Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

Now that I'd like to see......I seem to remember you casing some grief last season too..... :whistle:

Yes I had to have a discussion with stewards and security about the correct interpretation of ground rules but we all got on in the end.

I don't understand what boycotting is going to achieve.

The Leeds fans don't turn up anymore either and Bates has done fvck all to change ticket prices.

If it weren't the last game of the season, I'd consider it. But no, this is our last football fix until August and I'm not going to miss it.

The Leeds fans don't turn up anymore either and Bates has done fvck all to change ticket prices.

If it weren't the last game of the season, I'd consider it. But no, this is our last football fix until August and I'm not going to miss it.

Probably not a lot, but at least I'll have £65 in my pocket, whereas you'll be money down and pissed off after another piss poor performance where your treated like a complete **** by the Leeds stewards.

I'm not going because it will make a difference, I'm not going because I probably won't enjoy it and I'll feel worse with the amount spent.

I'm sure a lot of people on here would be going if we had a chance of sealing promotion, as would I, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face (or to spite Leeds) I'm simply not going because it will be shit.

Even if it was a tenner, it's not worth getting down in the mouth about and wasting my time.

I'm staying home to enjoy Coventry's relegation.

I'm not going because it will make a difference, I'm not going because I probably won't enjoy it and I'll feel worse with the amount spent.

I'm sure a lot of people on here would be going if we had a chance of sealing promotion, as would I, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face (or to spite Leeds) I'm simply not going because it will be shit.

Even if it was a tenner, it's not worth getting down in the mouth about and wasting my time.

I'm staying home to enjoy Coventry's relegation.

this. so much is undecided, could be exciting

Thank fuck for that, it's been a long, disappointing, frustrating season one i'm glad to see the back off.

Yes i'll probably be bored over the summer (Although there is Euro 2012) and i'll be anticipating the new season but I really cannot wait to see that back of this season.

Those saying a boycott wouldn't prove anything are mad, 1000 Leicester fans turning up will prove Bates was right with pricing.

Other clubs will soon follow, do you not think if we had a considerable amount, our owners might try the same pricing? £36!

Just imagine in one hell of a miracle we beat Burnley on Tuesday and Cardiff and Middlesbrough both lose what would be the reaction on here.

Probably that we are part timers for not going, my reaction would not change.

Some of you on here saying u have already ordered your ticket, on lcfc.com it says tickets out to priority 1 tomorrow if after the west ham game we can still make it i will deffo be going if not i wont be spending £25 on friendly plus other costs if were not playing for anything I would send out a message to the FA which is to boycott the match which then gives the FA the time over the summer to do something about it

Some of you on here saying u have already ordered your ticket, on lcfc.com it says tickets out to priority 1 tomorrow if after the west ham game we can still make it i will deffo be going if not i wont be spending £25 on friendly plus other costs if were not playing for anything I would send out a message to the FA which is to boycott the match which then gives the FA the time over the summer to do something about it

and if they saw this post they'd laugh at you. You'll go if we have something to play for, but not if we don't. That's not making a stance against Bates

and if they saw this post they'd laugh at you. You'll go if we have something to play for, but not if we don't. That's not making a stance against Bates

Ok yee if we can still get play offs we will take near enough 2000 if we cant we wont get 300 there well it is because he charges rediculous money and if there is nothing to play for then nobody will be there but if we do have something to play for us then people who can afford it will pay those prices rediculous or not

Ok yee if we can still get play offs we will take near enough 2000 if we cant we wont get 300 there well it is because he charges rediculous money and if there is nothing to play for then nobody will be there but if we do have something to play for us then people who can afford it will pay those prices rediculous or not

I agree, to some extent

Some Leeds fans no longer have a choice ..... read on

"The hierarchy at Leeds United has refused to lift its membership ban on Leeds United Supporters’ Trust's (LUST) chair and board members despite the Football Supporters’ Federation’s attempts to mediate. The club placed a “stop” on LUST board members’ individual ticketing accounts around four weeks ago – this is, in effect, an away match ban. Why? The club don’t like what LUST says.

The FSF believes it is unequivocally wrong to ban supporters for expressing their point of view. LUST’s board has not done anything untoward or illegal and its members have not misbehaved inside the ground. The FSF has spoken at length to LUST chair Gary Cooper on this issue and his tone is one of sorrow over the whole situation, rather than anger. Fans deserve better.

On Tuesday 27th March FSF director of policy Steve Powell spoke to Leeds United chief executive Shaun Harvey. LUST is an FSF affiliate and we had hoped to act as a liaison point between Leeds United and LUST. Unfortunately, despite an amicable discussion, it was clear the club would not back down - they will ban fans they simply disagree with.

In an email to Gary Cooper the Leeds United chief executive said: “In simple terms we are exercising our right only to sell tickets to those who we wish to do so.”

Many Leeds United fans feel that the club has not shown sufficient ambition in the transfer market and are frustrated at seeing their best players sold off. As an entirely legitimate and democratic organisation LUST communicated these views via the local media and their own website with January 2012’s Future Vision document. They have merely reflected the views of the fans they represent.

It seems club chairman Ken Bates took particular umbrage at the trust’s Future Vision. Now cuddly Ken isn’t really one for criticism – dissenting voices on anything from ticket prices to the tea being a bit cold seems to be taken as disloyalty on a treacherous scale. Bates has even banned respected Guardian journo (and former FSF Writer of the Year) David Conn from Elland Road.

There’s clearly a gulf in how the FSF, LUST, and football fans view the world as opposed to the hierarchy at Elland Road. Shaun Harvey told the FSF, “players play, managers manage, and supporters support”. Under Leeds United’s own peculiar set of rules fans are to be seen and not heard – and they certainly should not publish a Future Vision statement, even if its core sentiments are shared by thousands of fellow fans.

No communication

“I had no communication from the club at all before they cancelled my membership – no phone calls, no emails, no letters. We only found out because one board member tried to buy a ticket for Hull and Middlesbrough away but couldn’t. I then tried to purchase tickets and realised mine was blocked too,” says Gary.

“I contacted the ticket office via email and got an automated reply saying they’d reply in five days and I thought this isn’t good enough. So I contacted the chief exec Shaun Harvey to ask if my membership had been blocked. I was told that due to criticism of the chairman and, to a lesser extent, himself, we [the LUST board] have all had our membership suspended.”

Gary argues that all good trusts canvass their members' views and communicate those opinions – it’s their raison d’être. He also points out that the trust brought together a wide range of groups, including those from Leeds United’s officially recognised regional members' clubs, and the club evidently didn’t like that.

“Mr Bates has his own members’ clubs which are officially recognised by Leeds United,” says Gary. “Every members’ club has its accounts audited once per year and contribute a share of any profits to Leeds United. They get member benefits like ex-players coming to speak at their events, Peter Lorimer reminiscing about the glory days of the 70s and so on.”

But if supporters’ groups stray from the subject of on-pitch nostalgia they’d better watch out or their membership might be “stopped”. Nevertheless Gary remains hopeful that the situation will be reviewed at the end of the season although it looks likely LUST will complain to the Football League and, should that fail to overturn the ban, the Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO).

Gary adds: “I think they realise they have made a monumental PR cock up though. LUST went from having 4,000 members to over 5,000 members almost overnight. Those fans have joined because they’re very much against the action the club has taken against myself and my fellow board members. I’m keen to take the complaint to the Football League and IFO because if Bates and Harvey think it’s OK to do it to us they can do it to anyone.”

While the LUST board might be banned from buying tickets through official channels one thing is for sure – fans stick together.

“We have members on our board who’ve been home and away for years. I’m not naming names but you could say the LUST membership has rallied and made sure that people haven’t missed any games that they didn’t want to miss. That’s Leeds United fans for you,” says Gary."

What is the point of not going to Leeds United if we beat Burnley and West Ham United and the other teams lose/drop points making a win a possibility of getting into the play offs?

Will all the so-called principled boycotters then not go? I doubt it - they'll be queuing up for tickets. As supporters aren't you supposed to support your team?

Anyway, the cost of going to an away match is dependent on travelling costs as well not just the cost of a ticket.

I'd happily pay £50 if I witnessed us getting into the play-offs.

What is the point of not going to Leeds United if we beat Burnley and West Ham United and the other teams lose/drop points making a win a possibility of getting into the play offs?

Will all the so-called principled boycotters then not go? I doubt it - they'll be queuing up for tickets. As supporters aren't you supposed to support your team?

Anyway, the cost of going to an away match is dependent on travelling costs as well not just the cost of a ticket.

Supporters don't have to be sheep ready for fleecing.

It's supply and demand at the end of the day. Are you seriously suggesting that you wouldn't pay the highest ticket prices in the Championship if that promised you Premiership football?

No, I tend not to like being taken advantage of as a consumer.

So by your logic the price isn't an issue to you, so if the price were £100 per ticket you'd still go because that's what being a supporter is to you?

To show we aren't prepared to be fleeced by greedy ***** like bates? To show that we aren't just cash piñatas like clubs seem to think?

Will all the so-called principled boycotters then not go? I doubt it - they'll be queuing up for tickets.

I will still not go. It may be my local game, but at £36 a ticket they can whistle. Regardless of what happens in the next two weeks, this game isn't happening for me, I'll go to a mayday festival instead.

As supporters aren't you supposed to support your team?

Supporting your team doesn't have to mean bending over backwards to be ****ed by those at the top.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make it acceptable to wring fans dry of their cash for the tickets.

Well then you're a fool

It's supply and demand at the end of the day. Are you seriously suggesting that you wouldn't pay the highest ticket prices in the Championship if that promised you Premiership football?

Yes. I don't care about the premiership, it embodies everything that's wrong with modern football, and I refuse to be taken for granted as a source of income for clubs.

No, I tend not to like being taken advantage of as a consumer.

So by your logic the price isn't an issue to you, so if the price were £100 per ticket you'd still go because that's what being a supporter is to you?

The current price of £36 is hardly being taken advantage of when you take in travelling costs and other expenses on the day. Fans paid a high price at West Ham United.

Archived