Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Mills to .....................

Celtic have made a bid for Leicester City's out-of-favour former captain Matt Mills.

The Scottish champions are offering defender Kelvin Wilson in a possible swap deal.

• 3780380.png

The Hoops are understood to have made City the offer of 26-year-old Wilson in exchange for Mills, who appears to have no future at City under manager Nigel Pearson.

Right-back Lee Peltier could also be on his way out of the King Power Stadium after talks over a new contract stalled.

Although he still has two years of his current deal to run, Peltier could be one of the victims of a summer clear-out, despite only joining City last summer from Huddersfield Town and becoming the first-choice right-back.

Mills was Sven-Goran Eriksson's big summer signing last year, arriving from Reading in a deal that was potentially worth close to £5 million.

However, after the sacking of Eriksson, Mills failed to impress new boss Pearson.

The City manager is looking to carry out a big reconstruction of his squad this summer in a bid to turn the team into genuine promotion challengers after a disappointing campaign.

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has denied, in the Scottish media, that there has been contact with City about Wilson.

But the Mercury understands he is keen to land Mills and is prepared to offer Wilson in exchange.

Wilson has had a difficult first season for Celtic since arriving on a free transfer and has made just 21 appearances, mainly due to a torn Achilles heel injury, which kept him out of action for more than three months last year.

Meanwhile, there have been reports City have agreed a fee with Manchester United to sign Belgium defender Ritchie De Laet and young midfielder Matty James.

The unconfirmed reports suggest City have agreed to pay £2m for 23-year-old centre-back De Laet, who joined United in 2009, and academy product James, aged 20.

De Laet has made just three senior appearances for United but has had loan spells with Sheffield United, Preston North End, Portsmouth and Norwich City.

Although James has not featured in the United first team yet, the creative midfielder played 30 games and scored three goals while on loan with Preston in 2010.

Pearson is also believed to be targeting Hull City defender James Chester and the Fleetwood Town striker Jamie Vardy.

I hope they take it. I like Mills as a player and dont think he's been as bad as some make out but for some reason he pisses too many people off to make it worth keeping him. Players, owners and fans all need to have the majority pulling in the same direction to be successfull so the obstacles must be removed.

Bye Millseh.

Bye.

Who is wilson?

He's an ex-Forest central defender - now at Celtic, though he missed part of the season through injury. Redhux seems to think he's quite good and formed a strong central defensive partnership with Wes Morgan while at Forest.

Wilson was good at Forest vital part of there back four, with Morgan and Chambers. As soon as he departed to Celtic, they have gone down hill, league position shows that.

I liked him at Forest, and would have him over Mills anyday, surely he can't be worse than Mills lol

Wilson was good at Forest vital part of there back four, with Morgan and Chambers. As soon as he departed to Celtic, they have gone down hill, league position shows that.

I liked him at Forest, and would have him over Mills anyday, surely he can't be worse than Mills lol

Of course he can be worse! Mills wasn't as bad as he has been made out to be, he hasn't been brilliant either mind

Of course he can be worse! Mills wasn't as bad as he has been made out to be, he hasn't been brilliant either mind

Mills wasn't as bad as he has been made out to be...yes he is, he is one of the worst defenders I have seen a Leicester shirt.

I have ranted enough about him this season, cba anymore.

I would rather have Mills in a back four instead of St Ledger

Archived