Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

Personally its a fvcking joke! 145£ my st cost last year and if I want the same seat it will be 400£ how do they expect me to afford an extra 250£ just because im 18 now? Which probably means I can't go next year unless I move to a worse view

Personally its a fvcking joke! 145£ my st cost last year and if I want the same seat it will be 400£ how do they expect me to afford an extra 250£ just because im 18 now? Which probably means I can't go next year unless I move to a worse view

Start selling the big issue.

What makes me laugh is all the bitter people on this thread. Just cause you pissed about at school and now hate the job you work in and wish you could do something else doesnt mean you have the right to pick on 18-22 year olds who actually gave a shit about getting qualifications.

You all come across as sad and pathetic and love to make it seem like students are piss poor scroungers because misguided opinions, when your too thick to realise that the people that you see on tv demonstrateing about student fees are the same people who demonstrate and protest at gypsies being removed from land aka Anarchists.

Don't pick on the youth of today trying to better themselves in education just because you ****ed up your lives, I feel sorry for you clearly digging out at students because deep down you know instead of being a **** at school you should have actually done some work.

What makes me laugh is all the bitter people on this thread. Just cause you pissed about at school and now hate the job you work in and wish you could do something else doesnt mean you have the right to pick on 18-22 year olds who actually gave a shit about getting qualifications.

You all come across as sad and pathetic and love to make it seem like students are piss poor scroungers because misguided opinions, when your too thick to realise that the people that you see on tv demonstrateing about student fees are the same people who demonstrate and protest at gypsies being removed from land aka Anarchists.

Don't pick on the youth of today trying to better themselves in education just because you ****ed up your lives, I feel sorry for you clearly digging out at students because deep down you know instead of being a **** at school you should have actually done some work.

lol so because people dont agree with the subsidy there automatically old, thick, and resentful with ****ed up lives..

So whats the alternative to a student loan? The government set rates of £9,000 a year to earn a degree. How do you expect an 18 year old who has been at school their entire life and has only been legally allowed to work for 2 years to have saved up £27,000+ to pay for a degree which they have always been encouraged by the schooling system and the government to achieve?

Families can't afford to give their children £27,000 if they could do it, they probably would but they can't. Would you prefer to go back to the old system where intelligent teenagers from poorer background can't go to university because they haven't been from a privileged background? That's what used to happen and it was a constant cycle of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Tough shit i'm afraid.

If you're a student, try getting a job at the weekends to pay your way through uni instead of going to the football.

Once you're degree'd up to your eyeballs and are earning nuff dollar, you wont give a **** how much season tickets cost.

Unless of course you do some dogshit course like Film Studies or some shit in which case you'll never earn enough to have to pay back the student loan that'll be handed to you.

GROW UP.

So whats the alternative to a student loan? The government set rates of £9,000 a year to earn a degree. How do you expect an 18 year old who has been at school their entire life and has only been legally allowed to work for 2 years to have saved up £27,000+ to pay for a degree which they have always been encouraged by the schooling system and the government to achieve?

Families can't afford to give their children £27,000 if they could do it, they probably would but they can't. Would you prefer to go back to the old system where intelligent teenagers from poorer background can't go to university because they haven't been from a privileged background? That's what used to happen and it was a constant cycle of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I thought this thread was about the abolition of student season ticket rates?

Tough shit i'm afraid.

If you're a student, try getting a job at the weekends to pay your way through uni instead of going to the football.

Once you're degree'd up to your eyeballs and are earning nuff dollar, you wont give a **** how much season tickets cost.

Unless of course you do some dogshit course like Film Studies or some shit in which case you'll never earn enough to have to pay back the student loan that'll be handed to you.

GROW UP.

Tough shit i'm afraid.

GROW UP.

This.

I'm 23, I don't get the Under-22 prices. Stop complaining about the price increase. When I was a student I had far much more money than I do now working full time (and I'm on a decent whack too). I had a part time job, student loan and maintenance grant. Why should you be special? It's a business. You want to watch the football, pay the price. If you don't, don't. Simple. I had a part time job which paid £70 a week. That was what paid for my ticket and beer money. I used to go out 4-5 nights a week. Now I'm lucky if it's twice a month. Pinching every penny whilst being a student? I don't think so. Getting wasted every night and eating take-away was my student life. And I got a 2.2 in Politics and History.

I'll add my two 'pennorth here. GingerFox states, "Families can't afford to give their children £27,000". Well, actually, they can. From the day our son was born, wife and I saved the Child benefit - or whatever it's called, along with other 'tax breaks' we got at the time. We're not rich by any means, just a normal working class family. But now, son has a pot of money that, once he has finished Uni, will easily pay off his grants. We made a lifestyle choce that, instead of pi55ing away the money on brand new cars and flash holidays, sky TV etc, we would save for our sons future. And, you know what, I'm glad we did. Plus, son has got himself a part-time job while he's away working in a nightclub until god knows what time in the mornings. So, instead of paying to go to the club and spend a shed load on booze, he still goes to the club, sees the bands, and gets payed for the privilige!

This.

I'm 23, I don't get the Under-22 prices. Stop complaining about the price increase. When I was a student I had far much more money than I do now working full time (and I'm on a decent whack too). I had a part time job, student loan and maintenance grant. Why should you be special? It's a business. You want to watch the football, pay the price. If you don't, don't. Simple. I had a part time job which paid £70 a week. That was what paid for my ticket and beer money. I used to go out 4-5 nights a week. Now I'm lucky if it's twice a month. Pinching every penny whilst being a student? I don't think so. Getting wasted every night and eating take-away was my student life. And I got a 2.2 in Politics and History.

Pretty much mirrors my opinion on the situation.

I worked my bollocks off during the summer to pay for my season tickets (with no 'student' discount) whilst I was a student. I also had a part time job which funded me travelling to home games and a few aways.

I was happy to take the odd 10% discount here and there with my NUS card, but no way did I expect my football club to give me over 50% discount on a season ticket. £6 a game lol

Those that are complaining about a ridiculous increase should think themselves lucky that they had such a ridiculous discount in the first place.

If that case you could just borrow the money and pay it off when you get a decent job, from what you saying that should'nt be a problem......

You were doing so well until you decided to big yourself up.....

Borrow the money? I'm already borrowing loads to get by. I'm not even sure I'd be given more from the bank. I wasn't bigging myself up. I was making the point that a large amount of students go to uni to get a job and that I am evidence of that.

reading that makes me agree even more students shouldnt be heavily discounted on everything..

one in your own words you seem to imply alot are doing degrees for the sake of it and the other clever boys like yourself will be able to differ payments till your earning these big bucks your destined to earn..

If it's an implication it's not in my own words, is it? Clever boy. You sound very bitter there. Don't worry, I'm sure you have friends on a similar intellectual level that won't judge you.

reading that makes me agree even more students shouldnt be heavily discounted on everything..

one in your own words you seem to imply alot are doing degrees for the sake of it and the other clever boys like yourself will be able to differ payments till your earning these big bucks your destined to earn..

:)

What really annoys me about this thread is that everyone who disagree has such a holier than thou attitude towards students it makes me sick.

Get a job, welcome to the real world, grow up blah blah blah who the feck are any of you to tell me any of those things.

The amount of sweeping generalisations about students is outrageous, as soon as you even mention the word student there's no end of people queuing up with a metaphorical baseball bat ready to abuse you as if you're scum of the earth for wanting to further your education and have the time of your life while you do it.

I could explain my situation but I don't need to justify my lifestyle choices to people on the internet who have nothing better to do than throw wild accusations about as if every single student in the land is just pissed all week and never puts in any effort.

What's worse is that most of you are judging from the outside and have never been students so you don't even know how many people have jobs or how hard everyone works or how hard up for money people might be. If this was a thread about people who have 9-5 jobs or apprentices or whoever, and just started ripping into them making sweeping statements about them when there will no doubt be examples of people who don't actually do much work, I'd get ripped into for being judgemental and even more so on a matter I don't actually know well enough to be commenting on.

You want to watch the football, pay the price. If you don't, don't.

This is the only relevant part of your post, we didn't need your life story. Students are peeved because 'the price' you refer to has doubled for some. They have a right to be angry, and to vent their feelings on here.

Borrow the money? I'm already borrowing loads to get by. I'm not even sure I'd be given more from the bank. I wasn't bigging myself up. I was making the point that a large amount of students go to uni to get a job and that I am evidence of that.

If it's an implication it's not in my own words, is it? Clever boy. You sound very bitter there. Don't worry, I'm sure you have friends on a similar intellectual level that won't judge you.

me bitter, im not the one having to big up my own life.. im very happy with mine thanks ;)

What really annoys me about this thread is that everyone who disagree has such a holier than thou attitude towards students it makes me sick.

Get a job, welcome to the real world, grow up blah blah blah who the feck are any of you to tell me any of those things.

The amount of sweeping generalisations about students is outrageous, as soon as you even mention the word student there's no end of people queuing up with a metaphorical baseball bat ready to abuse you as if you're scum of the earth for wanting to further your education and have the time of your life while you do it.

I could explain my situation but I don't need to justify my lifestyle choices to people on the internet who have nothing better to do than throw wild accusations about as if every single student in the land is just pissed all week and never puts in any effort.

What's worse is that most of you are judging from the outside and have never been students so you don't even know how many people have jobs or how hard everyone works or how hard up for money people might be. If this was a thread about people who have 9-5 jobs or apprentices or whoever, and just started ripping into them making sweeping statements about them when there will no doubt be examples of people who don't actually do much work, I'd get ripped into for being judgemental and even more so on a matter I don't actually know well enough to be commenting on.

same old story, people disagree with students and you cry out that the whole worlds against them.. if you actually look back ive said on numerous occasions that my 2 daughters are students. 1 is just about to graduate and the other is just about to start uni. am i going to abuse them ? do i think there scum ? i have said they both realised that if they wanted to do extra things they would need money so both got part time jobs. is that so bad to suggest?? are students that holier than thou that they shouldnt have to work to provide them some extra money ?

you say we make sweeping statements but what about all the ones that if we disagree we must be "bitter" "fked up our own lifes", "never been in that situation" blah blah blah.. goes generalising only come into play when its directed one way??

This is the only relevant part of your post, we didn't need your life story. Students are peeved because 'the price' you refer to has doubled for some. They have a right to be angry, and to vent their feelings on here.

Well maybe they can stop moaning, get themselves a job with the up coming summer and pay for the ticket at a price that is discounted for them if they're under 22. The club don't have to do it. They should be grateful that they're getting a discount at all.

me bitter, im not the one having to big up my own life.. im very happy with mine thanks ;)

This has nothing to do with me bigging up my life. I was making the point that my choice of university was directly influential in getting a job and so to just go to the nearest uni without considerations would be stupid.

oh no you got me, i made a grammar error, on the internet.. where im going to be judged now, by all those people that actually know me . my life must suck... :(

It's called a grammatical error, actually. And it isn't as if it was a typo. Your/You're. There/Their/They're. Learn the fvcking differences.

Would you prefer to go back to the old system where intelligent teenagers from poorer background can't go to university because they haven't been from a privileged background? That's what used to happen and it was a constant cycle of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I'd actually prefer to go back to an "elitist" form of Higher Education. One where students achieve a place at University through academic achievements as opposed to being able to go to university for achieving 2 d's at A level.

IF we went back to a system that was OPEN to everyone, but based on academic achievement, then maybe we would be able to supplement the education so that students don't have to rack up £40,000 of debt to earn a degree which ultimately is of relatively little value against the masses of other degree's in the employment market.

for me, Degree's for all, just water's down the impact of the achievement.

What makes me laugh is all the bitter people on this thread. Just cause you pissed about at school and now hate the job you work in and wish you could do something else doesnt mean you have the right to pick on 18-22 year olds who actually gave a shit about getting qualifications..

lol The education system did a good job of brainwashing you didn't they.

Some people yes, even yourself maybe need to go to uni to earn the qualifications they need in the career they choose, but not everyone, does that mean they've pissed about at school? Hate their job? Got shit or no qualifications worth looking at?

This. When i'm a student and at university i certainly will not be paying £400 a season ticket and £140 i hope instead (bar inflation)

Well if you were to buy it for y our under 18 brother and hypothetically use it. I doubt they would no :ph34r:

Also lol @ the anti-uni brigade.

OMG U DO FILM STUDIES, MIKEY MOUSE INIT ****ING DOLE WHRHAHGHHHAHRG, WHY ARE YOU DOING SOMETHING YOU ENJOY AND HAVE A PASSION FOR, FUKIN IDIOT.

Archived