Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Mills to .....................

Nige can't handle big players - why we'll be staying down till he goes

Yeah we need a real high reputation manager like Sven, he did a great job getting us into the play-offs. Not like that rubbish Nigel Pearson bloke, what has he ever done for us? :rolleyes:

Yeah we need a real high reputation manager like Sven, he did a great job getting us into the play-offs. Not like that rubbish Nigel Pearson bloke, what has he ever done for us? :rolleyes:

Of course Sven could manage big players!

Basically by letting them do exactly what they wanted. Allegedly.

We HAD to get rid of them first.

Do you know this?

Or are you surmising?

I've wondered myself whether Pearson actually does need to offload before he buys or if he simply just didn't want to keep these players?

You sound as though you know that we MUST sell before we buy?

Nigel doesnt have to sell before he buys! he just didnt rate the players he's got rid off. we've sold thousands of season tickets which brings in £6m,the owners can invest £6m into the club and we have the most sponsorship deals in the championship. We're covered to keep and add if we wanted too. Massive

Nigel doesnt have to sell before he buys! he just didnt rate the players he's got rid off. we've sold thousands of season tickets which brings in £6m,the owners can invest £6m into the club and we have the most sponsorship deals in the championship. We're covered to keep and add if we wanted too. Massive

Plus the fact I didn't think FFP started until the 2013/2014 season with no punishment handed out until 2015 as accounts don't need handing in until Dec 2014.

If right then surely this coming season is a season without punishment for failure?

Good idea why not make it a round 10mill add it to the 50mill they have LENT the club.

Then we can pay it all back plus 8%.

Plus the fact I didn't think FFP started until the 2013/2014 season with no punishment handed out until 2015 as accounts don't need handing in until Dec 2014.

If right then surely this coming season is a season without punishment for failure?

Unless I'm wrong I thought this was the case?

I'm pretty convinced that the sale of Big Sol is more about Pearson not rating him as about finances? Same with Peltier.... 350k plus Pelts wages gone is not gonna make much difference surely.

These seem like primarily footballing decisions, more than purely financial ones?

So basically what you are suggesting is that we keep pumping stupid money in, raising our debts to ever more ridiculous levels, in the hope that we get promoted. If we sign player now they are going to want 3 possibly 4 year contracts. On top of the ridiculous unsustainable wage bill and long contracts we currently have.

Why not just accept that we need to cut back a bit and at least start to prepare for what's coming.

Do you know this?

Or are you surmising?

I've wondered myself whether Pearson actually does need to offload before he buys or if he simply just didn't want to keep these players?

You sound as though you know that we MUST sell before we buy?

Well I don't know it as 100% fact because I'm not Top or Pearson, but it's what I have been told by someone who worked there.

Plus i'd say the ridiculous outlay last year and current wage levels would mean it's highly likely, without them even saying it to me.

Archived