thai owners, the name is splashed everywhere, you can't avoid it at the King Power stadium, we offer flights to Thailand as prizes and we are being broadcast on Thai TV. We have also probably wound people up with our attempts to "buy the league" and chanting about it. Under Mandaric, who was already well known in Football, we were poor and nobody was jealous of our owner.

Now people are jealous that we have good financial backing and find the fact that they are foreign as a way to undermine it.

So why use the word racism in your post then ? it's rather ironic don't you think.

My point is that discrimination against any group should not be acceptable, why is there only an uproar whne racism occurs? No one seems to care about homophobia etc.

Because Diane Abbott is as elected representive that made a sweeping statement about a whole race of people.

B Block is full of people with the IQ of a squid who probably have absolutely no idea what on earth they are singing about except following the next knucklehead in front.

Why should their intelligence (or lack of it) let them off?

Why should their intelligence (or lack of it) let them off?

It shouldnt, I was expressing the difference between them and Abbott. What let's them off is you can't prove it's a racist chant, you can only presume.

2lxgv8z.jpg

That's rich coming from a football club who spend all year chanting about the IRA and tried to shelter kiddy fiddlers for 25 years.

It's jealousy.

My point is that discrimination against any group should not be acceptable, why is there only an uproar whne racism occurs? No one seems to care about homophobia etc.

Yeah if I remember correctly weren't some fans chanting homophobic chants to the Brighton fans? Face it.. This sort of thing happens in football, I don't condone it but it seems since the John Terry thing everyone's jumping on the bad wagon, heard that English chant loads and only now it's been brought up??

The thing is its not new.. even on this forum back in 2007:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/42162-forest-to-investigate-racist-chanting/

The same way as Forest fans always get called scabs etc.. from the north and welsh mining areas with football towns. There is no place for any racist or homophobic or.. abuse in football but we don't live in a racist-free homophobic-free society..

All that can be done is to once again stress the cause, try and isolate the small sections which start this.

To tar all Forest and Nottingham people with this is shocking.. I recall at the City Ground not too long ago a group of school kids on a project who marched a stamp racism out of football banner around the pitch at half time and a good 80% or so of the fans applauded them as they walked around..

The problem now is that it will polarise the radicals at each end of the spread with BNP yobs jumping on the bandwagon and probably waving St George flags around at the replay or something like Leciester Fans with a shame Forest banner...

Sad day all around :(

Archived