Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Mills to .....................

Blatently trying to drum up intrest from others parties.....we could fall on our face here!

I don't think this will be on the club's part to be honest. We're clearly happy to offload him as soon possible. My interpretation of it would be it's more that the clubs have agreed terms, Mills has agreed terms with Bolton, but that he is now demanding money from Leicester to move (probably because the terms that he's agreed with Bolton are significantly less than the ludicrous wages he'll be on at Leicester).

On the one hand he'd be entitled to see out the lucrative contract that he's got for the next three years, on the other it's a matter of principle that he should recognise that he's not wanted here a) because of how he has performed and b) because of how he has conducted himself. He won't be being offered a pittance at Bolton and in having to take a wage cut he's got no-one else to blame but himself. The ball's in his court, ruin his career by sitting on the contract at Leicester or swallow his pride (provided it'll fit down his throat) and move on. I for one, hope we don't pander to his demands.

Or we could keep potentially one of the top CB's in this division

:yawn:

Yeah but surely we need to recoup some of the money we spent on him?

But we overpaid for players, especially Mills. Although he will most probably leave in the near future, I wouldn't expect the same fee (what we paid for him), because we overpaid and he isn't worth what we paid Reading for his 'services'.

I don't think this will be on the club's part to be honest. We're clearly happy to offload him as soon possible. My interpretation of it would be it's more that the clubs have agreed terms, Mills has agreed terms with Bolton, but that he is now demanding money from Leicester to move (probably because the terms that he's agreed with Bolton are significantly less than the ludicrous wages he'll be on at Leicester).

On the one hand he'd be entitled to see out the lucrative contract that he's got for the next three years, on the other it's a matter of principle that he should recognise that he's not wanted here a) because of how he has performed and b) because of how he has conducted himself. He won't be being offered a pittance at Bolton and in having to take a wage cut he's got no-one else to blame but himself. The ball's in his court, ruin his career by sitting on the contract at Leicester or swallow his pride (provided it'll fit down his throat) and move on. I for one, hope we don't pander to his demands.

:yawn:

IF you are correct here and Mills is demanding money to move then Im afraid he epitomises all that is bad about a modern day footballer. Whilst many of us are scratching about trying to make a living, this man is maybe refusing to play football for the sake of a few thousand pounds per week?

Bless him....

IF you are correct then the whole thing stinks and I, for one, would not want to see Matt Mills in a City shirt again.

I think even Pearson could not have foreseen the job he would have to do in turning around some of the glaring errors made by the previous manager and board.

This whole situation has become really quite farcical.

I get the impression that Mills shot himself in the foot with his bad attitude.

Its also worth considering that when we agreed the fee with Reading that the cost of the transfer was dependant on the number of appearances he made (i do not know and purely guessing)

I would imagine this plus his bad temper was why he no longer played a game for us.

I have to say that im a season ticket holder and never saw his car in the car park.

Just because he was not chosen to play, he always had the option of turning up and cheering the lads on. We have ex players ie walshy that still show their support for the club.

I saw his car in the car park quite a few times when he wasn't in the team to be fair to him. I walk past the players cars every home game to get to my seat

What a twat he is.

He'd apparently rather piss off the club, the manager, the owners, the fans, the club who were hopeful of signing him, and go without playing first team football, than keep everyone happy and play competitive football, but lose a small amount of his ridiculously massive wages.

If we can't offload him, it's really going to hurt our ambitions, I think. There's a lot we could do with the £25k a week we're wasting on this total bellend.

But we overpaid for players, especially Mills. Although he will most probably leave in the near future, I wouldn't expect the same fee (what we paid for him), because we overpaid and he isn't worth what we paid Reading for his 'services'.

By the same token, we're paying him wages far above his worth. Realistically, he should expect to take a wage cut when he moves on.

Mills is just greedy,and I agree that if we cant get rid it will adversely hamper NP plans as the owners have stated that before any major new additions are recruited the wage bill has to be reduced {Toffee Fox}.Mills clearly thinks he holds the best hand and with the crazy contract we gave him last year its hard to argue.I think in the end we will have to compromise because we dont want to pay Reading any appearance related payments ,which could be up to !M, and his 25K wages,and more importantly we need the new squad together ASAP.Mills ,however, represents all that is bad with the modern game and I really hope he falls flat on his face where ever he does end up,he doesnt deserve to wear the Leicester shirt.I fail to see why, if the rumours are true, and he did physically assault either NP or RW he wasnt sacked ,can anyone on these boards say they wouldnt have been dismissed if they had assaulted the boss or a work colleague.Get rid ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the same token, we're paying him wages far above his worth. Realistically, he should expect to take a wage cut when he moves on.

Yeah, that's what I meant as well. He should expect to take a wage cut, but will he? Doubt it. Sounds like he is happy not playing and taking his high wages, something that makes football look bad.

Exactly, we don't know the ins and outs of what it holding up the deal.

But I would wager it's the fact he's on a fecking shite load of cash here and they will not pay him anything close to it. So it could be him not accepting it or us not accepting it.

Hull fans talking like it's a done deal now, they are either ridiculously over optimistic, or he's now playing for them

They also seem to be under the impression he didnt come to us because Pearson would only offer him a one year contract and he wanted two

not really Sven wanted Heskey Pearson never commentated either way and has always show a preference for signing younger players

Added to the fact that Toffee fox has stated we HAVE offered him a deal....

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/mills-is-back-on-lennys-radar.17992987?

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon could be back in the race for Leicester City defender Matt Mills.

The 25-year-old had been identified as a potential signing target by the Parkhead club, but it looked as though he was on his way to Bolton on a season-long loan deal.

Bolton remain in the driving seat having agreed to pay £1m up front to land Mills on loan, with an agreement in place that a second £1m payment would be made to make the move permanent.

http://www.eveningti...radar.17992987?

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon could be back in the race for Leicester City defender Matt Mills.

The 25-year-old had been identified as a potential signing target by the Parkhead club, but it looked as though he was on his way to Bolton on a season-long loan deal.

Bolton remain in the driving seat having agreed to pay £1m up front to land Mills on loan, with an agreement in place that a second £1m payment would be made to make the move permanent.

lol great bit of journalism by the writer there.

we want rid

bolton want him

use your loaf, columbo

we want rid, celtic wanted him. did he go there? NO..

you can Assume all you like but you know what they say about that.. makes an ASS out of U not ME ;)

we want rid, celtic wanted him. did he go there? NO..

you can Assume all you like but you know what they say about that.. makes an ASS out of U not ME ;)

we're not talking about the celtic situation and it never get to the same stage this has. stop talking out of your "ASS".

Archived