Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

I didn't say it bothers me I'm just saying it is personal abuse. It is abuse (as I said, however soft) directed at a person, not merely their point of view. Am I correct?

No. It was a joke. It was poking fun at an obvious error and the resulting juxtaposition.

It may not have been terribly funny depending upon your perspective, which is irrelevant anyway as it amused me and thereby achieved its goal.

AAnyway I'm still waiting waiting for the student intelligentsia on here to tell me why they think they should pay less to watch Leicester city than the rest of us. A question that has so far not been answered. Could it be there is no justifiable answer ?

Anyway it's all academical ( no pun intended ) You have been rumbled by the club and if you want to go to the matches you WILL pay the new prices. So coming on here bleating the poor old student shit changes absolutely nothing.

Here is a piece of advice . Life is shit , you just have to get used to the smell that's all.

I'll give it a go.

Students have no right to cheaper season tickets, however for the club it makes sense to offer discounts to markets which otherwise wouldn't be tapped into (so to speak), to maximise profits. As a student myself, I know that I would only come back to Leicester every week if I get a discounted rate as otherwise I can't justify it in my budget (which is naturally very restrictive as a student). The stadium doesn't sell out, and therefore the club loses very little by offering discounted seats, and needs to do everything it can to maximise sales. Also enticing as many young people as possible to get a season ticket has to be a football club that is aiming for self sufficiency's main aim as that is their fan base in the future. Also, as I have a lot of leicester passion as a season ticket holder, my family and friends buy me presents such as shirts and scarves and other merchandise from the club which they otherwise wouldn't do, which again increases club revenue.

From a purely business perspective, I think it is in the long term interests of the club to offer a discount to students.

This is in my case and most likely many students:

• No personal income.
  • No time to get a job as well as study ---> No personal income.

I think those two points are major and when you compare them to the £80 a week apprentice at the same age that Stu used an example, the situation contrasts greatly.

Brilliant you have no personal income and no time to get a job as well as study. but amazingly you find the time to go to football matches ! so exactly where does the onus fall on a football club to give you cheap tickets because of the life style you have chosen ?

Instead of going to football matches get a job on a saturday afternoon , because you obviously do nothing on a saturday afternoon and earn enough in the close season to pay for a season ticket , it's what anyone else would have to do.

No. It was a joke. It was poking fun at an obvious error and the resulting juxtaposition.

It may not have been terribly funny depending upon your perspective, which is irrelevant anyway as it amused me and thereby achieved its goal.

I still don't get it, and I'm glad you don't do stand up, but I'm glad you're amused.

... You implied I should be working whilst doing my degree to pay off my degree though...????

Not at all. The loans are there for a reason. If you can't afford the increase of the ST then get a job. That was what I meant.

Yes you will have long days at Uni judging from what you've said. But thats the price you pay. You can't make an omlette without breaking the egg! And anyway, although your days will seem long due to you presumably not being used to the hours, those days are the norm really to any working class person

I'll give it a go.

Students have no right to cheaper season tickets, however for the club it makes sense to offer discounts to markets which otherwise wouldn't be tapped into (so to speak), to maximise profits. As a student myself, I know that I would only come back to Leicester every week if I get a discounted rate as otherwise I can't justify it in my budget (which is naturally very restrictive as a student). The stadium doesn't sell out, and therefore the club loses very little by offering discounted seats, and needs to do everything it can to maximise sales. Also enticing as many young people as possible to get a season ticket has to be a football club that is aiming for self sufficiency's main aim as that is their fan base in the future. Also, as I have a lot of leicester passion as a season ticket holder, my family and friends buy me presents such as shirts and scarves and other merchandise from the club which they otherwise wouldn't do, which again increases club revenue.

From a purely business perspective, I think it is in the long term interests of the club to offer a discount to students.

But not good business for the full paying public is it ! When people pay full whack and see so called students paying less they have every right to ask the club pertinent questions like " why should someones chosen life style get them a cheaper ticket than me ? "

As I have said going to a football match is not an essential it is a choice . Put quite simply pay the price of a ticket the same as everyone else or don't go.

At the end of the day, the lack of student price is clearly going to mean fewer students will be able to go. Simple as that. I would have been able to go at last years price, as would many others on here, but the increase is far too much for people who will have very low disposable income.

I would have just about managed, but now with transport from Newcastle included i have no chance.

I just think it's quite sad how some people seem quite glad that a lot of students will not be able to go and watch the team they love.

But not good business for the full paying public is it ! When people pay full whack and see so called students paying less they have every right to ask the club pertinent questions like " why should someones chosen life style get them a cheaper ticket than me ? "

As I have said going to a football match is not an essential it is a choice . Put quite simply pay the price of a ticket the same as everyone else or don't go.

Well if other STHs did say that and decided not to go because of it then you are right, it wouldn't make business sense. I'm not sure anyone does do that though.

Don't go it is then. Do you not see that me saying that is detrimental to the club?!

That actually did make me laugh, I guess that's more my intellectual level. Thanks.

At the end of the day, the lack of student price is clearly going to mean fewer students will be able to go. Simple as that. I would have been able to go at last years price, as would many others on here, but the increase is far too much for people who will have very low disposable income.

I would have just about managed, but now with transport from Newcastle included i have no chance.

I just think it's quite sad how some people seem quite glad that a lot of students will not be able to go and watch the team they love.

I don't see how badly people can miss the point. Noones stopping them going. It just riles a few people that some of them start crying, 'now we'll have to get a job' or even claim they haven't time for a job.

They don't realise that one way or another they're always going to be struggling to fund the ST. Whether you're a student, past or present, or just left school at 16, its always going to be tight.

I don't see how badly people can miss the point. Noones stopping them going. It just riles a few people that some of them start crying, 'now we'll have to get a job' or even claim they haven't time for a job.

They don't realise that one way or another they're always going to be struggling to fund the ST. Whether you're a student, past or present, or just left school at 16, its always going to be tight.

You're the one missing the point. Whatever my motivations, the price band change means I will no longer go (and a number of others will no longer go either from the posts on here). Therefore, the club is losing out on some fans and therefore money, and with FFP coming in that is completely counterproductive.

Well yes they are, there is no way i can afford a season ticket now, as well as the travel costs and i don't how a 'lifestyle choice' should stop you going to what was once a working-class game.

It may always be tight without being a student, but it isn't even tight for me- it's near impossible.

You're the one missing the point. Whatever my motivations, the price band change means I will no longer go (and a number of others will no longer go either from the posts on here). Therefore, the club is losing out on some fans and therefore money, and with FFP coming in that is completely counterproductive.

If you can't go because you genuinely can't afford it whilst studying (and have a part time job) I do sympathise. But you'd be no different to hundreds of others (non students) who can't afford it either, and I also sympathise with them to the same extent.

If you decide not to go as some sort of protest then you're foolish as once you graduate you're going to be paying the full price anyway!

Well yes they are, there is no way i can afford a season ticket now, as well as the travel costs and i don't how a 'lifestyle choice' should stop you going to what was once a working-class game.

It may always be tight without being a student, but it isn't even tight for me- it's near impossible.

Echoes my sentiments.

If you can't go because you genuinely can't afford it whilst studying (and have a part time job) I do sympathise. But you'd be no different to hundreds of others (non students) who can't afford it either, and I also sympathise with them to the same extent.

If you decide not to go as some sort of protest then you're foolish as once you graduate you're going to be paying the full price anyway!

How am I foolish? I will not pay silly money to watch Championship football, especially when in Central Europe it only costs the equivalent of £104 for an adult season ticket to watch a Champions League finalist on a terrace. We are the mugs in this country.

Sure, with the increase in the prices being as steep as they are not many at all could fund a ST without making sacrifices.

Get a job of sorts, pack the fags in, go out less often etc etc.

How am I foolish? I will not pay silly money to watch Championship football, especially when in Central Europe it only costs the equivalent of £104 for an adult season ticket to watch a Champions League finalist on a terrace. We are the mugs in this country.

Yes we are the mugs I agree. But I bet you'll still pay the adult price once you graduate (which is another £xxx more on top of the projected student prices)

There are a lot of people who are not going to be able to pay the new prices what makes students so special ?

And here you are bleating about the student prices when you are now stating you would not go anyway. Yes foolish springs to mind.

Sure, with the increase in the prices being as steep as they are not many at all could fund a ST without making sacrifices.

Get a job of sorts, pack the fags in, go out less often etc etc.

Increasing it by 8% is not going to have the same effect on adults as the increase on students.

A job of sorts will not be enough.

Smoking's disgusting.

I hardly spend anything going out at all.

And here you are bleating about the student prices when you are now stating you would not go anyway. Yes foolish springs to mind.

I am yet to decide but if there was student prices there would be no doubt in my mind and I wouldn't be 'bleating' about it on here... so I don't see your point there. It wouldn't even surprise me if the large majority of people arguing against student prices don't even have season tickets.

So to all of you arguing against students,

would you be happy and accept it if there was a a £150-200+ rise in YOUR season tickets?

I'm sure lcfcstu and flowwolf would be mate.

There are a lot of people who are not going to be able to pay the new prices what makes students so special ?

Surely the club should be looking to accommodate for all of its fans, maximising ticket sales and therefore revenue, as well as rewarding its loyal supporters.

Like I said earlier, OAP's pay less because their income is less which will encourage them to still purchase a ST, so shouldn't students prices be cheaper to encourage them to buy one too?

It is not a rise for students you are merely being asked to pay the same as anyone else. You have lost your concession which part of that don't you understand ?

The part which involves a lot of us losing the chance to go and watch the team we support because we simply can't afford it.

Archived