Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

What makes me laugh is all the bitter people on this thread. Just cause you pissed about at school and now hate the job you work in and wish you could do something else doesnt mean you have the right to pick on 18-22 year olds who actually gave a shit about getting qualifications.

You all come across as sad and pathetic and love to make it seem like students are piss poor scroungers because misguided opinions, when your too thick to realise that the people that you see on tv demonstrateing about student fees are the same people who demonstrate and protest at gypsies being removed from land aka Anarchists.

Don't pick on the youth of today trying to better themselves in education just because you ****ed up your lives, I feel sorry for you clearly digging out at students because deep down you know instead of being a **** at school you should have actually done some work.

*You're too thick*

You don't need a degree to be intelligent. (Whilst mine aren't outstanding, we can compare qualifications if you like. I certainly haven't got an A* in Drama or another equally pointless subject) I hate breaking the news to you but I'm very happy with my job. I work with a cracking bunch of lads, and have a cracking boss.

If you think you'll suceed in life purely to the fact that you may one day have a degree (you may even end up with one that will actually be useful to your working life) then you'll have to take a reality check sooner or later.

And if you class school as 'work' then god help you when you graduate

The 'it's their choice to go into further education' argument is stupid and doesn't wash with me.

Trying to get job without a degree or A level is virtually impossible.

Not quite sure how reinstating that discount is a bad thing. People come across as extremely bitter about it.

How about, if you still disagree, that Students get the ability to repay their season ticket over a longer period? Just a thought.

Those saying 'they'll be able to pay with their big money job with their fancy degree' are ignoring the fact that wages for students are as low as they've ever been.

Sorry, but I don't see the problem. The only people who suffer are the owners and even then I daresay they'll make more money with the discount as I can't imagine any student wanting to pay a 200 odd increase.

So whats the alternative to a student loan? The government set rates of £9,000 a year to earn a degree. How do you expect an 18 year old who has been at school their entire life and has only been legally allowed to work for 2 years to have saved up £27,000+ to pay for a degree which they have always been encouraged by the schooling system and the government to achieve?

Families can't afford to give their children £27,000 if they could do it, they probably would but they can't. Would you prefer to go back to the old system where intelligent teenagers from poorer background can't go to university because they haven't been from a privileged background? That's what used to happen and it was a constant cycle of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

If they have real intelligence they will find away to subsidise their own education. Every thing in life has to be paid for including education. You do not have some God given right to a free education after leaving school. Even the ten thousand to get a degree is no guarantee of a job is it ? and aren't those poor intelligent teenagers from a poor background once educated then going to aspire to go on to a privileged background ? Of course they are or what would be the point ?

If they have real intelligence they will find away to subsidise their own education. Every thing in life has to be paid for including education. You do not have some God given right to a free education after leaving school. Even the ten thousand to get a degree is no guarantee of a job is it ? and aren't those poor intelligent teenagers from a poor background once educated then going to aspire to go on to a privileged background ? Of course they are or what would be the point ?

Subsidise their own education? I'm intrigued to hear how you think a 18 year old is able to find around £13k a year (at least) to go to university?

Am amazed at some of the comments in this thread; had expected a higher degree of outrage from Leicester fans as a whole, but I am at least glad that the students are letting the club know how disappointed they are.

I am 23 years old and a student and as such my ticket price goes up from £130 this season to £399 for next season. Needless to say such a sharp increase is not easy to absorb into a budget which is already mightily stretched.

I have been a ST holder (yawn) along with several other family members since I was old enough to remember. Now none of us are renewing because they have decided on principle that if I can't go then nobody can.

For a club whose rarely-atmospheric stadium has 10,000 empty seats every week is this really a suitable strategy?

I can only imagine they've got rid of the student price because it was too easy to lie about. I got myself a season ticket as a student last year (I was a student at the time) even though I knew I'd be in full-time employment by the time the season began. It wasn't hard to find university headed paper online or to make a lecturer up. It's not as if they were phoning around the universities to check up.

That said the rise which would have to be absorbed by students aged 22 and above if they are to renew is silly. The club could have been a bit more sensible about it and offered student tickets only to current student season ticket holders, perhaps at a mark up of 50%-100% which would still represent decent value, as a one season only transitional offer. Instead they have pissed a lot of students off, which in a city with two universities and only one professional football club seems a bit daft.

On the wider point I'm all for students having their own, relatively cheap, season ticket price range. One thing the people opposed to this neglect to acknowledge is that graduates, on average, earn substantially more money than non-graduates. Attract them while they are students and they will be the ones buying the most expensive tickets in the future which adds more money to the club's coffers in the long run.

They shouldn't be putting any younger fans season ticket prices up they are the future. Its the oaps they should target to gain extra revenue. If they can afford it now, they can afford it next season and they get a guaranteed pension rise!

They shouldn't be putting any younger fans season ticket prices up they are the future. Its the oaps they should target to gain extra revenue. If they can afford it now, they can afford it next season and they get a guaranteed pension rise!

Your talking some shite tonight mate. Yes, lets target the OAPs, the ones who have worked hard all their life and are on limited budgets themselves, the ones who have supported city for probably around 50 years. They should be getting some of the cheapest tickets, and rightly so.

I'm a student and I think OAP's deserve a discount over students.

Your talking some shite tonight mate. Yes, lets target the OAPs, the ones who have worked hard all their life and are on limited budgets themselves, the ones who have supported city for probably around 50 years. They should be getting some of the cheapest tickets, and rightly so.

:appl:

But I can guarantee that pension rise is too small to pay for other things in life increasing above inflation and the low interest rate on savings. OAP's have worked all their life to get to this stage and deserve a little thanks and reward for that after all they successfully moved this country forward following a half century of war and lack of growth in the economy.

Having said that Students are the future of the football club, they are the future supporters and will have the families which will produce the next generation of fans. They are also more likely to try and create a noise whilst also following the team away from home so pricing them out is misjudged and not sensible. Having said that people working and not at uni would also deserve a dsicount as apart from them not running up debts in tuition fees they are worse off than students in my opinion.

So really the answer is to drop all prices, I havent got a problem with them but it would just help everyone out.

But I can guarantee that pension rise is too small to pay for other things in life increasing above inflation and the low interest rate on savings. OAP's have worked all their life to get to this stage and deserve a little thanks and reward for that after all they successfully moved this country forward following a half century of war and lack of growth in the economy.

Having said that Students are the future of the football club, they are the future supporters and will have the families which will produce the next generation of fans. They are also more likely to try and create a noise whilst also following the team away from home so pricing them out is misjudged and not sensible. Having said that people working and not at uni would also deserve a dsicount as apart from them not running up debts in tuition fees they are worse off than students in my opinion.

So really the answer is to drop all prices, I havent got a problem with them but it would just help everyone out.

Well the bloke who sits behind me is an oap and he told me he retired when he was 50 so he hasn't worked hard all his life has he

Well the bloke who sits behind me is an oap and he told me he retired when he was 50 so he hasn't worked hard all his life has he

Have you asked him what his occupation was? Does he have a large private pension?

Theres going to be exceptions to the rule, like there will be students who come from a well of background and so dont need to worry about the cost as much. Why shouldnt a 75 year old who retired at 65 get a discount so they can enjoy their latter life having worked for the majority of it whilst also supporting our club in that time.

I dont mind students getting a discount but their expectant manner and disregard for other sections of society is embarrasing.

Have you asked him what his occupation was? Does he have a large private pension?

Theres going to be exceptions to the rule, like there will be students who come from a well of background and so dont need to worry about the cost as much. Why shouldnt a 75 year old who retired at 65 get a discount so they can enjoy their latter life having worked for the majority of it whilst also supporting our club in that time.

I dont mind students getting a discount but their expectant manner and disregard for other sections of society is embarrasing.

But we are not talking about students morals, we are talking about a serious increase in the price of their season tickets and in my opinion an equal increase in prices for all fans would have been a lot fairer. My tickets gone up and so has my son and daughters, so in effect that's a threefold increase for me but even so it's nowhere near 280 quid that some students will have to pay extra

But we are not talking about students morals, we are talking about a serious increase in the price of their season tickets and in my opinion an equal increase in prices for all fans would have been a lot fairer. My tickets gone up and so has my son and daughters, so in effect that's a threefold increase for me but even so it's nowhere near 280 quid that some students will have to pay

I agree that it seems a high price for students compared to last year but I can understand why people dont care about studenst due to their attitude.

Now when i say this i am not having a go at all students but my brother in law works as a milkman (dont laugh) and every morning when he delivers milk in the town area he is met by students laying in the road cause thier that pissed, pinching his milk,abusing him cause he dare question it and this is most mornings now forgive me for saying this but if they can afford to do that most nights they can afford a fecking season ticket.

And before i get abuse i didnt say all students are like it ;)

There's a lot of nonsense on here about students having an 'attitude problem' as if they are some homogenous group wired in the the student hive mind. Anybody saying this is an idiot. Of course some students are arseholes. But then some people are arseholes.

'Loud' students have 'attitude problems'? Jesus fvck.

Well put it this way i've worked since the day I left school at 16 and am paying into my own pension (Because lets be honest when i'm older there probably ain't going to be a pension/retirement age) and the plan is for me to retire around 50/55 or atleast go part time around that age (Probably more that case tbh) and i'll have to work hard for that to happen, so maybe he has done the same?

Between 50 and 67 what has he lived on? Because he'd have no state pension between those years (Unless he was a Police officer or something) so must have had money behind him, where did he get that from? (Inheritance perhaps) Maybe working hard?

Whether that plan works out remains to be seen, at the moment it's going well i'd say though.

There's a lot of nonsense on here about students having an 'attitude problem' as if they are some homogenous group wired in the the student hive mind. Anybody saying this is an idiot. Of course some students are arseholes. But then some people are arseholes.

'Loud' students have 'attitude problems'? Jesus fvck.

It's a joke. You don't know if the quiet ones have attitude problems because you can't hear them

Archived