Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

Like 15000 other STHs?

I'm an arse because I come up with points you have no comeback for?

I'm not claiming the other STHs don't!

You completely ignore what I say each time and then write some politically-driven bullshit because you don't like students. That is why you're an arse.

That's the point. Its not fact. (certainly not in my case anyway) Unless you're planning on living with mum n dad after graduating you'll never have as much spare cash as you do now.

Yes it was sarcasm. Going to uni does not automatically make you more intelligent than those who didn't go. Of course, some will become doctors/surgeons etc and yes they'd be rightly called heroes. I'd say though that x amount of the posters on here who think they are/will be superior than no university goers, purely because they're at Uni, will be studying a pointless subject, or got in to uni with poor grades in their pointless A Level subject.

Never said going does make you more intelligent. We have somewhat moved from tickets to knocking people.

I don't think you should describe a course as "pointless" though, regardless of what you think. It isn't offering you and advantage, but it is for the person who is undertaking it. I don't think any student thinks they are better because they are going/do go to univeristy. I know I don't think I am better than anyone who doesn't go. But I know I'll be going to study something I love. My choice.

Oh, and I got in with my excellent A Level grades.

Please tell me you aren't going to Uni in order to study English.

No I'm not.

Like 15000 other STHs?

Hope you're not studying to be a lawyer

I struggle every bloody year with things going up so does everyone else,its not just students that suffer

I'm not claiming the other STHs don't!

You completely ignore what I say each time and then write some politically-driven bullshit because you don't like students. That is why you're an arse.

Well why do we get the, 'woe is me' from students then? Deal with the fecker and realise you'll always have to budget for things once you're in the big wide world.

Politically driven bullshit?

Don't like students? I don't like a lot of their attitudes certainly. Some good mates of mine are post graduates though.

Like 15000 other STHs?

Nice edit, I'm glad I'm not. You should have gone to university, you'd make a good politician: completely ignoring others opinions and restating your own.

I struggle every bloody year with things going up so does everyone else,its not just students that suffer

I didn't say it was, how do people manage to misquote on this even though the quote is above their post?!

Like 15000 other STHs?

A bit like you're fantastic comeback to me of 'You hope to earn 11k more than me with grammar like that?'?

I hope you're studying to be a comedian, you'd make me laugh all day long :crylaugh:

Never said going does make you more intelligent. We have somewhat moved from tickets to knocking people.

I don't think you should describe a course as "pointless" though, regardless of what you think. It isn't offering you and advantage, but it is for the person who is undertaking it. I don't think any student thinks they are better because they are going/do go to univeristy. I know I don't think I am better than anyone who doesn't go. But I know I'll be going to study something I love. My choice.

Oh, and I got in with my excellent A Level grades.

No I'm not.

I'm not knocking anyone. Some courses/subjects are pointless though. You could probably get into Uni and therefore come away with a degree on the back of a C in general studies (if they still do that) and a couple other useless subjects at A Level, to then study say, Media Studies at Uni.

Does their degree have the same value as someone who graduated in Maths? No.

Well why do we get the, 'woe is me' from students then? Deal with the fecker and realise you'll always have to budget for things once you're in the big wide world.

So if your ST doubled in price you wouldn't be miffed and share that opinion with others?

Politically driven bullshit?

Sorry, it just sounds like you've eaten all the crap the conservatives used to scapegoat students over the past couple of years.

Don't like students? I don't like a lot of their attitudes certainly. Some good mates of mine are post graduates though.

I don't think many students have the attitude you seem to think most do.

Look at the end of the day if you cant afford something (not just a ST) you dont have it, thats life im afraid id like to go Barbados for a month but got no hope unless i win the bloody lottery and theres no hope of that :(

I'm not knocking anyone. Some courses/subjects are pointless though. You could probably get into Uni and therefore come away with a degree on the back of a C in general studies (if they still do that) and a couple other useless subjects at A Level, to then study say, Media Studies at Uni.

If they were interested in media studies it still wouldn't be "pointless". Although I agree 'Mickey Mouse degrees' are shit for most people, and should only be for people who actually have an interest in their course.

Again, you are generalising, this is also a gripe of mine but YOU'RE just so narrow minded it's pathetic.

SP

Does it look like I give a shit you tosser?

So if your ST doubled in price you wouldn't be miffed and share that opinion with others?

Sorry, it just sounds like you've eaten all the crap the conservatives used to scapegoat students over the past couple of years.

I don't think many students have the attitude you seem to think most do.

If you look back onto the first page of this thread (i think) you'll find my original view on the price hike. Yes, its harsh, very harsh in fact. BUT I don't think there ever should've been a student price to start with. You're no different to an apprentice on £80 a week who doesn't get any discount.

Look at the end of the day if you cant afford something (not just a ST) you dont have it, thats life im afraid id like to go Barbados for a month but got no hope unless i win the bloody lottery and theres no hope of that :(

Exactly, but this thread is just a place for students to express their disappointment. The same as if someone had been moved seats in the stadium away from friends for no reason (even if they don't have a right to that seat, as students don't to cheap tickets} they could come on and complain. I wouldn't expect them to get the same reaction as some people have given on here. People have a right to air disappointment on this forum, it's one of its uses.

If you look back onto the first page of this thread (i think) you'll find my original view on the price hike. Yes, its harsh, very harsh in fact. BUT I don't think there ever should've been a student price to start with. You're no different to an apprentice on £80 a week who doesn't get any discount.

Yes we are as many of us have no income at all...

And as Moonie says, they can always put aside £5 per week towards a season ticket. This debate with you is swings and roundabouts, you continue to contradict yourself and YOU'RE so full of shit. You would make a good politician.

Why is it being narrow minded?

Do I really have to explain why it is narrow minded? Do you expect LCFC to give discounts to Maths, Physics, Medicine and Chemistry students at top 30 universities but not to somebody who studies David Beckham or Media at somewhere like Bolton or Northampton University? We are arguing as to whether there should be a student discount or not and you continue to move away from that fact.

And what I stated a couple of pages back is that if you don't think there ever should have been one, you can just be happy there no longer is. You don't need to come on here and rub peoples faces in the fact their ST price has doubled. That's all I've been trying to say.

Do I really have to explain why it is narrow minded? Do you expect LCFC to give discounts to Maths, Physics, Medicine and Chemistry students at top 30 universities but not to somebody who studies David Beckham or Media at somewhere like Bolton or Northampton University? We are arguing as to whether there should be a student discount or not and you continue to move away from that fact.

Its not being narrow minded. The fact is a lot of you think going to Uni will enable you to earn more in the future. It may be true to a point, but it doesn't mean you deserve anything as an award!

Yes we are as many of us have no income at all...

And as Moonie says, they can always put aside £5 per week towards a season ticket. This debate with you is swings and roundabouts, you continue to contradict yourself and YOU'RE so full of shit. You would make a good politician.

This will no doubt sound narrow minded to you, but here goes.... GET A FKIN JOB THEN! If lifes so hard for you and money is so tight, work Saturdays and sack the idea of football off whilst at Uni.

Its called prioritising?

This will no doubt sound narrow minded to you, but here goes.... GET A FKIN JOB THEN! If lifes so hard for you and money is so tight, work Saturdays and sack the idea of football off whilst at Uni.

Its called prioritising?

You're very patronising aren't you?! Please go out and get laid.

Its not being narrow minded. The fact is a lot of you think going to Uni will enable you to earn more in the future. It may be true to a point, but it doesn't mean you deserve anything as an award!

Yes it is being narrow minded, you are stereotyping yet again. I am going to university to enhance my chances of having a successful career in the future whereas several people I know are doing mickey-mouse courses and wasting away but again you put both in the same boat... I really do give up with you. You are nothing but a loser and people like you are the ones dragging society down with uneducated, narrow minded, extreme and ignorant opinions with a lack of flexibility and thought about other ideas/opinions that may also have some credibility.

Archived