Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Waiting list for the Family Stand?

One of my family members just recently renewed there season ticket for the 2012-13 season and got told by our ticket office that there is now a 'waiting list' for the family stand as a lot of people have compalined about ticket prices going up. Seems a lot of people have moved/moving over to us. Anyone on here brought a season ticket in the family stand for this year?

How many of them are families?, The new pricing seems to be having the wrong affect with non-families moving in there because it's cheaper than the KOP, there's a few single lads on here headed for N Block.

This is the future. All the singers in the Kop move to the Family Stand, then all the kids in there learn - as us old 'uns did - that the only way to watch a game is standing up, swearing your head off, singing obscene songs and throwing coins at the oppo fans. Sorted, the next generation of real supporters is guaranteed. Plus, it has the added bonus of reintegrating the old farts who thought they wanted to sit and watch a game with the kiddywinks back into the yobbo fold. Since me and son have been going into J block, I've enjoyed games so much more than I used to. Hell, even wife now stands, sings and swears - but only at games of course. Although she has been known to launch into a chorus of 'Sit down. shut up' if I get out of hand.

Im already in N Block. The more of us the better. Move over lads and ladies you know you want to!

You're not allowed to move over now unless you have a child with you.

Surely it must of always been you need to book for a child as well to sit in the family end? Otherwise everyone in the Kop would of just moved over years ago to be next to the away end?

Surely it must of always been you need to book for a child as well to sit in the family end? Otherwise everyone in the Kop would of just moved over years ago to be next to the away end?

Never been like that. Way around it would be to purhcase a U8's ticket if you know a U8 obviously you dont have to take them and you could always upgrade.

You can borrow my kids if you want.

Ive already got a ticket there mate. Would be good for more people to come over so we could get another 'singing section' going.

I have a dream that one day the whole stadium is filled with families.

I have a dream that one day people of all nationalities will be united in their love for face paint.

I have a dream that one day down in the walkers stadium little jester hat wearing boys will be able to join hands with little jester hat wearing girls.

I have a dream today that no more will you hear any noise within the stadium.

I have a dream today that no man will stand up and block my view but sit comfortably in his seat.

Let oppression ring from every hill and molehill of Leicester city.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every county and every city, we will be

able to speed up that day when all children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able

to join hands and sing in the words of the old steward spiritual, "you will sit down and be quiet! you will sit down in silence! thank the safety officer, you will sit down and be quiet!

I have a dream that one day the whole stadium is filled with families.

I have a dream that one day people of all nationalities will be united in their love for face paint.

I have a dream that one day down in the walkers stadium little jester hat wearing boys will be able to join hands with little jester hat wearing girls.

I have a dream today that no more will you hear any noise within the stadium.

I have a dream today that no man will stand up and block my view but sit comfortably in his seat.

Let oppression ring from every hill and molehill of Leicester city.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every county and every city, we will be

able to speed up that day when all children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able

to join hands and sing in the words of the old steward spiritual, "you will sit down and be quiet! you will sit down in silence! thank the safety officer, you will sit down and be quiet!

Barclay Luther King?

This is the future. All the singers in the Kop move to the Family Stand, then all the kids in there learn - as us old 'uns did - that the only way to watch a game is standing up, swearing your head off, singing obscene songs and throwing coins at the oppo fans. Sorted, the next generation of real supporters is guaranteed. Plus, it has the added bonus of reintegrating the old farts who thought they wanted to sit and watch a game with the kiddywinks back into the yobbo fold. Since me and son have been going into J block, I've enjoyed games so much more than I used to. Hell, even wife now stands, sings and swears - but only at games of course. Although she has been known to launch into a chorus of 'Sit down. shut up' if I get out of hand.

Was there a stage me and you argued?

Lets just take that back. ;)

Class post.

Well I for one will be singing and standing at the back of SK1 again next season. Yes, it's hard work getting an atmosphere going there sometimes; yes, I am as lazy and as bone-idle and as guilty of not contributing at times; yes I like the idea of a singing 'block', but still I think this is our home ground and we must have singing/chanting/swearing support behind both sets of goals, otherwise what's to put off the opposition? The problem I see in the Kop is that the majority are content to sit through the game and clap, but not really chant. And if they choose to do that can I criticise them? They paid their money, they wear the colours, so because I stand and shout and sing badly does that make me more righteous, more moral? I don't know. Many a train journey home I've pondered over the atmosphere, wondering whether I could have done better, and the answer is always Yes; but so it must surely be for everyone else, too. We're all Leicester (til we die) and those who live by the sword ...

So genuine fair play and good luck to anyone going over to 'N' next season. But I hope (and know) there'll be some left in SK1, too. The few against the thousand. Spartacus won't have shiit on this, and next season, wherever we stand, let's make it OUR ground, OUR atmosphere, OUR fortress, THEIR nightmare, THEIR fear, THEIR dread and let's get our club back to the Premiership!

I cannot bloody wait!!!!!!!

Archived