Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

Not looking for them to even do that.

Just looking to get the message out that that sort of behaviour is unnaceptable and if caught, you will be banned from the ground. I know you dont think the 'you used to be English' chant was racist, but you have also accepted that the 'town full of paki's' chant was out of order. It doesnt really matter how they get to the end conclusion as long as the end conclusion is all scumbags are away from football, whether that be racism, spitting on people etc etc. It's time that society as a people stop saying 'it's just a minority, ignore them' and actually did something about all this shit decent people have to put up with.

Exactly the point I'm making.

Chants relating to Baghdad and Pakis - clearly racist, should be reported, sung by very few clubs and almost always with a history of racist chanting.

You're not English anymore - can be sung about any football club that has abandoned its roots to chase foriegn money, has been sung by us towards Arsenal and Chelsea, sung by many clubs over the years with little racist intent.

The difference is clear and the fact we have decided to report just the second video to police is quite frankly bizarre and makes us look like a bunch of fairies.

I thought capital letters meant rant.

Sorry if I caused you offence.

But if thats what some have said then I agree with you. Banter has a place at football grounds and always has but when it steps into the line of racism, homophobia, xenophobia or anything with an 'obia' on the end and physical abuse then it should be stamped out.

No offence taken and none meant :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

No offence taken and none meant :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree with you Flowy.

The banter at football IS a major component of football. Would people rather have Rugby where the opposition fans applaud when the other team scores a try or kicks a goal?

When the banter is funny and makes you want to sing up for your team even more it massively adds to the atmosphere.

However... There must be a line to draw and racism is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

What concerns me is that the authorities are somehow trying to sanitise football as much as they can such that, in a year or two, ANY form of singing or chanting which can be deemed 'offensive' in any way, will be met with the blokes in the orange coats piling in to chuck those singing out of the ground.

I ABSOLUTELY do not want football to go like Rugby. Being a football fan IMO is partially about winding up the opposition fans, rivalry and, to some extent, taking the piss.

However, I do worry that the loony lefties and the Health and Safety brigade will get their fookin way and completely sanitise the sport, with threats of exclusion and banning of those found to be participating.

I guess the question is this....

What constitutes 'banter'... It's certainly not racism and its not winding up Nigel Clough about his dad being dead etc....

To summarise.. Lose the rivalry, the funny stuff and the pisstaking and we all might as well follow rugby....

BOLLOX!

lol

To be honest, I don't really get the small town in Bhagdad chant, is it racist or just nonsense, it's like chanting you're just a small town in Caracas. First of all Bhagdad is a city, and therefore doesn't have small towns inside it, unless they are referring to Bhagdad Governante, in which case I will apologise, but insist they make their chants clearer.

Secondly, what does that even mean? We are ethnically diverse, but mainly Pakistanis and Indians, I don't think there are many Iraqi's in Leicester and Bhagdad is not really representative of the ethnic mix. So why Bhagdad?

Now a small town in asia makes more sense (except the fact we are a city) because that encompasses our large and varied ethnic mix (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) and also our Thai owners and even our Japanese playmaker.

To be honest I don't see it as offensive, Asia is a pretty cool place, and the food is awesome, they generally suck at football though. Maybe we should apply to be considered asian, we would probably win the Asian champions league.

To be honest, I don't really get the small town in Bhagdad chant, is it racist or just nonsense, it's like chanting you're just a small town in Caracas. First of all Bhagdad is a city, and therefore doesn't have small towns inside it, unless they are referring to Bhagdad Governante, in which case I will apologise, but insist they make their chants clearer.

Secondly, what does that even mean? We are ethnically diverse, but mainly Pakistanis and Indians, I don't think there are many Iraqi's in Leicester and Bhagdad is not really representative of the ethnic mix. So why Bhagdad?

Now a small town asia makes more sense (except the fact we are a city) because that encompasses our large and varied ethnic mix (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) and also our Thai owners and even our Japanese playmaker.

To be honest I don't see it as offensive, Asia is a pretty cool place, and the food is awesome, they generally suck at football though. Maybe we should apply to be considered asian, we would probably win the Asian champions league.

Made me laugh

Now a small town asia makes more sense (except the fact we are a city) because that encompasses our large and varied ethnic mix (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) and also our Thai owners and even our Japanese playmaker.

Quality Post.

The simpletons view of "small town in Baghdad" would be that Leicester has the same population as a Baghdad town.

i.e Brown folk.

The average simpleton who sings these songs doesnt go into the intricate details...ie its a pretty cool place, and the food is awesome or that it doesn't have small towns inside it!!!

Flowwolf- I think most footy fans agree that its totally fine to have a laugh and abit of banter...thats what we all go footy for(It aint to watch the footy thats for sure)

And as you say as long as its not derogatory then thats ok...id say that cos of the large section of Forest fans chants towards City fans It WAS derogatory.

But then again when we sing "town full of gaylords" to Brighton im sure thats offensive to and Gays in the Brighton end!!

Thats another thread tho....queers!!

Really? You don't understand the nature of the chant? Not if you're taking the piss or are actually stupid :rolleyes:

Ridiculous post IMO

Do you think that the stupid Florist fans sang this chant after analysing it's content in the way you have?

It was sung by a load of Neanderthals with a racist connotation..

Don't over analyse... Look at the context in which the chant was made.. Ie a racist one

Which IS offensive and unacceptable.

Myabe they were in fact going down the "you're just a small town in a war-torn city" route and simply referring to our poor architecture and dilapidated buildings?

Myabe they were in fact going down the "you're just a small town in a war-torn city" route and simply referring to our poor architecture and dilapidated buildings?

...and our frequent sand storms, not to mention our recently toppled brutal dictator (Mandaric).

Now a small town in asia makes more sense (except the fact we are a city) because that encompasses our large and varied ethnic mix (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) and also our Thai owners and even our Japanese playmaker.

The fact that it's nonsense just emphasises even more the ignorance of those singing it doesn't change the intent surely it's like the singing of Yuki eating dogs.

Afternoon all. Just back from a few days in the snow.

I have been disenchanted with the FA Cup in recent years so planned some time ago to take Mrs M away for a long weekend. When Forest came out of the hat I was a bit peeved but a long weekend of (primarily) apres ski was a pretty good alternative.

I have to admit I'm with the wolf on this, I really do not like the foul mouthed abuse that passes for 'banter' in moden football but there is really nothing that any individual can do about it. I have reported particularly nasty abuse to the police on a couple of ocassions but was pretty much brushed off, so now I don't bother.

The suggestion that racist abuse is somehow worse than other forms of abuse does not really work for me, strange coming from someone who has been involved in 'street' politics for many years from the Anti Nazi League right up to the early days of the 'Kick racism' campaign.

To me it is just abuse, be it racist, sectarian or just plain tribal and I hate it. It is rife in all areas of modern life and one of the worse things about this country, shame..... :S :S

OH MY GOD YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS! BY LAW IT IS A HATE CRIME= FOREST ACTUALLY HATE US!!! :ph34r:

To be honest I wouldn't be a big fan of club, local rival or not, that seemed to be doing it's best to drag our name through mud, especially based on a chant about the ownership of the club.

The racist comments, and small club in Asia has been going on for years by a small ignorant minority and has been done much worse by other clubs, Bristol City wasn't it? that hasn't changed. What changed on Saturday was this chant about us not being English, which the commission will most likely find to be not racist, as even if some people sung it as an attack on the ethnic make up of our city, the majority were singing in reference to us having Thai owners.

If the majority of the complaint is about this chant we will actually become a laughing stock, and when it is deemed not offensive it will be sung at us by all opposing fans this season. This really could blow up in our faces.

Leicester City, the last bastion of moral integrity. :rolleyes:

As a million people have already said, we have got our own stupid fans. And if they chant something out of order they should also face the consequences of their actions. But just because we also have idiots that chant or do pathetic things, doesn't mean the decent fans have to accept abuse from others.

So are the police looking into the youtube video and only the youtube video. Or have people reported the other chants that went on inside and outside the ground?

They must have more than Youtube i would of thought that people would of come forward to complin there was police at the ground and around it in numbers so someone must of been caught doing something. Either that or whatever has the most hits on youtube the police go and investigate lol. No one is disputing we have our idiots "brian clough" "town full of fa**ots" But eventually it has to start somewhere doesnt it? this could be the start of a wider clamp down

If this "you used to be English, you're not any more" is supposedly based about our Thai takeover, why were these songs not sung before because as far as I know, we were owned by a Serbian?

I think it may refer to the fact that in the olde days Leicester was primarily white(ie Consisting mainly ofEnglish folk and English ladies)

Nowadays in the eyes of our Nottm Neighbours,Leicester has a mere fraction of Englishmen and women compared to other ethnic minorities,hence the chant!!

I don't buy the "it's aimed at our owners" stuff anyway. These chants are created to try and get under peoples skin, what exactly is going to get under our skin about having rich owners from Thailand pumping shit loads of cash in.

Archived