Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

I understand what you say 21st but don't the club also owe the full paying ticket holders equality ? Don't we have the right to say to the club, people are cheating and paying less than me what are you going to do about it ? The acceptance of cheating paying the price that everyone else has to is the road to anarchy.

Personally I don'y give a monkeys about any students future allegiance to the club it is all hypothetical and has no bearing on the issue being discussed now. If they are true fans they will come back when they can afford it like everyone else.

If someone said to you "do you want a ticket for next season, half price nudge nudge" What would you say?

Can I assume from the lack of substance in this dire excuse of a response that you acknowledge the truth in everything that I have said?

Tell you what you can assume , some sort of personal responsibility when it comes to paying for your own leisure activities .

And what exactly is wrong with asking your dad to pay for you ? it's what responsible parents do to help their own kids if they can't afford things they really want and it would allow him to continue going to the games , think of him for a change instead of your self.

What do your banal remarks have to do with humour? If your paltry contributions are entirely bereft of one thing it's humour. Do you not see the difference between what you are writing and what other people on this thread have written? If you don't have a point about this topic, why must you insist on having your mundane and outdated jokes about "getting laid" and "having too much spare time" read by the people who do?

Erm because it's true ? :D :D :D :D :D

If someone said to you "do you want a ticket for next season, half price nudge nudge" What would you say?

I would ask if it was a Monty Python sketch.

I understand what you say 21st but don't the club also owe the full paying ticket holders equality ? Don't we have the right to say to the club, people are cheating and paying less than me what are you going to do about it ? The acceptance of cheating paying the price that everyone else has to is the road to anarchy.

Personally I don'y give a monkeys about any students future allegiance to the club it is all hypothetical and has no bearing on the issue being discussed now. If they are true fans they will come back when they can afford it like everyone else.

You have indirectly answered one of my previous questions (you haven't addressed anything I have said directly for some reason). You believe that the honest majority ought to pay for the actions of a dishonest few. Presumably you feel passionately about scrapping the senior concession too? And the child ones for the same reason?

Personally I don'y give a monkeys about any students future allegiance to the club...

Are these what you consider to be the words of a "true fan"?

In any case, you have argued against a point nobody has really made. In fact, most here acknowledge that students will likely earn more once they graduate and will pay full price at that time. "Once they can afford it" is precisely the concept many of us have been relying on in our arguments in favour of student concessions.

EDITED: spelling

You have indirectly answered one of my previous questions (you haven't addressed anything I have said directly for some reason). You believe that the honest majority ought to pay for the actions of a dishonest few. Presumably you feel passionately about scrapping the senior concession too? And the child ones for the same reason?

Are these what you consider to be the words of a "true fan"?

In any case, you have argued against a point nobody has really made. In fact, most here acknowledge that students will likely earn more once they graduate and will pay full price at that time. "Once they can afford it" is precisely the concept many of us have been relying on in our arguments in favour of student concessions.

EDITED: spelling

what happens when the club have been given the students the concession then once they graduate they take there degree and move off to work elsewhere.. and a lot of people come to Leicester for the uni then go back to where they live after. so we give them cheap tickets to whilst there here then there off again. thats fair on all those that live here/support city outright/pay full etc hey..

I notice you cut off the hypothetical after future allegiance to the club , Was that an attempt to tamper with the content or did you not understand what hypothetical meant ?

I still don't get why you are incapable of understanding the game is up , you are no longer going to watch city on the cheap end of.

No amount of ill thought plastic intellectual clap trap is going to change that.

Anyway shouldn't you be studying for one of the modern day dumb down degrees in shelf stacking ?

what happens when the club have been given the students the concession then once they graduate they take there degree and move off to work elsewhere.. and a lot of people come to Leicester for the uni then go back to where they live after. so we give them cheap tickets to whilst there here then there off again. thats fair on all those that live here/support city outright/pay full etc hey..

Well support for a football team is (with a few exceptions) generally based on the geographical area in which you are brought up, not which one you happen to find yourself at any given time. I'd wager the value of a full-price season ticket on the number of people who fit into the category you mention being extremely low. I am from Leicestershire, for example, and go to the University of Derby. I live in Derby all year round. However, I didn't suddenly start watching Derby just because I moved here; I travel every home game to watch Leicester. In fact, I purposely chose Derby because of how close it was to Leicester, knowing that I still wanted to watch them.

What do your banal remarks have to do with humour? If your paltry contributions are entirely bereft of one thing it's humour. Do you not see the difference between what you are writing and what other people on this thread have written? If you don't have a point about this topic, why must you insist on having your mundane and outdated jokes about "getting laid" and "having too much spare time" read by the people who do?

You really think you are something special dont you,i am sick of listening to you poor students going on and on how hard done by you are, like ive said before in life if you cant afford things you go without.

Its not just students that have to live on low money there are 1000s of others that have too and some have families to support,so i will leave you to keep writing your essays and showing everyone what a clever boy you are because to be honest you are just boring and if going to uni and turning out to be a stuck up little ____ like you i would rather be thick BYE BYE

I notice you cut off the hypothetical after future allegiance to the club , Was that an attempt to tamper with the content or did you not understand what hypothetical meant ?

I still don't get why you are incapable of understanding the game is up , you are no longer going to watch city on the cheap end of.

No amount of ill thought plastic intellectual clap trap is going to change that.

Anyway shouldn't you be studying for one of the modern day dumb down degrees in shelf stacking ?

Your intellectual dishonesty knows no bounds. I have addressed every single one of your "points" individually on several occasions. You have consistently failed to address any of mine. All you can muster up are these boring attempts at insulting me; a sign that you have no counter-argument.

Here is that paragraph in its entirety:

How does the bit immediately after the sentence highlighted in bold make any difference to what you've said? It still means exactly the same thing, whether it is followed by more drivel or not.

Will you bother addressing anything I have said directly? You haven't once responded to any point I have made.

And your jibe about my degree is more offensive to supermarket workers than it is to me. Working in a supermarket is a worthwhile job with a lot of prospects. You exude a horrible form of snobbery without really having any justification for your arrogance. I have been in and out of manual jobs my whole working life; your insults say more about you than they do about me.

You really think you are something special dont you,i am sick of listening to you poor students going on and on how hard done by you are, like ive said before in life if you cant afford things you go without.

Its not just students that have to live on low money there are 1000s of others that have too and some have families to support,so i will leave you to keep writing your essays and showing everyone what a clever boy you are because to be honest you are just boring and if going to uni and turning out to be a stuck up little ____ like you i would rather be thick BYE BYE

You entered into an adult conversation and found yourself ill equipped to join in. At least this post had some discernible relevance to the actual discussion, even if the facile points you had a go at raising were addressed 10 pages ago.

Tell you what you can assume , some sort of personal responsibility when it comes to paying for your own leisure activities .

And what exactly is wrong with asking your dad to pay for you ? it's what responsible parents do to help their own kids if they can't afford things they really want and it would allow him to continue going to the games , think of him for a change instead of your self.

Missed this. What makes you think my father has £400 to spend on me having a season ticket? Do you even read what you write before you press "Post"? Your last sentence is a direct contradiction to everything else in the post. You say I should ask my father to pay £400 for my own ticket, and in the same breath instruct me to have his best interests at heart? Surely those two things are mutually exclusive and in direct contradiction with each other?

You entered into an adult conversation and found yourself ill equipped to join in. At least this post had some discernible relevance to the actual discussion, even if the facile points you had a go at raising were addressed 10 pages ago.

oh an adult conversation, surprised your not trying to claim a concession for that

Missed this. What makes you think my father has £400 to spend on me having a season ticket? Do you even read what you write before you press "Post"? Your last sentence is a direct contradiction to everything else in the post. You say I should ask my father to pay £400 for my own ticket, and in the same breath instruct me to have his best interests at heart? Surely those two things are mutually exclusive and in direct contradiction with each other?

Oh Christ are you still on here ? Look Sony your not even clever enough to know when your being had. You just can't help yourself can you , don't you see the hooks in the meat ? I feel like the cat that's had enough playing with a dead mouse.

Well I don't know, student baiting ain't wot it used to be. Once upon a time it was a gentleman's game where you could at least expect a spirited come back or two from the tax dodgers, but instead we have monosyllabic Herbert's like you.

Now put a sock in it and get up to bed. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh Christ are you still on here ? Look Sony your not even clever enough to know when your being had. You just can't help yourself can you , don't you see the hooks in the meat ? I feel like the cat that's had enough playing with a dead mouse.

Well I don't know, student baiting ain't wot it used to be. Once upon a time it was a gentleman's game where you could at least expect a spirited come back or two from the tax dodgers, but instead we have monosyllabic Herbert's like you.

Now put a sock in it and get up to bed. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Translation: "I concede".

Any independent observer (and most biased ones too) would know that this lame effort is the last act of an intellectually bankrupt man who has exhausted his already scant supply of arguments about something he knows little about. You mentioned Monty Python earlier; you are the forum equivalent of the Black Knight, maintaining that you are approaching victory despite becoming increasingly more incapable of doing so.

boring shit...... not a student in the forces i pay full price and have my own out goings to pay at the same time, ur choice to study so man up and deal with it!

Yea but don't you realise that these students have it tough? They're expected to be up at 8am you know in time for lessons! The future heroes of our country should be getting an easy ride at this vital stage of their life

Translation: "I concede".

Any independent observer (and most biased ones too) would know that this lame effort is the last act of an intellectually bankrupt man who has exhausted his already scant supply of arguments about something he knows little about. You mentioned Monty Python earlier; you are the forum equivalent of the Black Knight, maintaining that you are approaching victory despite becoming increasingly more incapable of doing so.

Well I never your a translator too ! is there no end to your talents ?

As for independent observers , have you noticed that your tax dodging mate has gone off with his tail between his legs while the rest of the observers keep taking the piss out of you ?

As for the Black knight analogy you seem completely oblivious to the fact it is you who is refusing to concede defeat, so let me spell it out for you once again YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE.

Tell me do they still teach logic as a core subject at University because I am at a loss as to where yours is.

The whole subject matter of the thread is that student concessions are at an end and yet you come on here day after day bleating and whining as if that is going to change anything , not very logical is it ?

God knows how you got into university the entrance exams must be at an all time low. Now go and do some studying ( Lord knows you need it ) then come back when you can afford to pay just like the rest of us. :D :D :D :D :D

As for independent observers , have you noticed that your tax dodging mate has gone off with his tail between his legs while the rest of the observers keep taking the piss out of you ?

As for the Black knight analogy you seem completely oblivious to the fact it is you who is refusing to concede defeat, so let me spell it out for you once again YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE.

Tell me do they still teach logic as a core subject at University because I am at a loss as to where yours is.

The whole subject matter of the thread is that student concessions are at an end and yet you come on here day after day bleating and whining as if that is going to change anything , not very logical is it ?

God knows how you got into university the entrance exams must be at an all time low. Now go and do some studying ( Lord knows you need it ) then come back when you can afford to pay just like the rest of us. :D :D :D :D :D

:appl:

Nope, just didn't want to wate my time on a thick shit like yourself. Tax dodging? Would you like to explain how students do this then? Probably not seen as though you never answer any questions directly.

There is no chance you'll ever get near the 40% tax rate yourself so stop talking shite.

You're playing with words. The "victory" you are referring to exists between me and the club, i.e I have to accept "defeat" when it comes to ticket prices. I think you already knew that the "victory" I was referring to was the one in this discussion, between you and me. You are being disingenuous.

You talk about logic as if you are its main exponent. Your posts are littered with logical fallacies and nonsense arguments which aren't even internally logical.

The "subject matter" as you call it is about the suitability of the new pricing system. Presumably you believe in the infallibility of establishments and enterprises because you find the idea of questioning the new rule so strange. You're welcome to that one-dimensional approach, but other people see things in greater detail than you do (probably in greater detail than you are able to).

Once again, I don't think any honest observer could say that you have even looked like making a valid point on this subject. I have been embarrassed as you've used every fallacious technique going, flailed desperately for an insult or jibe to drag you out of your logical abyss, and then had the blissful ignorance to believe and claim that you are the one who has come out on top.

Even now, what are you going to say that is on topic? You still haven't responded to the points I made earlier about tax contributions, senior tickets vs student tickets, long-term economic goals, widening the range of potential consumers, increasing the appeal of the stadium. You could barely muster a few off-topic ramblings. So go on, what have you got to say that's about the actual content of the discussion? From this post and others it appears that you ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Nope, just didn't want to wate my time on a thick shit like yourself. Tax dodging? Would you like to explain how students do this then? Probably not seen as though you never answer any questions directly.

There is no chance you'll ever get near the 40% tax rate yourself so stop talking shite.

You don't know the difference between " wait and waste " and you are calling me a thick shit ! lol lol lol lol lol lol

You don't know the difference between " wait and waste " and you are calling me a thick shit ! lol lol lol lol lol lol

ermm, there is an 's' missing, good comeback.

and yet again, you refuse to answer the questions i asked. Maybe it's not your fault, you don't know what tax means? 'Dodging' quite a long word for you?

Answer my question.

I can understand students being pissed off after having such a good discount and then going to nothing but some of the accusations against them are wrong.

Tax evaders - how can they possibly be with all the beer they drink.

Archived