Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Why do you hate Matt Mills?

Cause he's the devil incarnate, this season he's stole my lunch money, pushed over a small child and pretended to throw a ball for a dog which wasn't even in his hand!

The mans a monster!

If i'd known this before , I'd never have tried to defend the man .

I quite agree with you !!

:D

NP record in dealing with any problems is not good.Mills,Campbell,Gradel and SSL had fee agreed with Ipswich until we had a crisis at CB because Bamba was away.NP needs to grow up!!

Possibly , but how do do know that it isn't some players that need to grow up ?

I've just been speaking to a family friend (appearing on next weeks family fortune with Robbie savage).

He was in the commentary box on Saturday, sav was speaking to a member of the coaching staff, who was saying what we all thought.

If mills plays 1 more match then we have to pay another 1.5m.

He also said that far to many players came just for the money, which was a bit obvious really.

Possibly , but how do do know that it isn't some players that need to grow up ?

I'd say that they inevitably do.

You won't get 20 odd people in any organisation without having the odd few ... but if they are talented then it's the manager's job to get them to be productive even if they are a bit of a kn0b.

Or he can ship them out - but generally that's expensive - MM is a classic case of that.

I've just been speaking to a family friend (appearing on next weeks family fortune with Robbie savage).

He was in the commentary box on Saturday, sav was speaking to a member of the coaching staff, who was saying what we all thought.

He also said that far to many players came just for the money, which was a bit obvious really.

REALLY???? I'm amazed this hasn't been mentioned before!!!! That's got to be a factor .... may even be one that MM is aware of and it's been agreed he'll sit out til next season to save the cash.

Because the problem with SSL went away when NP needed him.The problem was they had a bust up that NP was not prepared to sort out until circumstances meant he had too,if everything is ok now NP petulance nearly cost us an international CB.

NP record in dealing with any problems is not good.Mills,Campbell,Gradel and SSL had fee agreed with Ipswich until we had a crisis at CB because Bamba was away.NP needs to grow up!!

Mills - Maybe you're right, but we don't know who's to blame. There are rumours of plenty of things Mills is supposed to have done wrong, such as missing training, failing to turn up to play for the reserves, etc. It could also be the case that the club was leaving him out to avoid paying a large appearances clause in his contract, which is very plausible.

Campbell - was shite for us, so who cares? Again, why would you blame NP and not Campbell if we don't know what happened.

Gradel - was a fringe player after guaranteed first team football. NP couldn't promise him that, so sold him on. Was there evidence of a falling out? Not as far as I know.

St. Ledger - like Gradel, was a fringe player after guaranteed first team football. NP couldn't promise him that, so transfer listed him. Then he got back into the first team and became a first team regular ever since. How you can use this as an example, I don't know.

I'd say that they inevitably do.

You won't get 20 odd people in any organisation without having the odd few ... but if they are talented then it's the manager's job to get them to be productive even if they are a bit of a kn0b.

Or he can ship them out - but generally that's expensive - MM is a classic case of that.

Yes i agree , but some players , such as Tevez etc seem to think that the world revolves around them.

At some point a manager has to take a firm standpoint , and make all the players realise who is the boss .

But I've no information as to what happened , or who i to blame either way . I'm just going to give NP the benefit of the doubt .

He reminds me of a sober Brian Clough inasmuch as he demands unquestioning authority

( again this is just my impression) :thumbup:

Guest parky0607

Wise move then really. Let's get him out for the good of the club, the LCFC players and the man himself. Can't say I am one of his fans but I don't like seeing a professional player sit out and rot (unless your name is DJ Campbell) and hope all parties can move on and move forward.

If i'd known this before , I'd never have tried to defend the man .

I quite agree with you !!

:D

You'll never guess what! I saw him earlier with what looked like a bag of kittens, loaded with a couple of house bricks...

He was heading towards the canal as well!

He's a monster I tell you a bloody monster!

How many games has he played this season?

1.5m seems a huge add-on for very little playing time.

The Sven / Neville dream negotiating team does it again!

TBF I can't quite believe how pear-shaped this move has gone. I thought £5 mill was a ridiculous price but I still expected him to be the mainstay of our defence but he has been very hit and miss.

I also think the decision to bring him in as captain was a particularly poor one.

Yes i agree , but some players , such as Tevez etc seem to think that the world revolves around them.

At some point a manager has to take a firm standpoint , and make all the players realise who is the boss .

But I've no information as to what happened , or who i to blame either way . I'm just going to give NP the benefit of the doubt .

He reminds me of a sober Brian Clough inasmuch as he demands unquestioning authority

( again this is just my impression) :thumbup:

You could just as easily argue that NP is another Peter Taylor (our ex-manager, not the veteran Clough sidekick) - insecure in the presence of players with strong character (Walsh, Collymore et al)..

I don't hate Mills but you've got to wonder why he's been omitted completely, I'm not saying I believe all the rumours but clearly something's gone on.

I've heard really it's a HUGE ego problem. Like that was ever going to work with NP.

As a footballer, he's a good centre half but for what we paid, you need outstanding, and he's let us down a few times, he's put in some great displays but meh.

For what he's on, just get rid, he's not had it easy but he's shown himself to be a crap captain, an over-rated footballer and someone who let the money get to his head.

He's the second we need to axe after Beckford.

You could just as easily argue that NP is another Peter Taylor (our ex-manager, not the veteran Clough sidekick) - insecure in the presence of players with strong character (Walsh, Collymore et al)..

Yes we could argue anything we like about the rights and wrongs of his personality traits or that of individual players.

But it's a pretty pointless exercise because none of us will ever know all the ins and outs of what goes off within the club .

Even the players themselves will have different viewpoints of what goes on .

The plain fact is NP is the manager , he should be allowed to manage as he sees fit for his duration , and if this turns out wrong, then so be it . But we can't keep swapping managers like some petulant playboy who wants to keep swapping girlfriends.

Give the guy his duration , criticize him or praise him in due course. I don't know if he'll succeed or fail or if his method of dealing with staff is wrong or right , only time can be the judge. And now is not the time imo :thumbup:

Perhaps a more appropriate topic title would be:

How do you rate Matt Mills or maybe Why do you rate Matt Mills?

Mills - Maybe you're right, but we don't know who's to blame. There are rumours of plenty of things Mills is supposed to have done wrong, such as missing training, failing to turn up to play for the reserves, etc. It could also be the case that the club was leaving him out to avoid paying a large appearances clause in his contract, which is very plausible.

Campbell - was shite for us, so who cares? Again, why would you blame NP and not Campbell if we don't know what happened.

Gradel - was a fringe player after guaranteed first team football. NP couldn't promise him that, so sold him on. Was there evidence of a falling out? Not as far as I know.

St. Ledger - like Gradel, was a fringe player after guaranteed first team football. NP couldn't promise him that, so transfer listed him. Then he got back into the first team and became a first team regular ever since. How you can use this as an example, I don't know.

Around and around and around we go.

Archived