Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

I believe this deserves its own thread as there seems to be many annoyed students including myself and if your just going to have a go at us for being students and we should afford a season ticket because we can afford to 'get plastered' every week, well your wrong so don't bother commenting. I'm sure you would be a little annoyed if your ST price went up by over 200%.

BBC Radio Leicester tomorrow morning are interested in getting students on air to discuss there feelings on this increase. Jason Bourne has organised it on his twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonBourne1986 so get in touch with him. He doesn't mind just emails either as they can all be used as what he called 'evidence of peoples opinions'. Also we should get emailing the club about lack of student prices
[email protected] being the address I used myself.

Personally I'm a season ticket holder who goes to Lancaster university and has travelled to the majority of home games via train this season, I think its disgusting how they can justify the increase. I would have to pay £360 compared to £130 last season, a price I cannot afford. The club has made steps to continue making games affordable to those who need it most such as families and children, yet scrapping the student prices completely undermines this.

I believe students should join together to start a little campaign against the abolishment of student prices as surely none or relatively few are going to pay the increase and there must be 800+ student season ticket holders.

Ian Stringer@StringerSport

You'll hear from #lcfc Chief Exec Susan Whelan on 104.9fm from 6pm tonight on the season ticket prices including student prices

I posted this on the other thread but it might be useful on here. Either they think they've made a mistake and she's gonna tell us there are student prices, or she's explaining why there arn't any.

Are there no student season tickets for the forthcoming season then? Last season there were student season tickets avaliable, and even though I was at college when renewing, they didn't let me have one (course ended in July).

Anyway, I'm going to Manchester Met University in September (of this year, 2012) and if I was to renew my season ticket again then I'm hoping there are some student prices. I think the club need to take everything into consideration like.

Are there no student season tickets for the forthcoming season then? Last season there were student season tickets avaliable, and even though I was at college when renewing, they didn't let me have one (course ended in July).

They didn't let me have one either, even with proof that I was starting another course.

Idiots. I'll be blagging U18.

They didn't let me have one either, even with proof that I was starting another course.

That's never right. Should have tried to complain to the Chief Exec or whatever.

I know Unit got the money (difference) back once he showed a headed letter from university.

Wouldn't suprise me if they put them down to under 22's. I think before last season thats what the student ticket price was. I know that only really benefits mature students.

TBH, I think they reduced them too much last year in the expectation we'd be in the Prem so people wouldn't mind paying more. £130 to sit in £400-500 pound seats was a very cushy deal, it had never been anything like that cheap before, 2 years ago my mates student ticket was £200ish and that was for the cheapest just the ticket area.

She will probably say things along these lines to try and justify an increase.

I got the difference back when I showed a letter for last season, but getting the letter how the club wanted it was a nightmare, they wouldn't accept it either until my course had started again. The person who sorted my season ticket out at the time said they would be surprised if they did student season tickets next year because of the continuos problems they had throughout the season

I've sent an e-mail in. The fact that on the website they've put

'as we continue to reward the passion and loyalty of our supporters with the best possible value'

pisses me off. Do they fvck reward us. Going down to watch us play every other saturday is something I look forward to every week leading up to it, but i'm guessing it'll have to stop now.

I think the problem is it's too easy to be classed as a student nowadays. I'm doing a level three course at work and could get a students union card and I'm 48. Surely most students are catered for in the under 22 bracket.

Looks like I won't be getting a season ticket next season then. Had enough trouble this season with the ticket staff not giving me the student discount/money back for it. Been in four times but every time I've not had 'adequate evidence' of being a student apart from a student card for my University and multiple other documents...

why should students get cheap tickets?

how about the price changes for someone who has there 18th birthday before 1 sept, all of a sudden the have to pay double last year, approx another £150 to pay., are you going to campaign for those also ?

I think the problem is it's too easy to be classed as a student nowadays. I'm doing a level three course at work and could get a students union card and I'm 48. Surely most students are catered for in the under 22 bracket.

I thought LCFC required students to bring in a headed letter proving they're on a full-time course. NUS is really only any good for away grounds.

why should students get cheap tickets?

how about the price changes for someone who has there 18th birthday before 1 sept, all of a sudden the have to pay double last year, approx another £150 to pay., are you going to campaign for those also ?

Fair enough if you don't think students should have cheaper tickets, but a 210% increase, come on?!

Students were getting their season tickets cheaper than under 22s last year i think. Don't see how that was fair soot bothered that they now pay more.

Because students are in a worse position financially than most u22s who haven't decided to go to uni and are in part-time or full-time employment.

Why don't you just start a protest or something? Thats all students do! (as well as get plastered);)

Why are you more deserving of one than a lad/lass who goes to a College 4 out of 5 days a week? Or an apprentice on £80 a week?

Edit- I'm doing a Level 3 course at college (and still on wages accordingly at work). Having a mortgage means I'm also skint, but I have to pay the full whack! Where do you draw the line?

Surely the savings you make elsewhere- train discounts, clothes discounts etc mean you can make the money up elsewhere?

Would have got a season ticket for £130, maybe even with an increase, but living in Newcastle next year, no chance. They'll lost a lot of people through this.

Apparently there was only 200 people in the stadium having a student season ticket last season! bollocks!

Would have got a season ticket for £130, maybe even with an increase, but living in Newcastle next year, no chance. They'll lost a lot of people through this.

Apparently there was only 200 people in the stadium having a student season ticket last season! bollocks!

I think she means there are only 200 students who are older than 22 who won't qualify for any discount next year, of I which I am one. Don't see why they can't just put 200 of us in the under 22 bracket if we've got proof.

Sounds to me like it was a choice between accepting that a few would bend the rules and get a cheaper ticket when they shouldn't have vs p*ss*ng students off who are perfectly entitled to cheaper tickets. Think they went for the wrong option to be honest.

Why don't you just start a protest or something? Thats all students do! (as well as get plastered)

Why are you more deserving of one than a lad/lass who goes to a College 4 out of 5 days a week? Or an apprentice on £80 a week?

Get off your high horse stu. I'm assuming you think white people should get a discount?

Archived