Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Mills to .....................

Why do people take quoted Transfer fees and wages so seriously when they are just media guesswork in most cases?

I'm speculating here but I'd imagine there was a promotion payment and probably an appearances clause in the original deal with Reading so I'd guess we paid around £3 million for him. Reading between the lines I reckon Bolton have paid around £1.5 mill. That's quite a significant loss but not massive. We should save £1 million in wages over what woud have been his contract - that's providing his replacement is on more reasonable wages.

Why do people take quoted Transfer fees and wages so seriously when they are just media guesswork in most cases?

Because its the only thing we have to go on..

The debate could be far more accurate if finances and figures were made public information, but they aren't. Thus speculation occurs.

Because its the only thing we have to go on..

The debate could be far more accurate if finances and figures were made public information, but they aren't. Thus speculation occurs.

Fine but surely viewing them as speculation rather than fact is not that difficult?

Fine but surely viewing them as speculation rather than fact is not that difficult?

Personally not difficult at all. Speculation is all it can be.

However, the speculative information available suggests that we have wasted a substantial amount of money, for this level, on Matt Mills.

We'll only have ever paid 5 with promotion etc etc. So unlikely to be anything like £5m.

Exactly, everyone seems to think we paid £5m for him. I'm sure it was reported that it was £2.5m plus add ons which surely haven't been triggered

I think everyone likes to feel a bit of in the

know sometimes.

I'm not saying by any means I'm in the know but it was reported at the time that the transfer fee including add ons was around £5m but people have taken it that we've paid that

I'm not saying by any means I'm in the know but it was reported at the time that the transfer fee including add ons was around £5m but people have taken it that we've paid that

I think the point is unless you are the Company accountant, sit on the Board, or the player himself, you won't be 'in the know'... You might have a 'mate' who tells you something but, of course, his/her account may be incorrect, skewed or exaggerated.

Therefore, we speculate.. Just look at the 'facts' and 'figures' mooted on this thread alone and you'll see what I mean.

They aren't 'hard facts', merely people's understandings of reports.

For me, it's a good thing that Mills finally appears to be off, because this saga has gone on for too long to be healthy for the club.

I think the point is unless you are the Company accountant, sit on the Board, or the player himself, you won't be 'in the know'... You might have a 'mate' who tells you something but, of course, his/her account may be incorrect, skewed or exaggerated.

Therefore, we speculate.. Just look at the 'facts' and 'figures' mooted on this thread alone and you'll see what I mean.

They aren't 'hard facts', merely people's understandings of reports.

For me, it's a good thing that Mills finally appears to be off, because this saga has gone on for too long to be healthy for the club.

Yeah we don't need players like that in the squad

Archived