Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Why do you hate Matt Mills?

I don't. Our defensive record when he's played was much better than what we've had.

Sure he's not played as we'd have like. Most fans have made him a scapegoat because of his transfer fee, when truth be told that had nothing to do with him.

that kinda reminds me of when Akinbiyi was here if Im honest.

Simpler times :)

I don't hate him, he just wasn't very good. People can trot out all the stats they like, but for me we hardly ever looked secure and often he was a big reason behind that. Having said that, I don't think any of our centre backs have been great. Morgan has been looking the best of the bunch of late for me.

If whatever rift there is gets fixed then I'd happily give the guy another chance. But with the money he is on the FFP coming in the club will want to try and get rid if they can.

I dont hate him either, never have.

Just think we can do better..... Granted the price tag never helped him and maybe we havent seen the best of him as he's clearly a decent defender but the guy has attitude issues. Bet he wishes he'd of turned our money down and stayed loyal to Reading!!! Alex Pearce played CB for them with Kaspar Gorkks so goes to show you dont need to spend 5m on a player to get up!

Its down to stylish management which NP can and will do

I don't hate him, and I think anyone who actually does really needs to get out more (unless they have personal experience of him).

He never looked captain material, not that Wellens or King do, I would be tempted to make Danns or Kasper captain next season, but I could see NP installing Morgan as vice-captain behind Wellens.

He was as inconsistent as anybody else, those that think he was significantly better than SSL, Morgan or Bamba are wrong, you could argue the toss, but none of them have been outstanding, and neither have they been awful.

Mills' price tag is one thing, but it was his decision making that for me made him a frustrating player to watch (he's not alone amongst the current squad in that respect). In the end he was awful in his last game against Watford and deserved to be dropped.

What happened after that is not clear, but all rumours suggest to him throwing his toys out the pram for being dropped. I know some people blame NP for this, but he has dropped almost every other player in the squad at some point, it was only Mills where it escalated into something more.

If Mills ever gets back into the team I will support him, and I won't boo him should he leave and face us with his new club, nor would I clap him. I think this needs to be resolved either way asap, there is no point having him hang around not knowing whether he is coming or going, in my opinion NP's priority number 1 should be to resolve the Mills issue, either transfer list him and sell him asap or wipe the slate clean and start again.

Agree with Bert,but have to say he looked VERY awkward at the supporters bash last week.Stood away form the rest and sprinted out at the end.First to leave by a mile!!!

Koncheskey was the first out, Mills was 2nd but they all left at the same time. I reckon he stood out the way because it got so crowded round the tables the players were all at. When the awards were presented he was sitting with Beckford on the table with Morgan, Howard, Vassell etc

I don’t hate him at all , but he does seem to have acted in a childish and petulant manner on a few occasions that serves to alienate him from other players and NP .

If they can sort it out mano-a-mano behind closed doors and come our with a united front and with the understanding that all the players know who actually is the “boss” , then I believe he still could have a future here.

I doubt he is hated.His inflated transfer fee lead to expectations which may not have ben borne out by his performances.He is agood Championship defender,let down by a reckless streak,which lead to red cards. Passing not the best.We will never know what happened between NP & MM,no doubt he'll be on his way.

I don't hate him, he's been overpriced relative to his talents and nowhere near the squad now (for reasons we're still unsure of).

If it had been a £2 million deal straight up then the pressure, and subsequent problems with the fans, wouldn't be so big an issue.

Cause he's the devil incarnate, this season he's stole my lunch money, pushed over a small child and pretended to throw a ball for a dog which wasn't even in his hand!

The mans a monster!

because wed spend a significant amount of time working the ball in the oppositions area for Mills to attempt to cross it or hoof it into Row Z. It was like when youre playing in the school playground and some little brat goes and kicks the ball away

Plus he got himself sent off twice in half a season, and gave away a couple of penalties. TBH I dont care what his previous reputation was like - he was doing more harm than good whilst on the field.

pitch

Was told once he was dropped for two games, he then refused to play that Kettering game. Subsequently Pearson told him he wouldn't play again this season. That's come from someone at Leicester.

As for if he leaves i don't know.

he'd been dropped way before the kettering game. i do think if he'd played in that game it would have gone a long way to him making an appearance before the end of the season. his refusal (if true) tells us all we need know about his arrogance/attitude.

Maybe he is just a little misunderstood, best defender currently on our books, and a honest decent bloke who has only ever wanted to do his best for Leicester City. The fact that him and NP have had a bust up could and should have been sorted by now.

From what I have been told NP is the one being a prat about it not MM. As someone else has said he will end up playing in the Premiership but not with us.

Just don't like him. Comes over as big headed. Also, if he did do what was true behind Pearson's back, then he is even more big headed than I initially thought.

Don't think he is that good either, only looks solid when we were on tv; as the Reading fans actually said.

Archived