Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

Guest MattP

I blame Labour, they wanted everyone going to University thinking they were a genius and created a situation where about 50% were going at one point, ridiculous. Half of them come out thinking they know it all when they know absolutely fcuk all.

If the degree is one from the top 10-15 or a first we'll look at it, if not I couldnt give a fcuk if its on the CV or not.

I blame Labour, they wanted everyone going to University thinking they were a genius and created a situation where about 50% were going at one point, ridiculous. Half of them come out thinking they know it all when they know absolutely fcuk all.

If the degree is one from the top 10-15 or a first we'll look at it, if not I couldnt give a fcuk if its on the CV or not.

Students who go to University on average earn £100K more in their life time than those who don't.

Students who go to University on average earn £100K more in their life time than those who don't.

But to be fair, that figure, by it's nature, works on long term data and isn't really going to take account of the recent influx of graduates into the workplace.

That can't be a correct figure. So after graduating, and for the best part of 45 years of working life I'll earn on average £2,500 per year more than someone without a degree???

That's rubbish. Plus I pay £450 per month back to my student loan. fiscally, I'd want to earn a shed load more than £100k extra over my working life for having a degree.

That can't be a correct figure. So after graduating, and for the best part of 45 years of working life I'll earn on average £2,500 per year more than someone without a degree???

That's rubbish. Plus I pay £450 per month back to my student loan. fiscally, I'd want to earn a shed load more than £100k extra over my working life for having a degree.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=students%20who%20go%20to%20university%20earn%20more%20than%20those%20who%20don't&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.channel4.com%2Ffactcheck%2Fdo-graduates-earn-100000-more-than-non-graduates%2F3477&ei=3rKhT5X3J6qo4gSby6XJCA&usg=AFQjCNFxIye4aaxvTuDVbI3H9ktl4AKcbw

This supports my claim.

But to be fair, that figure, by it's nature, works on long term data and isn't really going to take account of the recent influx of graduates into the workplace.

Exactly, I was talking to the bloke in Subway today. He had to turn away a bloke with a Masters in engineering.

Labour fixed it so Uni students wern't part of the unemployment stats. Now it's all unraveling. Thats the problem with politians they all think short term (though I don't blame them.)

So basically:

Student objects to anti-student poster and makes the point that their post is grammatically embarrassing > Anti-student poster calls student arrogant before making equally self-righteous statement > Student defines the difference between the two and exposes weaknesses in arguments > Anti-student poster says 'oh well this is boring just pay for it', and rolls off ancient cliché's which smack of ignorance. ('Welcome to the real world'. 'The world doesn't owe you a living' etc. etc.)

Speaking of which. What is the real world? Working 9-5 and looking forward to a stop at the 'CHIPPEHHH' on the way home? I suppose us students are arrogant for wanting just a little more from life? The thing is, ignorant fools such as those evident in this thread have no concept of anything else but working class life. Anything else is alien and thus instantly falsified.

The same is true for racism. 'Huh? What? This person does not have white skin. Uhm... BAD PERSON!!' Flowwolf has conveyed a disgusting level of racism in his recent posts and I would like to raise the point that his posts ought to be reviewed and he should receive a just punishment from mods, unless, of course, that is what we are as a group of LCFC supporters? Perhaps racism is perfectly acceptable when you're a Leicester fan? From what I've heard in the stands I'd hardly be surprised.

It depends if I'm at work or not (something you probably have no experience of)

This quote, a fantastic piece of work written by lcfcstu, really sums the whole thing up for me. He was replying to the following by Father Ted:

People like you make me sick, really fvcking sick. You are the sort of person who goes on and on about 'ragheads' and 'immigrants stealing our jobs' but is so blinded, ignorant and thick to see any bigger picture or have a sense of self-civilisation or respect.

So, to summarise: If I have a job, fine. If not it is all the fault of immigrants. This ape-like cognition is hilarious. 'There is a problem. The problem is their fault. My head can now rest'. It is for this reason that we find this forum inundated by twonks scape-goating our players. They see that we have not gained promotion, and instantly somebody else must be at fault. No deep consideration is ever part of the equation.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I expect anything else. This is football. This is a football forum. Football is traditionally a working man's game. I suppose the only thing to say in conclusion is that your average football fan will do what the average football fan will do. You will follow your team and that will be the meat between the bread of a depressing job. It's a real shame that one social class should hold such a presence in a sport that I so adore. Especially as that class continues to peck my head at every available opportunity, as if it is their fvcking job to do so.

Ah well. That is the way of the world, and as somebody eluded to earlier; I guess somebody has to make people's KFC's for them. Thank god it isn't me.

(I don't actually believe in any god. It's just a popular phrase. In fact the whole religion thing bears some weight in this argument. The whole 'obeying to a higher power' and the notion of having a 'cross to bear' is the whole reason that Taylorism succeeded back in the day. I bloody hate religion. I couldn't disagree with it any more than I do. However, I am so, so pleased that it allowed a working class to do the sh*tty jobs. Please carry on doing so, and carry on watching the footy if you like. But please don't annoy me in the process.) .

You repay £450 a month on your student loan? lol

You're on a very decent whack!

So basically:

Student objects to anti-student poster and makes the point that their post is grammatically embarrassing > Anti-student poster calls student arrogant before making equally self-righteous statement > Student defines the difference between the two and exposes weaknesses in arguments > Anti-student poster says 'oh well this is boring just pay for it', and rolls off ancient cliché's which smack of ignorance. ('Welcome to the real world'. 'The world doesn't owe you a living' etc. etc.)

Speaking of which. What is the real world? Working 9-5 and looking forward to a stop at the 'CHIPPEHHH' on the way home? I suppose us students are arrogant for wanting just a little more from life? The thing is, ignorant fools such as those evident in this thread have no concept of anything else but working class life. Anything else is alien and thus instantly falsified.

The same is true for racism. 'Huh? What? This person does not have white skin. Uhm... BAD PERSON!!' Flowwolf has conveyed a disgusting level of racism in his recent posts and I would like to raise the point that his posts ought to be reviewed and he should receive a just punishment from mods, unless, of course, that is what we are as a group of LCFC supporters? Perhaps racism is perfectly acceptable when you're a Leicester fan? From what I've heard in the stands I'd hardly be surprised.

This quote, a fantastic piece of work written by lcfcstu, really sums the whole thing up for me. He was replying to the following by Father Ted:

So, to summarise: If I have a job, fine. If not it is all the fault of immigrants. This ape-like cognition is hilarious. 'There is a problem. The problem is their fault. My head can now rest'. It is for this reason that we find this forum inundated by twonks scape-goating our players. They see that we have not gained promotion, and instantly somebody else must be at fault. No deep consideration is ever part of the equation.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I expect anything else. This is football. This is a football forum. Football is traditionally a working man's game. I suppose the only thing to say in conclusion is that your average football fan will do what the average football fan will do. You will follow your team and that will be the meat between the bread of a depressing job. It's a real shame that one social class should hold such a presence in a sport that I so adore. Especially as that class continues to peck my head at every available opportunity, as if it is their fvcking job to do so.

Ah well. That is the way of the world, and as somebody eluded to earlier; I guess somebody has to make people's KFC's for them. Thank god it isn't me.

(I don't actually believe in any god. It's just a popular phrase. In fact the whole religion thing bears some weight in this argument. The whole 'obeying to a higher power' and the notion of having a 'cross to bear' is the whole reason that Taylorism succeeded back in the day. I bloody hate religion. I couldn't disagree with it any more than I do. However, I am so, so pleased that it allowed a working class to do the sh*tty jobs. Please carry on doing so, and carry on watching the footy if you like. But please don't annoy me in the process.) .

What on earth are you talking about? That Father Ted was talking completely out of his rear. I'd never ever mentioned immigrants in any of my posts, show do you deduce that my job comment was aimed at immigrants?

Similarly, Father Ted obviously didn't have a clue as to what context I made my 'raghead' comment. Had he known, he wouldn't have discredited himself so badly by completely fabricating 1. What I put and 2. The kind of person I am.

I want to thank the students, for bearing the brunt of the extra cash required for all the wonderful things the owners have in store for the stadium and match days.

Thanks all.

lol

So basically:

I would just like to say thank you for your thoughts on the matter. A little late maybe but better late than never.

You have single handed brought gravitas and a sense of humour to this thread and I for one will take on board each and every one of your pearls of wisdom.

It has been a long time since we had someone who could see an overall picture that the rest of us were obviously blind to , and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for teaching me the error of my ways.

I remain your humble servant flowwolf.

I would just like to say thank you for your thoughts on the matter. A little late maybe but better late than never.

You have single handed brought gravitas and a sense of humour to this thread and I for one will take on board each and every one of your pearls of wisdom.

It has been a long time since we had someone who could see an overall picture that the rest of us were obviously blind to , and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for teaching me the error of my ways.

I remain your humble servant flowwolf.

So........How are students tax dodgers?

So........How are students tax dodgers?

Is it because they spend years at university not paying tax making themselves mega clever, then get a job on a massive salary and because of the huge brain power, find a way of exposing every tax loophole under the sun and shift their money around the world via various investments therefore never paying tax and therefore being a tax dodger?

Just a theory.

I didnt go to Uni because I didnt get the grades so educationally I wont even pretend to be able to use twenty words when five will do, but what I will say is that there is no substitute for life experience and all of the students on here making their perfectly reasonable arguments with a little hint of the arrogance that comes with youth and inexperience will one day look back and say..........huh, those ****ing thick scumbags on foxestalk can shine my Bentley!

Good luck students. I hope life gives you everything you wish for. Especially a cut price season ticket.

Is it because they spend years at university not paying tax making themselves mega clever, then get a job on a massive salary and because of the huge brain power, find a way of exposing every tax loophole under the sun and shift their money around the world via various investments therefore never paying tax and therefore being a tax dodger?

Just a theory.

I didnt go to Uni because I didnt get the grades so educationally I wont even pretend to be able to use twenty words when five will do, but what I will say is that there is no substitute for life experience and all of the students on here making their perfectly reasonable arguments with a little hint of the arrogance that comes with youth and inexperience will one day look back and say..........huh, those ****ing thick scumbags on foxestalk can shine my Bentley!

Good luck students. I hope life gives you everything you wish for. Especially a cut price season ticket.

Your theory that Uni students become millionnaires, well I wish your theory was true.

I agree it should be based on age. if they did do the student discount again they should also do an armed forces discount, been a season ticket holder for 5 years now and the amount of games i make are getting smaller every year.

Archived