Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jock2612

Mills Situation !

I am VERY concerned about this.With Mills training with the youth squad there is clearly no chance him playing for us again (NP did the same with Campbell and Gradel when they were out) BUT the main problem is the club clearly need to move him to free up funds for new transfers and the longer he stays the more it will affect next season and NPs plans.There are VERY few clubs who can afford 20-25k a week and even less who will pay it for a VERY average CB who has a reputation for disruption(see Celtic fans posts).I think we should snap Celtics offer up ASAP because they will simply move on because they want their transfers done early because of champions league qualification.

The ball is firmly in NP court because he turned down the Wilson swap.

The worst poss outcome would be for Celtic to walk away and leave us with a player sitting on sideline sucking the club dry because of a ridiculously generous contract negotiated by the over rated AN which could mean we go into the new season with a depleted squad that finishes mid-table.This would almost certainly cost NP his job and the club facing fines under the new fair play rules.

This needs sorting even if we take a loss and sell for 1-1.5m after all why should Mills take a wage cut when he has a four year contract..

So your saying we should except an exchange for a player NP don't want on a wage still.

Or loan him out on a deal that still might not suit us or him.

And if we have an offer at cut price unless he wants to go to that club whatever they offer him he can still say NO.

Moving him was never gonna be easy and as much as we want him gone we are stuck.

As a club we are not incontrol of this Mills is.

Unless he gets an offer he is happy with he will just pick up our huge wage.

If it was about playing from his point don't you think he would have gone Leeds in jan on loan.

leave us with a player sitting on sideline sucking the club dry because of a ridiculously generous contract negotiated by the over rated AN which could mean we go into the new season with a depleted squad that finishes mid-table.This would almost certainly cost NP his job and the club facing fines under the new fair play rules.

So one player on high wages not playing is going to, guarantee us mid-table, cost Nigel Pearson his job and lead to us being fined? :frantics:

We need to sell him, but letting a club get him for practically nothing isn't the answer, it's not like we can't afford to let him sit in the reserves.

Guest MattP

We need to sell him, but letting a club get him for practically nothing isn't the answer, it's not like we can't afford to let him sit in the reserves.

We can't afford to let him sit here doing nothing, look at our losses and debt.

Was going to say, like welly said, Nigel might not want Wilson (or whoever) so what's the point in accepting the transfer, to then potentially being stuck in the same boat again?

I am VERY concerned about this.With Mills training with the youth squad there is clearly no chance him playing for us again (NP did the same with Campbell and Gradel when they were out) BUT the main problem is the club clearly need to move him to free up funds for new transfers and the longer he stays the more it will affect next season and NPs plans.There are VERY few clubs who can afford 20-25k a week and even less who will pay it for a VERY average CB who has a reputation for disruption(see Celtic fans posts).I think we should snap Celtics offer up ASAP because they will simply move on because they want their transfers done early because of champions league qualification.

The ball is firmly in NP court because he turned down the Wilson swap.

The worst poss outcome would be for Celtic to walk away and leave us with a player sitting on sideline sucking the club dry because of a ridiculously generous contract negotiated by the over rated AN which could mean we go into the new season with a depleted squad that finishes mid-table.This would almost certainly cost NP his job and the club facing fines under the new fair play rules.

This needs sorting even if we take a loss and sell for 1-1.5m after all why should Mills take a wage cut when he has a four year contract..

Did'nt read that the first time you answered it yourself.

Still think NP should try and reconcile with MM, like the post above MM can sit in the stands and collect a pay cheque for the next four years, I wouldn't really blame him either wouldn't we all do the same if the next job wasn't what we wanted

Think Mills has let his ego destroy his common sense, however NO professional footballer would want to rot in resies whatever their wage! Not good for profile reputation or fitness. This will be sorted before season starts or his agent wants shooting too!

I don't think the loan option is too bad.

We get him off the wage bill for a year, as Celtic will pay 100% of his wages, and he has the opportunity to prove to Celtic they should buy him or put himself in the shop window.

If he comes back next year then we are in a slightly better situation because we will only have him sitting in the reserves with two years left on his contract.

Obviously if we can sell him then do it.

Really don't care one iota about this.We will kick off for the new season , the club is not going down the pan because of the Mills situation it's just one of those things that happen in football. Or as the great bard put it " much ado about nothing"

Truthfully what would you do if you were him? He obviously thinks he's in the right and feels he has no responsibilty to anyone other than himself.

He didn't ask for a huge transfer fee and I'm sure his agent simply got him the best deal available. Let's not forget who his problem is with (and without speculation noone really knows what happened)...

Personally id sit on my arse, collect my cheque and stick two fingers up to the manager in the hope that the LCFC management merry go round continues, someone else comes in and you get another shot...

Truthfully what would you do if you were him? He obviously thinks he's in the right and feels he has no responsibilty to anyone other than himself.

He didn't ask for a huge transfer fee and I'm sure his agent simply got him the best deal available. Let's not forget who his problem is with (and without speculation noone really knows what happened)...

Personally id sit on my arse, collect my cheque and stick two fingers up to the manager in the hope that the LCFC management merry go round continues, someone else comes in and you get another shot...

I would suggest that you are spot on and this is exactly what Mills is doing.

However, personally, I'd be wanting to play some football and would accept a pay cut if thats what it took for me to continue 'doing my job'.

Although I believe you are quite correct, such an attitude stinks!

I would suggest that you are spot on and this is exactly what Mills is doing.

However, personally, I'd be wanting to play some football and would accept a pay cut if thats what it took for me to continue 'doing my job'.

Although I believe you are quite correct, such an attitude stinks!

I cant believe that would be his plan. He's got another 3 years left on his deal. If this is his intent, he's banking on our failure which wont help his career at all. At the minute, he'd still be quite attractive as a purchase as the way its being reported, the only reason he's been out of the team is due to a fallout and not because his form was shit. Because of that he could still get a move to a decent club and Celtic are certainly that.

Why would he want to hang around here and be shit on when they'll pay him the same money?

I cant believe that would be his plan. He's got another 3 years left on his deal. If this is his intent, he's banking on our failure which wont help his career at all. At the minute, he'd still be quite attractive as a purchase as the way its being reported, the only reason he's been out of the team is due to a fallout and not because his form was shit. Because of that he could still get a move to a decent club and Celtic are certainly that.

Why would he want to hang around here and be shit on when they'll pay him the same money?

Do you think any club will be willing to pay Mills what he is allegedly on at City? You could be right but I would personally doubt it

He's training with the youth squad?

Everyone's on holiday, so no.

----------

Transfer window not even open officially yet, we're one of the few clubs to have done any business so far.

I'd be surprised if he's still with us when the players report back, until then what's the panic & why keep raking it up?

Im not concerned at all, I have never been a massive pearson fan but he has got this one right, managers manage, players play. It will only be when mills ends up at a inferior club, he will realise what a fook up he has made of things here.You cannot give young men wisdom,they usually get it the hard way. The ego of a young modern footballer is a very distructive thing...but then again, they know it all at 25..

Im not concerned at all, I have never been a massive pearson fan but he has got this one right, managers manage, players play. It will only be when mills ends up at a inferior club, he will realise what a fook up he has made of things here.You cannot give young men wisdom,they usually get it the hard way. The ego of a young modern footballer is a very distructive thing...but then again, they know it all at 25..

I concur.....

Let's put it another way... Since the spat happened he's actually done everything thats been asked of him, training with the kids (if true) playing in the reserves etc... That would tell me at least he's willing to do what's necessary to get back into the side.

Let's not forget that...

He could have returnd home, refused to return and practiced his golf swing!

Let's put it another way... Since the spat happened he's actually done everything thats been asked of him, training with the kids (if true) playing in the reserves etc... That would tell me at least he's willing to do what's necessary to get back into the side.

Let's not forget that...

He could have returnd home, refused to return and practiced his golf swing!

If you were being pay way more than your ability warranted you'd be toeing the line also.

This guy is bad news, and needs shifting on asap.

I cant be bothered to go through them all but there are plenty of examples that show he is not the ideal pro, and when you add to that his less than impressive season prior to being dropped then for me his exit from the club cant come quick enough.

Archived