Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Burton O'Brien

I beleive that the more players we have in the squad, the better it is especially with the transfer window in place. We also need players to increase competition and a player like O'Brian (by what everyone is sayin here) could also help change the style of play during a match. When we need to be more attacking he could be a very versitle player for us.

If he is free and doesnt hurt the wage budget then why shouldnt we sign him!

We've been linked with this lad for ages. Just after we agreed to sign Kisnorbo on a bosman, a scottish paper ran a story saying that Levein had offered to treble O'Brien's wages to come here. This was back in January, there's definately alot of truth in this.

I'd be happy to see him here, he fits in perfectly with everything we want at this club. Young, talented and hungry to establish himself in English football. Although he's more of a midfielder than a striker, I think he could be what we need and offers us something alternative. He's certainly a different player to Williams and Hughes, he's more comfortable further up the pitch.

We've been linked with this lad for ages. Just after we agreed to sign Kisnorbo on a bosman, a scottish paper ran a story saying that Levein had offered to treble O'Brien's wages to come here. This was back in January, there's definately alot of truth in this.

I'd be happy to see him here, he fits in perfectly with everything we want at this club. Young, talented and hungry to establish himself in English football. Although he's more of a midfielder than a striker, I think he could be what we need and offers us something alternative. He's certainly a different player to Williams and Hughes, he's more comfortable further up the pitch.

133050[/snapback]

Maybe O'Brein could play between midfield and De Vries/Connolly in attack in a 4-4-1-1 formation?

Cheers Steven, so it came from Louise, is she a woman in the know??

133031[/snapback]

get it right steveo...

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=749482005

133038[/snapback]

If you had read the thread, I was answering the question "Can someone enlighten me as to where this guys name has come from? I can't find any mention anywhere of us chasing him??".

:rolleyes:

Burton O'Brien

Squad Number: 0

Position: Midfield

Place of Birth: Johannesburg, South Africa

Date Of Birth: 10/ 06/ 1981

Height: 5'11

Weight: 10st 7lbs

This Season

Appearances: 44(0)

Goals: 8

Yellow Cards: 2

Red Cards: 0

Minutes on Pitch: 3960

Lets not get carried away everyone. He hasnt even signed yet + its not even been comfirmed he is going to leave Livingston. We have been let down a few times this summer, so nothing is certain until pen meets paper.

But i hope he does sign.

i think we will have a good set of subs on the bench when it comes to midfield next season if he we keep signing midfielders.... unless some get sold which i think will happen

133095[/snapback]

Yep think you are right, i predict joey could be on way out then because williams is better player and hughes is relatively new and quality. Didn't mind joey, he cudn't half hit em! :smile:

i could see hughes being a left winger or perhaps a striker if we keep hold of williams, though joey i think might be going as we now have a holding player in kisnorbo, if he stays though we know we have great competition :D

Hughes a striker?! :huh:  :blink:

133407[/snapback]

only offering a different point of view my scandinavien friend ;)

133410[/snapback]

Yes...different...indeed... What makes you suggest Hughes as a striker though? Not a pacy player, and isn't exactly a clinical finisher. He isn't strong physically either..

133407[/snapback]

133410[/snapback]

Yes...different...indeed... What makes you suggest Hughes as a striker though? Not a pacy player, and isn't exactly a clinical finisher. He isn't strong physically either..

133411[/snapback]

if he wasnt physically strong enough he wouldnt be in the centre of midfield. also as he is a midfielder he would perhaps know where to make his runs as a striker and he knows where he wants the ball to go. what he lacks in pace he makes up for in flair and finishing can always be improved. Just an idea anyway

133407[/snapback]

133410[/snapback]

133411[/snapback]

if he wasnt physically strong enough he wouldnt be in the centre of midfield. also as he is a midfielder he would perhaps know where to make his runs as a striker and he knows where he wants the ball to go. what he lacks in pace he makes up for in flair and finishing can always be improved. Just an idea anyway

133412[/snapback]

Fair enough... a nonsensical one IMO but hey... :rolleyes:

We have Connolly, MDV, Dublin and Morris (when fit) already and Sylla, who is pacey, has played there before as well, so we're adequately covered there.

Archived