Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

You're playing with words. The "victory" you are referring to exists between me and the club, i.e I have to accept "defeat" when it comes to ticket prices. I think you already knew that the "victory" I was referring to was the one in this discussion, between you and me. You are being disingenuous.

You talk about logic as if you are its main exponent. Your posts are littered with logical fallacies and nonsense arguments which aren't even internally logical.

The "subject matter" as you call it is about the suitability of the new pricing system. Presumably you believe in the infallibility of establishments and enterprises because you find the idea of questioning the new rule so strange. You're welcome to that one-dimensional approach, but other people see things in greater detail than you do (probably in greater detail than you are able to).

Once again, I don't think any honest observer could say that you have even looked like making a valid point on this subject. I have been embarrassed as you've used every fallacious technique going, flailed desperately for an insult or jibe to drag you out of your logical abyss, and then had the blissful ignorance to believe and claim that you are the one who has come out on top.

Even now, what are you going to say that is on topic? You still haven't responded to the points I made earlier about tax contributions, senior tickets vs student tickets, long-term economic goals, widening the range of potential consumers, increasing the appeal of the stadium. You could barely muster a few off-topic ramblings. So go on, what have you got to say that's about the actual content of the discussion? From this post and others it appears that you ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Victory ? what on earth are you rambling on about . Your not even a contender just a very poor sparring partner.

You are obviously an exponent of the why use one word when you can use twenty. Do you look through the dictionary for elongated words to try to impress ? by the way the word you were looking for was failed not flailed unless you meant flailed around :D :D :D :D your as thick as your mate!

ermm, there is an 's' missing, good comeback.

and yet again, you refuse to answer the questions i asked. Maybe it's not your fault, you don't know what tax means? 'Dodging' quite a long word for you?

Answer my question.

Oh the irony of someone calling someone else thick then being hoisted on your own petard :D :D :D :D :D

Stitching up the soap dodgers was a bad move by the club in my opinion.

They have loads of free time to come on here and moan between orgies and snakebite and black drinking sessions.

Time for the club to offer an olive branch.

After all, it's only a few hundred tickets.

Stitching up the soap dodgers was a bad move by the club in my opinion.

They have loads of free time to come on here and moan between orgies and snakebite and black drinking sessions.

Time for the club to offer an olive branch.

After it, it's only a few hundred tickets.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Yes that would be a kind gesture.At least we would have something to point at an have a laugh in stead of Steve Howard.

Victory ? what on earth are you rambling on about . Your not even a contender just a very poor sparring partner.

You are obviously an exponent of the why use one word when you can use twenty. Do you look through the dictionary for elongated words to try to impress ? by the way the word you were looking for was failed not flailed :D :D :D :D your as thick as mate!

'flail

verb

Wave or swing or cause to wave or swing wildly'

Even when you try to correct me you're wrong. Earlier you said my contributions were "monosyllabic", and now you say that I use unnecessarily long words. Even your off-topic jibes don't make sense.

Here are the posts you haven't managed to respond to yet:

http://www.foxestalk...40#entry2231680

http://www.foxestalk...s/page__st__360

In those I offer you a point-by-point rebuttal of virtually every point you have made in this thread. You haven't responded to any of them, in fact your terrible attempt at a reply was this:

http://www.foxestalk...80#entry2231945

One sentence asking whether my dad could pay for the tickets. And you act as if you have tied me up in knots. You are struggling to insult me, let alone make a valid point on the topic. Are you going to respond to the actual points or not?

EDITED: Aesthetics

Oh the irony of someone calling someone else thick then being hoisted on your own petard :D :D :D :D :D

What by making a typing error, not even a spelling error?

IN WHAT WAY ARE STUDENTS TAX DODGERS?

Hope that is clear enough for you?

What by making a typing error, not even a spelling error?

IN WHAT WAY ARE STUDENTS TAX DODGERS?

Hope that is clear enough for you?

Good luck with getting an answer. He has been presented with facts about the probability of higher tax contributions from students, not just on income tax but on purchases and investments. He has also refused to acknowledge that the minority he is part of costs billions to the tax-payer every year and use up far more in cash from tax-funded institutions than they will have contributed, making his tax-contribution argument a terrible one. He'll just keep saying the phrase "tax-dodgers" without referring to your actual points.

But my dear you keep on replying why is that if I am so useless and thick ? mind you I must confess I am rather enjoying myself.

Keep this up my chickadees and we will easily beat the Nicky Maynard thread by a mile.

Just a thought but have you ever thought of getting a job instead of wasting hours on here , you never know you may earn enough to by a proper ticket.

I work nights.

I haven't once said you were thick. I have no evidence to make any claims about your intelligence. You just have a terrible argument to begin with, and an awful debating technique with which to convey it. Doesn't mean you're thick; you are the one making jibes about my intelligence. Again, any independent observer would know who has resorted to ad hominems and who has remained on-topic and made valid points.

EDITED: spelling

Yea but don't you realise that these students have it tough? They're expected to be up at 8am you know in time for lessons! The future heroes of our country should be getting an easy ride at this vital stage of their life

oh r i forgot how much debt there in and trouble they have in the pub...... moaning about ticket prices is a joke they need to just crack on, they made the choice to be a student and shouldnt expect cheaper prices its a joke!!

Keep this up my chickadees and we will easily beat the Nicky Maynard thread by a mile.

Just a thought but have you ever thought of getting a job instead of wasting hours on here , you never know you may earn enough to by a proper ticket.

I USED to be a student flowwolf. I used it as an opportunity to broaden my horizons and gain additional qualifications. Do I still get tarred with the "Tax Dodger" brush? I'm just wondering at what point I become less of a menace to society.

Pretty much of end of debate. Flowwolf you entered this conversation believing you had valid points. Several people have revealed most of what you said to be either logically invalid or completely without evidence. You've since pretended that all along you were merely toying with readers and weren't taking it seriously. You've tried to compete, failed, and now you're making cringe-worthy attempts to keep a bit of your dignity by saying that you were having fun just playing around with people (despite having your proverbial ass handed to you several times).

Pretty much of end of debate. Flowwolf you entered this conversation believing you had valid points. Several people have revealed most of what you said to be either logically invalid or completely without evidence. You've since pretended that all along you were merely toying with readers and weren't taking it seriously. You've tried to compete, failed, and now you're making cringe-worthy attempts to keep a bit of your dignity by saying that you were having fun just playing around with people (despite having your proverbial ass handed to you several times).

:chant::scarf::trumpet::appl::yahoo::celebrate:

Guys, it's been fun reading the posts on this thread lol

If students are an investment in societies future then why does the UK have one of the worst fiscal deficits on the planet coupled with arguably unsustainable debt levels? I.e. all is not well with UK PLC as I'm sure we'd all agree?

Why hasn't the ongoing investment in education stopped this from happening?

If students are an investment in societies future then why does the UK have one of the worst fiscal deficits on the planet coupled with arguably unsustainable debt levels? I.e. all is not well with UK PLC as I'm sure we'd all agree?

Fookin' Wellens.

The role of education in the economy would be an interesting discussion, but what has it got to do with this? I haven't at all said that students are "an investment in societies future". I don't even know what that means. It's an investment for the club, the organisation who makes the decision on concessionary rates. Unless you have managed to piece together some causal link from student concessions at LCFC to the country's financial problems, I don't get what your point is.

The role of education in the economy would be an interesting discussion, but what has it got to do with this? I haven't at all said that students are "an investment in societies future". I don't even know what that means. It's an investment for the club, the organisation who makes the decision on concessionary rates. Unless you have managed to piece together some causal link from student concessions at LCFC to the country's financial problems, I don't get what your point is.

The causal link is that people educated by the university system have created the financial environment in which the club needs to discontinue the student discount

The causal link is that people educated by the university system have created the financial environment in which the club needs to discontinue the student discount

The financial situation in this country has nothing to do with why the club discontinued the student discount. They have not raised prices because of the poor economic situation; correct me and explain if I'm wrong?

Archived