Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Why do you hate Matt Mills?

Well one things for sure we missed him didn't we!

Based on what exactly? We were average with him in the team and average with him out of the team.

Perhaps Mr P should have been a little more proffesional business wise and played him after all thats what he's paid for

So he's paid to play, so we should play him? No matter what?

I spoke to Mills outside while signing autographs for everyone and he was the only player that stayed until all the fans had got thiers all the others signed a couple and rushed off (couldn't care less).

Seems to me Mr N P has the ego problem, and in my opinion he is not good enough to take us up full stop.

So Mills signs a few autographs and that leads you to believe Pearson is the problem?

Should never have got rid of Sven BIG MISTAKE!

13th when he left, 9th when the season finished.

I don't hate mills, I got mills on my away shirt and was pretty much sucking him off when he scored away at saints.... He is a better defender than bamba (although both have poor distribution) and I honestly believe that Morgan and mills sounds and would be solid, sounds like a wwe tag team though if I'm honest. All in all I personally want him to stay

• 2 weeks later...

The trouble is Mills was never as good as people perceived and the price tag plus all the hype on here (including people trying to mock Reading fans for taking their ‘best player’, claiming their opinions of him were just bitter, claiming he was the best player in the league etc etc) just built up the reputation and expectation of a player who has only ever been very average at this level.

People try to justify Mills background by stating that he was Reading’s captain when they got to the play off final, and that’s true in as much as he was captain for that game, but Ivar Ingimarsson was their club captain but missed most of the season through injury. Had Ingimarsson been fit Mills may well have not played for much of that season.

Most Reading fans didn’t seem to like him as a person or rate him as player either.

The trouble is Mills was never as good as people perceived and the price tag plus all the hype on here (including people trying to mock Reading fans for taking their ‘best player’, claiming their opinions of him were just bitter, claiming he was the best player in the league etc etc) just built up the reputation and expectation of a player who has only ever been very average at this level.

So how come he always played well against us, and had players like Fryatt and even Yakubu in his pocket? Why did at least two Premier clubs try to sign him before we did?

People try to justify Mills background by stating that he was Reading’s captain when they got to the play off final, and that’s true in as much as he was captain for that game, but Ivar Ingimarsson was their club captain but missed most of the season through injury. Had Ingimarsson been fit Mills may well have not played for much of that season.

When Ingimarsson played, it was usually alongside him and not instead of him.

Most Reading fans didn’t seem to like him as a person or rate him as player either.

A couple of dozen fans, at most, on various message boards are hardly representative of a fanbase.

It's pathetic how some folk will lay into a player, purely because he falls out of favour (for whatever reason) with the manager of the day. The Sven-groupies did exactly the same to Jack Hobbs last year. That worked out so well for us, didn't it?

I don't hate him but I think he always looked shaky. I've compared him to Jimmy Willis and he probably would have come back a better player if he'd taken the Leeds loan spell. I'll be glad if the swap deal for Kelvin Wilson goes through though, just to put an end to the whole saga and it would also mean he won't be playing against us next season.

its because he cant pass and showed no passion. not a good captain

We all have different opinions and all that has happened has influenced all our collective memories, but to say he showed no passion is just not true. That block he made in the last minute at home to Derby .... when we were 4-0 up .... was truly one of the moments of the season for me. I honestly thought we were just starting to ignite at that point. It was inspirational leadership - setting the standard ... 4-0 up, last minute, but we DON'T concede .......... aahhhhhh ....where did it all go wrong (actually, don't answer that - we all know what each other think on that one)!!!

2 points off the playoffs when he left, and now we finished 9 points shy of that mark. :/

9 points above relegation when he left, and now we finished 26 points above. :w00t:

The economy was shit when he was playing.... now its shit... :frantics:

Based on what exactly? We were average with him in the team and average with him out of the team.

So he's paid to play, so we should play him? No matter what?

So Mills signs a few autographs and that leads you to believe Pearson is the problem?

the last two points those two made have a point especally the last but one. pearson is the problem and as an attitude thats stinks for someone who is a manager. :pearson: your not the one to take us to the promised land so .... ...

The problem with MM is that he ended up not being any better than what we already had. When you pay that much money for a player you expect them to make an impact on the squad. The only dynamic MM has was to hoof the ball up to our forwards and hope they got on the end of it, which 99.9% of the time they didnt.

Archived