Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

To show we aren't prepared to be fleeced by greedy ***** like bates? To show that we aren't just cash piñatas like clubs seem to think?

I will still not go. It may be my local game, but at £36 a ticket they can whistle. Regardless of what happens in the next two weeks, this game isn't happening for me, I'll go to a mayday festival instead.

Supporting your team doesn't have to mean bending over backwards to be ****ed by those at the top.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make it acceptable to wring fans dry of their cash for the tickets.

Well then you're a fool

Yes. I don't care about the premiership, it embodies everything that's wrong with modern football, and I refuse to be taken for granted as a source of income for clubs.

Since you live near Leeds I don't understand your point when you don't have the travelling costs of most other Leicester fans.

The current price of £36 is hardly being taken advantage of when you take in travelling costs and other expenses on the day. Fans paid a high price at West Ham United.

How do travel costs make the ticket price any different?

People like Ken Bates are able to charge prices like this because people like you stump it up blindly thinking they're being loyal supporters.

A few months ago I went to PSG v Montpellier, a top of the table clash, the outcome of which could swing the outcome of Ligue 1. It cost me near enough €20.

You know what they say about a fool and his money...

Since you live near Leeds I don't understand your point when you don't have the travelling costs of most other Leicester fans.

The travelling costs mean **** all - What matters is that £36 is not a sensible price for any match.

If you continue to pay it, they'll continue to jack up the prices - £40, then £45 and so on, until the average fan is priced out of the game. You've got to draw the line in the sand somewhere, and I draw it at being asked to pay in excess of £30 for a second tier match. It's a clear con, we're being ripped off in this country and yet people like you continue to encourage that.

How do travel costs make the ticket price any different?

People like Ken Bates are able to charge prices like this because people like you stump it up blindly thinking they're being loyal supporters.

A few months ago I went to PSG v Montpellier, a top of the table clash, the outcome of which could swing the outcome of Ligue 1. It cost me near enough €20.

You know what they say about a fool and his money...

I have to pay £30 plus to travel to Leicester for home games so ticket economics go over my head I must admit. It's an expensive business.

My point about travelling costs is that it's part of the day's expenditure. Some may travel by Fox Travel or four fans may share a car so the economics of travelling is as relevant as the level of ticket prices or am I missing something?

The travelling costs mean **** all - What matters is that £36 is not a sensible price for any match.

If you continue to pay it, they'll continue to jack up the prices - £40, then £45 and so on, until the average fan is priced out of the game. You've got to draw the line in the sand somewhere, and I draw it at being asked to pay in excess of £30 for a second tier match. It's a clear con, we're being ripped off in this country and yet people like you continue to encourage that.

What's the logic of choosing £30? Is it because it has a zero on the end? Why not try £31?

I have to pay £30 plus to travel to Leicester for home games so ticket economics go over my head I must admit. It's an expensive business.

My point about travelling costs is that it's part of the day's expenditure. Some may travel by Fox Travel or four fans may share a car so the economics of travelling is as relevant as the level of ticket prices or am I missing something?

Well I suggest you carry on supporting with your wallet and I'll carry on supporting safe in the knowledge I haven't sold out my principles.

I could drive there in a car powered by my own shit and I still wouldn't pay that sort of money for a ticket. The principle being that's too much money to charge for a Championship game regardless of the possible outcome for us as a club.

What's the logic of choosing £30? Is it because it has a zero on the end? Why not try £31?

You ****ing tit. It's over £30 is it not?

If you wanted me to be specific as to my limits then over £25 for an adult is wrong as far as I'm concerned, it's just not worth that price.

Well I suggest you carry on supporting with your wallet and I'll carry on supporting safe in the knowledge I haven't sold out my principles.

I could drive there in a car powered by my own shit and I still wouldn't pay that sort of money for a ticket. The principle being that's too much money to charge for a Championship game regardless of the possible outcome for us as a club.

That's OTT. We just talking about watching some entertainment and you talk about "selling out" your "principles". My principles are based on a slighter higher plane.

You ****ing tit. It's over £30 is it not?

If you wanted me to be specific as to my limits then over £25 for an adult is wrong as far as I'm concerned, it's just not worth that price.

It's worth £25.01 to me. You are just picking figures out of the air without any justification.

That's OTT. We just talking about watching some entertainment and you talk about "selling out" your "principles". My principles are based on a slighter higher plane.

How is it OTT? My principle being I won't blindly fork over money for a game because I have no other choice to see that game and believe doing so won't make me any less of a supporter. Fine I won't see that game. Principle still intact.

West Ham are a decent club, decent ground.. Leeds are neither

Sorry, what? Alright, I accept Elland Road is a bit run-down these days, but it's still one of the iconic venues in the history of English football - and one, incidently, that is going to get a facelift and expansion in the coming years.

And Leeds not a 'decent' club? Alright historically some of their fans and some of their former players are nasty bastards, but the history of the club is pretty rich and they still have one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases in the country.

In any case, I think they trump our 3 league cups and cheapo identikit ground named after our chairman's airport retail company.hardly gives us the right to pass that kind of judgement. Besides, you're confusing the fabric of the club (i.e. the body of Leeds fans and their position as a club) with their current ownership. Most of their fans hate Bates too, and would agree also that ticket prices at ER (for home fans too, not just away) are too high.

It's worth £25.01 to me. You are just picking figures out of the air without any justification.

Right, you want justification?

For one example - Borussia Dortmund, last years champions - a standing ticket behind the goal will set you back € 14,90 at most (stadium plan/ticket prices) - That's about £12.50.

Meanwhile, behind the goal for us - mid-table, 2nd tier - for an adult, £28 or £32. Now that's over twice the price for a lower tier of football, how the hell can that be justifiable?

Likewise, standing at:

Bayern Munich - €15,

Schalke - €15 (admittedly 10-11, but they don't appear to have a set of prices for this season).

Wolfsburg - €12

Or, you could pay £18 to watch Luton

Then, a couple of articles from a few years ago:

http://www.wsc.co.uk...t/view/7293/38/

http://www.guardian....betterfootball1

yes, in the meantime prices will have altered a bit, but I think the point behind these is clear for all.

Now tell me this isn't daylight robbery. If I can get a two tickets at the likes of Borrussia Dortmund, Schalke or Bayern Munich in the best part of the ground for slightly less than Leeds expect me to pay to be treated like scum by that devil-woman they have - whose only difference with Barclay is that she actually ****ing faces the crowd - then do y'know what I'm going to be doing?

I'm going to be looking from the outside and saying "Hey, wait a minute, we're being ****ed." and I'm not going to be paying what is clearly a ridiculous amount.

How is it OTT? My principle being I won't blindly fork over money for a game because I have no other choice to see that game and believe doing so won't make me any less of a supporter. Fine I won't see that game. Principle still intact.

Taking into account travelling costs and a a pint or two of beer or a Mcdonalds you are just quibbling over a few pounds. It really is quite silly.

Right, you want justification?

Now tell me this isn't daylight robbery. If I can get a two tickets at the likes of Borrussia Dortmund, Schalke or Bayern Munich in the best part of the ground for slightly less than Leeds expect me to pay to be treated like scum by that devil-woman they have - whose only difference with Barclay is that she actually ****ing faces the crowd - then do y'know what I'm going to be doing?

I'm going to be looking from the outside and saying "Hey, wait a minute, we're being ****ed." and I'm not going to be paying what is clearly a ridiculous amount.

You still haven't justified why you would pay £25 and not £25.01. Try again.

For turnabout, why £31? Is it to think you're making a point when you're proving **** all? £30 is a barrier that rarely gets breached for away tickets, it will soon if cretins like Bates are allowed to charge whatever they want for fools to blindly turn up. There are Arsenal fans who pay £100 to watch their team. Utter mugs.

Taking into account travelling costs and a a pint or two of beer or a Mcdonalds you are just quibbling over a few pounds. It really is quite silly.

How are you not understanding it!!!

I could go for a drink before the game and be given a free bottle of Dom Perignon that day, but the ticket is still £36. That's £36 I'm not willing to take from my wallet and place in Ken Bates' grubby hand. That's the principle behind it.

When the tickets for next years Leeds game or the year after that are £42 you've got no one to blame but yourself.

For turnabout, why £31? Is it to think you're making a point when you're proving **** all? £30 is a barrier that rarely gets breached for away tickets, it will soon if cretins like Bates are allowed to charge whatever they want for fools to blindly turn up. There are Arsenal fans who pay £100 to watch their team. Utter mugs.

Until we live in a totalitarian state or the Football League and Premier League fix prices then clubs will charge what the market will pay.

I certainly prefer paying high prices at Leicester when we have ambitious owners than the days when we were almost broke and picking up free transfers and loans in Kelly's days - still that's another argument.

Until we live in a totalitarian state or the Football League and Premier League fix prices then clubs will charge what the market will pay.

I certainly prefer paying high prices at Leicester when we have ambitious owners than the days when we were almost broke and picking up free transfers and loans in Kelly's days - still that's another argument.

lol

unteachable.....

How are you not understanding it!!!

I could go for a drink before the game and be given a free bottle of Dom Perignon that day, but the ticket is still £36. That's £36 I'm not willing to take from my wallet and place in Ken Bates' grubby hand. That's the principle behind it.

When the tickets for next years Leeds game or the year after that are £42 you've got no one to blame but yourself.

I won't be blaming anybody but will decide whether I think it is worth it or not. We just have different views I suppose. I look at the total day's expenditure and you isolate the ticket price from the rest.

Archived