Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

Atleast you'll know for next year, thats how the pricing structure works....

Yeah, so next year I won't have anything to complain about apart from the general ridiculous prices everyone is paying (which I completely disagree with too).

Put it this way. If everyone else' season ticket went up, but yours remained the same price, would you be happy about it? And before you answer think about the fact that leicester city is a club and that all members, from whatever walk of life, have to pay for the privalage of being part of that club.

No, it would be completely unfair. I'd feel lucky, but it would be unjust, ticket price increases should (in my opinion) be applied as a percentage across the board (e.g. everyones ST goes up by 5%).

Yeah, so next year I won't have anything to complain about apart from the general ridiculous prices everyone is paying (which I completely disagree with too).

No, it would be completely unfair. I'd feel lucky, but it would be unjust, ticket price increases should (in my opinion) be applied as a percentage across the board (e.g. everyones ST goes up by 5%).

So imagine how everyone else felt a couple of years ago when student season tickets were set at such a low rate!

So imagine how everyone else felt a couple of years ago when student season tickets were set at such a low rate!

I'm not arguing against that! When they were set at that rate, people should have come on here and complained about it THEN. Instead, they've waited until us students have something to genuinely be annoyed about, and said 'good riddance, you students are all lazy anyway, the world owes you nothing, you have no life experience, you all shouldn't go to uni, you're all tax dodgers etc. etc. etc.'! It's unfair and we shouldn't have to hear it!

I'm not arguing against that! When they were set at that rate, people should have come on here and complained about it THEN. Instead, they've waited until us students have something to genuinely be annoyed about, and said 'good riddance, you students are all lazy anyway, the world owes you nothing, you have no life experience, you all shouldn't go to uni, you're all tax dodgers etc. etc. etc.'! It's unfair and we shouldn't have to hear it!

Well i've not said that, i didn't complain either, because i thought that if prices are going up then the powers that be are putting the prices up for the good of the club and that seems to be the case. New managers, new players new tv screens etc. How far do think your extra 150 quid, or whatever it is, actually goes when one of those screens cost about 100 grand and a new pitch costs the same. And do you think it fair that you were actually paying the same as my 12 year old son for a season ticket.

Well i've not said that, i didn't complain either, because i thought that if prices are going up then the powers that be are putting the prices up for the good of the club and that seems to be the case. New managers, new players new tv screens etc. How far do think your extra 150 quid, or whatever it is, actually goes when one of those screens cost about 100 grand and a new pitch costs the same. And do you think it fair that you were actually paying the same as my 12 year old son for a season ticket.

Well there have been a large number who have all being saying things to that effect (not you, granted). It's a different question certainly. My season ticket was £210 I believe, maybe a bit more. Firstly, I think that's an obscene price for your 12 year old son to have to pay. But to answer your question- no I don't think, in terms of equality, it's fair in those terms. I actually disagree with the U18/Student price bracket; while I do agree with student STs I think it should be positioned between U18 and U22s ticket prices. The reason I believe they should have student STs is just economics, it makes more sense for them to offer student tickets financially then not to. I would explain myself better but I've got an essay to be getting on with.

Well there have been a large number who have all being saying things to that effect (not you, granted). It's a different question certainly. My season ticket was £210 I believe, maybe a bit more. Firstly, I think that's an obscene price for your 12 year old son to have to pay. But to answer your question- no I don't think, in terms of equality, it's fair in those terms. I actually disagree with the U18/Student price bracket; while I do agree with student STs I think it should be positioned between U18 and U22s ticket prices. The reason I believe they should have student STs is just economics, it makes more sense for them to offer student tickets financially then not to. I would explain myself better but I've got an essay to be getting on with.

Thinking about it i now, i think there should be 4 price brackets, up to 16 year olds, 16 to 22 years old. 22 to oaps and oaps, and the price should be set on the ability to pay. In other words, under sixteens are normally funded by their parents and have no abilty to pay, 16 to 22 years olds are normally on low wages but have made life choices and should be able to accept that some are going to have to give up things if they can't afford it etc. However what if someone had supported leicester for years and was unfortuneate enough to lose their job! What then?

Thinking about it i now, i think there should be 4 price brackets, up to 16 year olds, 16 to 22 years old. 22 to oaps and oaps, and the price should be set on the ability to pay. In other words, under sixteens are normally funded by their parents and have no abilty to pay, 16 to 22 years olds are normally on low wages but have made life choices and should be able to accept that some are going to have to give up things if they can't afford it etc. However what if someone had supported leicester for years and was unfortuneate enough to lose their job! What then?

I think you're right about the price being relative to ability to pay. This should always be the case. With your last question, you'd like to think that a lifetime of support would count for something, but brand loyalty (or club loyalty in this sense) seems to mean nothing to businesses in this day and age.

my 2 pence, being a student is a choice, being over 60 etc is not. Being a working youth and paying tax, against a student with possible grants and loans,..... neither benefits.......giving a discount to the young the club may see as a good one.

What an utter condescending arrogant post. So you have no problem with people deciding to be working class do you ? and you know some lovely working class people as well, that's big of you. You typify the stereo image " working class " people have of students. The know it all I'm better than you attitude .

Of course I see right through your posts , as a wind up merchant your not bad , but if you really are a student then you are doing yourself and your brethren no good , you are just reinforcing the stereo type.

Ps carry on your making even me seem popular ! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm not a WUM. However, to know that I'm winding you up is somewhat satisfying.

That apparent 'know it all attitude' is no fault of mine. That is not what I have conveyed. It is simply your perception of my argument. So thanks, my lovable old racist foxestalk buddy!

I've resisted correcting your beyond retarded errors to date, but seeing as you've been so sharp to criticise others: Stereotype is one word. And for goodness sake can you get to grips with the difference between your and you're? Someone with a degree at 'the university of LIFE' ought to be grammatically correct to the point of what is common knowledge if they are to be such condescending twonks towards those with actual accreditation of their achievements. You've been around long enough to learn this simple stuff, right?

P.S Do you look or speak like Albert Steptoe? I read your posts in his voice.

Your know it all attitude has been picked up by several posters if you actually care to read others ( I'm sure you read your own over and over again while getting a hard on at your sheer genius )

As for winding me up :D :D :D :D you don't come even close.

When have I trotted out that old cliche " university of life" ? again you must pay more attention and read others posts.

And finally I did not go to university. I spent those valuable years working hard and building up my own business ( no degrees needed) And guess what it is so successful I employ a secretary to do my typing, grammar and spelling for me.( she went to university )

And you do what little lord Fauntleroy ?

Why are students tax dodgers again?

Why aren't you at home studying again ?

At this rate you will fail all your exams and kiss your arse goodbye to that life of affluence and luxury you have promised yourself.

Well after reading through some of this it's nice to see narrow minded people who think students are all the same. That said there's a few students acting like pretentious tossers.

Some of the arguments in here are ridiculous the supposed older and wiser probably being far more childish, oh this forum does make me laugh some days

Your know it all attitude has been picked up by several posters if you actually care to read others ( I'm sure you read your own over and over again while getting a hard on at your sheer genius )

As for winding me up :D :D :D :D you don't come even close.

When have I trotted out that old cliche " university of life" ? again you must pay more attention and read others posts.

And finally I did not go to university. I spent those valuable years working hard and building up my own business ( no degrees needed) And guess what it is so successful I employ a secretary to do my typing, grammar and spelling for me.( she went to university )

And you do what little lord Fauntleroy ?

Have you not withered away yet, Albert?

There is no such thing as a 'know it all attitude'. If my posts have indicated to you that I might know it all, that can only compliment the way that I argued my point.

It's just about the only cliché you haven't blindly rolled off. It's surely stuffed up your sleeve somewhere.

Congrats on your alleged successful business. Who's being arrogant now? Though I doubt your secretary planned on being a secretary when she enrolled at university, aren't you thankful that you have an educated person to carry out your communications? You'd be pretty useless without it. However, you seem to make the implication that at University we are taught to type with accurate grammar and that that's something you need not worry about as you didn't go to uni. This is very basic stuff we're talking about and I can assure you it is not something I am covering in my revision notes! lol

Archived