Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

The predjudice towards students on here is unreal.

If you object to students getting cheaper tickets so much, you should have aired your views before this thread. This thread is for people objecting to the price of their season ticket being doubled after watching a season of shite, which is clearly unfair even if you disagree with the season tickets being cheap in the first place.

Would any adults not feel aggrieved if their 500 pound season ticket doubled in price? For a working adult 10 pounds a week more is probably about the same proportionally as 3 pounds a week extra is for a student, but there would still be hell on here.

All those complaining about the price hike are missing the point. Every one of us live within our means. Just because I may be on more money than a student doesn't mean I have more spare money. What will happen when you graduate? You'll buy a house at some point. The house will probably be proportionate to the wage you earn. A bigger house means more council tax as an example.

Unless you end up in a job where you're being paid stupid money its very unlikely that you'll ever be in a position where you can easily afford a season ticket. Especially when you have the student loan to pay back. Thats why people aren't sympathising too much. Everyone on here will budget their money to some extent.

Its a bit of a myth about going to uni anyway. Granted there will be some graduates one day earning big money. My brother graduated from his architect degree last year. What does he do currently? Works at Halfords and Wickes.

Oh dear it has become so boring. Come on you so called educated ones I will ask the question one more time , Why do you think your tickets to a Leicester city match should cost you less than anyone else is paying ? it is not a hard question considering your educational backgrounds so come on then explain why ? and please don't continue with the side tracking on the issue . Give us your reason.

Oh and Daggers love your " if I were a student " gag ---As if :D :D :D :D :D :D

Why are OAP's given a discount; because they have less disposable income and in less of a position to be earning as much money, as with Students. Surely the club should be making an adequate attempt to accommodate for all of their supporters.

Not going to enter the "should they/shouldn't they" debate, but...

Students have put sod all into the economy at that stage of their life.

Despite not being true for everyone (I didn't start uni til I was 22), you're forgetting that people pay tax on more than just their earnings. If all students spend their money on is smoking and drinking (again, not true for everyone), then think about how much of that is going straight back into the government's pockets. Not to mention fuel duty, VAT, etc...

So how do you fund the odd student night out or the 10 away games you went to?

I don't go out and the 10 away games that I went to were thanks to EMA payments I've received.

Some people's views on here are so defensive it's unreal. Japes made some fantastic points and I will scurry through this thread and put some points together to send to the club.

As for people saying if you have a fiver to gamble... what do people not realise about the fact that I've been playing off of my winnings? And that's also like saying to people who moan about adult prices then, well if you stopped eating chocolate/smoking/drinking then you could put £8 aside and pay for your season ticket...

I don't go out and the 10 away games that I went to were thanks to EMA payments I've received.

Some people's views on here are so defensive it's unreal. Japes made some fantastic points and I will scurry through this thread and put some points together to send to the club.

As for people saying if you have a fiver to gamble... what do people not realise about the fact that I've been playing off of my winnings? And that's also like saying to people who moan about adult prices then, well if you stopped eating chocolate/smoking/drinking then you could put £8 aside and pay for your season ticket...

And no doubt people do.

As has been said by someone already students or not have to budget, you have to cut some things out to gain other things.

I've always been bought up that if you couldn't afford something, you either save or you don't have it and I cannot guarentee i'll never be in debt but the attitude or if you can't afford it you save or don't have it is a good way of not being in debt, I never have and hope to never be in debt, the only debt I plan to have is a mortgage - which if there is 'a good debt' a mortgage is one of them.

Guest parky0607

Personally I dont understand why certain categories of people pay different prices, everyone purchasing a ticket are still consuming the same number of seats and watching the same game. You dont go to the MEN arena and get a subsidised ticket, so why do you at the football?

So heres my idea... we average out the price of each category and make that the ticket price. So say kids are currently £10 and adults are £20... change the ticket price to £15 for all - simples. I hate the fact that the little 13 year old shit who doesnt even pay attention to the game pays half the price I do, when I care a lot more than they do.

For the record I am a student

The very reason EMA was scrapped

All those complaining about the price hike are missing the point. Every one of us live within our means. Just because I may be on more money than a student doesn't mean I have more spare money. What will happen when you graduate? You'll buy a house at some point. The house will probably be proportionate to the wage you earn. A bigger house means more council tax as an example.

Unless you end up in a job where you're being paid stupid money its very unlikely that you'll ever be in a position where you can easily afford a season ticket. Especially when you have the student loan to pay back. Thats why people aren't sympathising too much. Everyone on here will budget their money to some extent.

Its a bit of a myth about going to uni anyway. Granted there will be some graduates one day earning big money. My brother graduated from his architect degree last year. What does he do currently? Works at Halfords and Wickes.

Well for me, student season tickets this year were within my means and next year a season ticket is not as theyve changed the rules. For that reason only I am pissed off. In the long run i think removing student season tickets will cost the club loyal season ticket holders which will harm atmosphere and possibly income. I dont understand why people feel the need to have a go at students just because we are a bit miffed our tickets have doubled in price.

The very reason EMA was scrapped

Which has nothing to do with anything.

And no doubt people do.

As has been said by someone already students or not have to budget, you have to cut some things out to gain other things.

I've always been bought up that if you couldn't afford something, you either save or you don't have it and I cannot guarentee i'll never be in debt but the attitude or if you can't afford it you save or don't have it is a good way of not being in debt, I never have and hope to never be in debt, the only debt I plan to have is a mortgage - which if there is 'a good debt' a mortgage is one of them.

Yes I agree with you but Moonie seems to be making a big deal out of it. A £150 rise is an awful lot and for me it looks like it's the right time to stick two fingers up to modern football in general.

Oh you heroes :chant:

Great point again :rolleyes:

As much as you may hate to hear it but graduates on good degrees will be earning on average 11k more than those without a degree, therefore paying a higher tax band and contributing overall more to the country over their working lives. Just because students may contribute nothing/very little during their 3/4 years at uni, they will contribute a lot more over a lifetime, so perhaps your the tax dodger?

Oh you heroes :chant:

No need for that sarcasm, that's what it looks like anyway.

Many students are studying to become doctors and nurses, so generally they might become heroes. And one of them might up saving your life. Generally though students are going to better themselves (that's why I'm going to university in September) and I don't think anyone can fault them for that. And you can't use the drink/smoke/sex/gambling lifestyle as evidence, because I doubt all students are like that. It's just the face that a (bad) reputation is gained.

I personally don't think it's fair that the club is scrapping student tickets, and loosing some of their fans, and therefore some money. I'm not bothering arguing though, and I don't think other current/future students should either, because if you don't agree with in, then you'll never see another way. It's just that, students have less money (fact), And this is why discounts for certain shops and organisations are avaliable. I think the club should take this into consideration, otherwise they might end up loosing out, as pointed out.

Well for me, student season tickets this year were within my means and next year a season ticket is not as theyve changed the rules. For that reason only I am pissed off. In the long run i think removing student season tickets will cost the club loyal season ticket holders which will harm atmosphere and possibly income. I dont understand why people feel the need to have a go at students just because we are a bit miffed our tickets have doubled in price.

Which has nothing to do with anything.

If people need the handouts that badly at least use them for what they're intended for.

Fine, a ST was within your means this year but won't be next time. If the prices hadn't gone up, you'll only complain when you finally get your head out the clouds and realise you'll still struggle big time after graduating

Great point again :rolleyes:

As much as you may hate to hear it but graduates on good degrees will be earning on average 11k more than those without a degree, therefore paying a higher tax band and contributing overall more to the country over their working lives. Just because students may contribute nothing/very little during their 3/4 years at uni, they will contribute a lot more over a lifetime, so perhaps your the tax dodger?

You hope to earn 11k more than me with grammar like that?

If people need the handouts that badly at least use them for what they're intended for.

Fine, a ST was within your means this year but won't be next time. If the prices hadn't gone up, you'll only complain when you finally get your head out the clouds and realise you'll still struggle big time after graduating

You hope to earn 11k more than me with grammar like that?

Yes, because I'll be doing a Physics degree where spelling and grammar aren't such major issues you pedantic cvnt.

Many students are studying to become doctors and nurses, so generally they might become heroes. And one of them might up saving your life. Generally though students are going to better themselves (that's why I'm going to university in September) and I don't think anyone can fault them for that. And you can't use the drink/smoke/sex/gambling lifestyle as evidence, because I doubt all students are like that. It's just the face that a (bad) reputation is gained.

I personally don't think it's fair that the club is scrapping student tickets, and loosing some of their fans, and therefore some money. I'm not bothering arguing though, and I don't think other current/future students should either, because if you don't agree with in, then you'll never see another way. It's just that, students have less money (fact), And this is why discounts for certain shops and organisations are avaliable. I think the club should take this into consideration, otherwise they might end up loosing out, as pointed out.

That's the point. Its not fact. (certainly not in my case anyway) Unless you're planning on living with mum n dad after graduating you'll never have as much spare cash as you do now.

Yes it was sarcasm. Going to uni does not automatically make you more intelligent than those who didn't go. Of course, some will become doctors/surgeons etc and yes they'd be rightly called heroes. I'd say though that x amount of the posters on here who think they are/will be superior than no university goers, purely because they're at Uni, will be studying a pointless subject, or got in to uni with poor grades in their pointless A Level subject.

Students get discounts because there are a lot of them concentrated in an area with a disposable income.

They get discounts because a profit can be turned from them and/or to build brand loyalty.

Please tell me you aren't going to Uni in order to study English.

About EMA: you're right they got rid of because too many were abusing the system, but it has nothing to do with this thread as it isn't to do with student season tickets being revoked.

I know I will struggle after graduating, but that's irrelevant as I already struggled this season to fund my ST and travel back for games. My head isn't in the clouds at all. You're an arse, I'm leaving this thread as it's annoying me that people can be as ignorant as you.

Students get discounts because there are a lot of them concentrated in an area with a disposable income.

They get discounts because a profit can be turned from them and/or to build brand loyalty.

Please tell me you aren't going to Uni in order to study English.

As they already said they aren't so there's no need for you to worry.

About EMA: you're right they got rid of because too many were abusing the system, but it has nothing to do with this thread as it isn't to do with student season tickets being revoked.

I know I will struggle after graduating, but that's irrelevant as I already struggled this season to fund my ST and travel back for games. My head isn't in the clouds at all. You're an arse, I'm leaving this thread as it's annoying me that people can be as ignorant as you.

Like 15000 other STHs?

I'm an arse because I come up with points you have no comeback for?

Hope you're not studying to be a lawyer

Archived