Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Why do you hate Matt Mills?

I've just been speaking to a family friend (appearing on next weeks family fortune with Robbie savage).

He was in the commentary box on Saturday, sav was speaking to a member of the coaching staff, who was saying what we all thought.

If mills plays 1 more match then we have to pay another 1.5m.

He also said that far to many players came just for the money, which was a bit obvious really.

If that was true why would they put him on the bench for several games after he was dropped. And who has clauses for £1.5m for playing 26 or 32 games?!? It's a ridiculous amount for a ridiculous number of games.

Perhaps a more appropriate topic title would be:

How do you rate Matt Mills or maybe Why do you rate Matt Mills?

I've already posted before why I put the word 'hate'. Maybe it was the wrong word to use but whenever I saw the name Mills on the forum it was usually followed by **** or get him out the club. He was a hated man after the apparent clapping at the Reading game.

...and we are back round to NP bashing.

If it was about a clause in the contract NP wouldn't have put him on the bench when we didn't need to against Birmingham.

If there is a clause in the contract it could be for making more than 25 starts, but it seems unlikely, maybe it is based on number of minutes on the pitch, anybody got those stats?

Ultimately NP makes decisions for the good of the team, we were not exactly world beaters when we dropped Mills, and we haven't turned shit having done so, I am pretty confident we would have ended up in more or less the same position with Mills as without and based on Mills' reputation from Reading fans, his actions on the pitch and off it, and all the rumours and speculation there is only one logical conclusion:

Mills and NP are proper gay for each other, and are having a secret affair, Mills was going to go out on loan to make things easier, but pulled the plug at the last minute because he couldn't stand to be away from Nige. Nige would love to play him more but every time he gets undressed in the changing room he fears he might give in to his urges and they will end up doing it on the treatment table in front of everyone and that is a guaranteed way to lose the dressing room, just ask Steve Mclaren.

It's a question of who you would pick, the manager or the player. Look at it another way, would you choose Mancini or Tevez? Mourinho or Ronaldo? Dalglish or Suarez? Guardiola or Messi? As I don't know what really happened between Pearson and Mills, I don't think it's fair to say "I hate Matt Mills". He certainly isn't the worst defender at the club or in the league that's for sure. Otherwise, how did we even beat Southampton away this season, with Mills scoring?

Let's not forget this isn't the first time Pearson has had a bust-up with one of our own players. Considering that, I've reason to be highly suspicious of Pearson being the actual culprit. He can't make a good manager if he can't work with players he didn't sign.

First off, welcome!

It's a question of who you would pick, the manager or the player. Look at it another way, would you choose Mancini or Tevez? Mourinho or Ronaldo? Dalglish or Suarez? Guardiola or Messi?

I'm not sure if you're being serious with your examples. All the players you listed are world-class, and are all arguably the best players at their respective clubs. None of those are fair comparisons to Pearson or Mills, because those players are far more valuable to their clubs than Mills is to us.

As I don't know what really happened between Pearson and Mills, I don't think it's fair to say "I hate Matt Mills". He certainly isn't the worst defender at the club or in the league that's for sure.

I don't think Mills is a bad player, but I don't think he's our best defender. Even if he is, then there really isn't a lot in it, and when you consider the amount of money spent, and his wage packet, he certainly isn't worth it. Like Beckford, I think Mills is a very high maintenance player, and I don't think he's worth the hassle or the money.

Otherwise, how did we even beat Southampton away this season, with Mills scoring?

I don't understand. We beat Soton 2-0 away. If Mills hadn't scored, we would have won 1-0. I don't think pointing to individual matches is a good argument to keep him. Even if there was a match that Mills won for us single-handedly (there wasn't), there were plenty of matches when he hindered us. He was absolutely rubbish against Reading at home and Watford away. He was sent off twice in six weeks.

Let's not forget this isn't the first time Pearson has had a bust-up with one of our own players. Considering that, I've reason to be highly suspicious of Pearson being the actual culprit.

Are there really any other examples of bust-ups between a player and Pearson? Are there any at all that were detrimental to the team? I just dealt with this recently on this thread.

He can't make a good manager if he can't work with players he didn't sign.

This is rubbish. Danns, Beckford and St. Ledger all improved drastically after Pearson returned. Konchesky, Schmeichel, Bamba, Nugent and Peltier have all played about as well as they did for Sven. There are plenty of other examples when Pearson first joined us when we were relegated to the third tier and when he joined Hull. In fact, who, apart from Mills, has NP not been able to work with, who did any better for the manager who signed them?

210064_1.jpg

Dj-Campbell-Nottingham-Forest-v-Blackpool_2452403.jpg

DJ Campbell was signed by Allen (I think) and was shit in our relegation season, he couldn't get into our league 1 team so was sent out on loan. No big falling out, or being unable to manage him, he was shit when he signed for us, and didn't show any sign of improving for us, he was good for Blackpool but he never played like that for us under Allen, Megson, Holloway, Pearson or Sousa.

He just didn't fit in here.

MAG was signed as a youth product, he was great in League one, but didn't make the grade in our play off side, and was loaned back to a League 1 side, where he benefitted from first team football and improved as a player, there was no falling out, he would have been wasted here on the bench and was rightly allowed to leave on loan, it is a shame he didn't come back but he understandably wanted to drop down a league and play first team football.

Campbell was a part of promotion sides at both Birmingham and Blackpool. He had fitness problems during his first season with us, though his attitude didn't exactly endear him to fans either. But Holloway obviously saw something in him, and got the best out of him during his time at Bloomfield Road.

Gradel dropped out of Pearson's plans very soon after promotion from League 1, being replaced in the squad by a certain Paul Gallagher. He was allowed to leave for Leeds, initially on loan, but eventually for a price way below what Pearson paid for Gally, and months before we reached the playoffs. His impact in the Championship last season, under a manager who believed in him, was clear for all to see.

Campbell was a part of promotion sides at both Birmingham and Blackpool. He had fitness problems during his first season with us, though his attitude didn't exactly endear him to fans either. But Holloway obviously saw something in him, and got the best out of him during his time at Bloomfield Road.

Gradel dropped out of Pearson's plans very soon after promotion from League 1, being replaced in the squad by a certain Paul Gallagher. He was allowed to leave for Leeds, initially on loan, but eventually for a price way below what Pearson paid for Gally, and months before we reached the playoffs. His impact in the Championship last season, under a manager who believed in him, was clear for all to see.

You seem to be missing the point of Raw Dykes post, that there aren't any players at Leicester that performed better under another Leicester manager than they did under NP, i.e. he gets the best out of players.

Campbell was poor at Leicester under all of the people that managed him, singling out NP for that is pointless, yes he went on to do well at Blackpool, but it just didn't work at Leicester regardless of the manager.

Same with Gradel, he played his best football at Leicester under NP, he has gone on to improve, fantastic, shame it wasn't for us, but that has no bearing on NP, at the time he wasn't getting in the team because we had signed better players at that point, he was sent out on loan to get some more experience and when he came back he handed in a transfer request because he enjoyed himself at Leeds.

Trying to fit this with your anti NP agenda just doesn't work.

As for Raw Dykes orignal point that NP gets the best out of players, I would say that Peltier has gone backwards since Sven left, he was a good player in the first half of the season but seriously went off the boil when NP arrived.

You seem to be missing the point of Raw Dykes post, that there aren't any players at Leicester that performed better under another Leicester manager than they did under NP, i.e. he gets the best out of players.

Campbell was poor at Leicester under all of the people that managed him, singling out NP for that is pointless, yes he went on to do well at Blackpool, but it just didn't work at Leicester regardless of the manager.

Same with Gradel, he played his best football at Leicester under NP, he has gone on to improve, fantastic, shame it wasn't for us, but that has no bearing on NP, at the time he wasn't getting in the team because we had signed better players at that point, he was sent out on loan to get some more experience and when he came back he handed in a transfer request because he enjoyed himself at Leeds.

As for Raw Dykes orignal point that NP gets the best out of players, I would say that Peltier has gone backwards since Sven left, he was a good player in the first half of the season but seriously went off the boil when NP arrived.

I blame Matt Mills for the pro and anti NP agenda... Some blame him for nutting him others for not following up with a swift boot to the temple.

In a nutshell: Mills is a monster!

:thumbup: Thanks Cap Shrap (if you don't mind being called that)! You've saved me the bother of replying.

Peltier could be an example of a player who's done worse under Pearson than the manager who signed him. My point still remains, as Pelts is the exception to the rule. Nearly all the players NP inherits play about as well as they did for their former manager, if not better. All but one of Sven's signings have played about as well, or far better, for NP than they did for Sven.

Mill is a quality player, we are more solid with him in the team. He is better than the Pearson favourites he continued to play even after poor results. It is possible that Pearson is the problem, look at the players he's got rid off at the time we were short in midfield.

I hope it comes right in the end, but I thinks it's pearsons way or the highway and that a dictatorship and poor management.

Still looking forward to next year, got season ticket already

Mill is a quality player, we are more solid with him in the team. He is better than the Pearson favourites he continued to play even after poor results. It is possible that Pearson is the problem, look at the players he's got rid off at the time we were short in midfield.

I hope it comes right in the end, but I thinks it's pearsons way or the highway and that a dictatorship and poor management.

Still looking forward to next year, got season ticket already

Just name me one successful manager that takes crap from his players, if it is not Pearson's way then he is not doing his job as the manager. If he was the tyrant he is accused of here, why did Beckford not get taken out and shot after their argument at Peterborough, or SSL for daring to want to play more football.

Whatever it is Mills did, it clearly went beyond wanting first team football, not being happy at being dropped (SSL), and even beyond a public argument on the pitch and disobeying a direct order from NP (Beckford). Both of them started the last game of the season, not the actions of a bitter tyrant who holds grudges.

He has a line, everyone has a line, Mills crossed it and is paying the price, until we know what it he did, all we can go on is facts, and the facts are that SSL and Beckford have both publicly had a disagreement with NP, and still have a place in the team. Which to me suggests the problem was with Mills and not NP.

Surely getting rid is going to be tough, even if the Club do find a buyer for £1 to 2 million Mills is not going to want to sign a new contract with another team for £10,000 a week when he is currently rumoured to be getting round £35000+ with us. If he refuses to go then the Club will have no choice but to terminate his contact making him a free agent and meaning he will get a nice pay off anyway. He will walk into the Leeds dressing room a wealthy man with Neil Warnock and Ken Bates with big grins on their faces

I was sitting next to matt at the presentation evening on monday and for those asking why he left early, thats because he was ill. He was genuinely one if the nicest guys you can meet and I was joking and talking with him the whole night, hope this helps!

Well one things for sure we missed him didn't we!

Perhaps Mr P should have been a little more proffesional business wise and played him after all thats what he's paid for and in all honesty you cannot disagree he is a class player on the day, sad thing that the rest of the team didn't live up to their expectations at times too, once again we relied on the same few players every game. I spoke to Mills outside while signing autographs for everyone and he was the only player that stayed until all the fans had got thiers all the others signed a couple and rushed off (couldn't care less).

Seems to me Mr N P has the ego problem, and in my opinion he is not good enough to take us up full stop.

I am disillutioned with the whole club what with the increases in season tickets etc mine & the Missus tickets have risen £200 (in keith weller lounge) and i won't be renewing because its too much I will just choose which matches to go.

Should never have got rid of Sven BIG MISTAKE!

Dont slag me just my opinions thats all..........

I was sitting next to matt at the presentation evening on monday and for those asking why he left early, thats because he was ill. He was genuinely one if the nicest guys you can meet and I was joking and talking with him the whole night, hope this helps!

That old chestnut again!

We believe you Joseph *cough* sorry I mean Kirby Fox

Archived