Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jock2612

Mills Situation !

I think this thread shows that no one really knows what happened.

We'll just have to see what happens now...

Yet it seems many on here are quick to pin the blame on Mills, even though the manager has a history of bust-ups, both with us and other clubs.

Yet it seems many on here are quick to pin the blame on Mills, even though the manager has a history of bust-ups, both with us and other clubs.

So does Matt Mills.

Oh here we go, people criticising Pearson because he's not allowed a player to undermine him.

Take it whatever way you want but would you seriously rather Pearson apologised to Mills for dropping him and played him?

What a bollockless move that would be and it would set out a shocking precedent.

Oh here we go, people criticising Pearson because he's not allowed a player to undermine him.

Actually they're criticising Pearson because they have an irrational hatred of him. They just look for whatever ludicrous excuse they can find to justify it.

Given the number of ITK's that purport to wander the hallowed halls of this forum, i find it amazing that NO-ONE has managed to actually tell us what happened.

For me...

The "headbut".. dont believe it happened, he wouldve been sacked and wages saved.

The "Dropped at Norwich" - I think he had been dropped earlier in the season and didnt become invisible after that.

Come on folks.. if you are really ITK, then... just the facts ma-am

Given the number of ITK's that purport to wander the hallowed halls of this forum, i find it amazing that NO-ONE has managed to actually tell us what happened.

For me...

The "headbut".. dont believe it happened, he wouldve been sacked and wages saved.

The "Dropped at Norwich" - I think he had been dropped earlier in the season and didnt become invisible after that.

Come on folks.. if you are really ITK, then... just the facts ma-am

After yesterdays convo turned into an anti-mills pro-Pearson propaganda session I vowed not to bother commenting again... Then you come on here trying to be all sensible and objective...

Hang your head in shame Oz Leicester

After yesterdays convo turned into an anti-mills pro-Pearson propaganda session I vowed not to bother commenting again... Then you come on here trying to be all sensible and objective...

Hang your head in shame Oz Leicester

His wisdom is only temporary

Alcohol will yet again hinder a Ozzie's judgement

I know I am repeating myself BUT the way I understand it the owners gave NP a transfer budget and any further spending would have to come form sales.He has spent approx 3M and no sales therefore this has come form his original budget.I know we dont know the value of budget but the sale for a fee and the saving of 20-25k per week by the sale of Mills must have been calculated into NPs budget therfore no sale or loan WILL affect NP ability to make the number of additions he wants,and as I said earlier Mill poor attitude and lack of professionalism could see him sit and just take the wage because VERY FEW clubs can afford to even take him on loan.If there is a deal to be had from Celtic TAKE IT!!! and get rid of this running sore ,the last thing we want is Mills upsetting pre-season.

Don't forget we have released a number of players since January, so he will have freed up some more money to spend on players.

With regards Mills, I don't really care how it is resolved, I do think the most important thing is to get it resolved quickly.

(Please lets not turn this into a Pearson vs Mills thread, it has been discussed to death and nobody has anything new to add).

I know I am repeating myself BUT the way I understand it the owners gave NP a transfer budget and any further spending would have to come form sales.He has spent approx 3M and no sales therefore this has come form his original budget.I know we dont know the value of budget but the sale for a fee and the saving of 20-25k per week by the sale of Mills must have been calculated into NPs budget therfore no sale or loan WILL affect NP ability to make the number of additions he wants,and as I said earlier Mill poor attitude and lack of professionalism could see him sit and just take the wage because VERY FEW clubs can afford to even take him on loan.If there is a deal to be had from Celtic TAKE IT!!! and get rid of this running sore ,the last thing we want is Mills upsetting pre-season.

You're like a broken record. For all we know, the owers could have given Nigel £10 million to spend - there's no FFP restrictions yet, so they're free to invest whatever they feel is appropriate. Where and when has anyone from the club said that we'll have to sell to buy? If you can find me a quote, please do, until then you're just getting wound up about imaginary budgets and scenarios that haven't even come to pass. Do you think that if Nigel tells the board it's vital that we sign a certain player, they'll say 'no, you've got to get rid of Matt Mills first'?

And for everyone who says we can't afford to have his wages on the books - would you still be saying that if he was playing week in, week out? The owners can afford to pay his wages because those are the terms they offered him when he signed. Do you think they just offered him 25K a week and then said 'oh shit, we actually can't afford that!'

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Leicester want rid of him, both the manager and the board, but he's still a saleable asset and we'd be absolute mugs to let him go for next to nothing without at least trying to recoup some of our initial investment - you can't just chuck a reported initial fee of £3.5 million pounds into a black hole, that would be absolutely insane. You can bet his agent will be working his bollocks off trying find him a new club too - you're a long time retired in this game and Mills needs to earn as much as he can for as long as he can - what kind of wage is he going to get at his next club if he rots in the reserves here until 2015? He'll want a move as much as we do.

There's always a manager with money burning a hole in his pocket. Last season it was Sven, now we've just got to find one of our own. Hopefully Sven will get another PL or Champ job, then he can come back in for his old favourites.

What bust ups are these then, and you can't include fabricated ones such as Gradel. Or ones that were denied by players and managers alike.

Doesn't leave you with much evidence of loads of bust ups really does it.

What bust ups are these then, and you can't include fabricated ones such as Gradel. Or ones that were denied by players and managers alike.

Doesn't leave you with much evidence of loads of bust ups really does it.

I'm amazed the people are still going on about Max Gradel.

For all of his 'flair' (and lets be right about it, Max was never really THAT good was he?), allegedly Max was as much a pain in the ass of the pitch as he was on it. Have people forgotten how Gradel would frequently sulk, row with the officials and go missing in games.

What does seem clear is that Pearson doesnt' much like players with this type of attitude..he'd rather they go somewhere else.

Whether this demonstrates Pearson as a 'good manager' or 'unable to manage this type of player' is open to debate of course.

But what is apparent is that Pearson does not want this 'type' of character at the football club.

Personally, I'd agree..the boss is the boss IMO.

You're like a broken record. For all we know, the owers could have given Nigel £10 million to spend - there's no FFP restrictions yet, so they're free to invest whatever they feel is appropriate. Where and when has anyone from the club said that we'll have to sell to buy? If you can find me a quote, please do, until then you're just getting wound up about imaginary budgets and scenarios that haven't even come to pass. Do you think that if Nigel tells the board it's vital that we sign a certain player, they'll say 'no, you've got to get rid of Matt Mills first'?

And for everyone who says we can't afford to have his wages on the books - would you still be saying that if he was playing week in, week out? The owners can afford to pay his wages because those are the terms they offered him when he signed. Do you think they just offered him 25K a week and then said 'oh shit, we actually can't afford that!'

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Leicester want rid of him, both the manager and the board, but he's still a saleable asset and we'd be absolute mugs to let him go for next to nothing without at least trying to recoup some of our initial investment - you can't just chuck a reported initial fee of £3.5 million pounds into a black hole, that would be absolutely insane. You can bet his agent will be working his bollocks off trying find him a new club too - you're a long time retired in this game and Mills needs to earn as much as he can for as long as he can - what kind of wage is he going to get at his next club if he rots in the reserves here until 2015? He'll want a move as much as we do.

There's always a manager with money burning a hole in his pocket. Last season it was Sven, now we've just got to find one of our own. Hopefully Sven will get another PL or Champ job, then he can come back in for his old favourites.

The owners are not stupid enough to ignore the fact that the FFP rules are coming soon and the now know how difficult it is to get out of this league,they have to prepare for the possibility we might still not be in the Prem.With wages approaching 95% of turnover this is not sustainable under the rules.The spending last season was sanctioned on the basis of promotion.The fact that sales would have to pay for some of the transfers comes from a thread started by the reliable Bert (on page 5 entitled 8 Players To Come In) not the club but a very good source.I am sorry you think i am a broken record but I always this was forum where issues are debated if you think this is below you I suggest you go back and stick your head back in sand and cease to bother people with your opinion.

I'm amazed the people are still going on about Max Gradel.

For all of his 'flair' (and lets be right about it, Max was never really THAT good was he?), allegedly Max was as much a pain in the ass of the pitch as he was on it. Have people forgotten how Gradel would frequently sulk, row with the officials and go missing in games.

What does seem clear is that Pearson doesnt' much like players with this type of attitude..he'd rather they go somewhere else.

Whether this demonstrates Pearson as a 'good manager' or 'unable to manage this type of player' is open to debate of course.

But what is apparent is that Pearson does not want this 'type' of character at the football club.

Personally, I'd agree..the boss is the boss IMO.

Yep seems to be Pearsons way, not worth discussing Gradel though as has to be the best player coming through the ranks in the last 10 years and didnt really feature prominently for us whatever reason.

Pearson likes the hard nose players, and agree with him that they are the ones to get out of this league! Mills I think needs to be loaned out, things havent worked out for him here yet and dont think he is shit or may not be a good player in the future

The owners are not stupid enough to ignore the fact that the FFP rules are coming soon and the now know how difficult it is to get out of this league,they have to prepare for the possibility we might still not be in the Prem.With wages approaching 95% of turnover this is not sustainable under the rules.The spending last season was sanctioned on the basis of promotion.The fact that sales would have to pay for some of the transfers comes from a thread started by the reliable Bert (on page 5 entitled 8 Players To Come In) not the club but a very good source.I am sorry you think i am a broken record but I always this was forum where issues are debated if you think this is below you I suggest you go back and stick your head back in sand and cease to bother people with your opinion.

You're basing your opinion on unconfirmed rumours and conjecture though - I know Bert is infallible to most on here, but he isn't privvy to boardroom discussions about agreed budgets and the financial state of the club, as far as I've been told, he's mates with a groundsman and unless the playing budget and the lawnmower budgets are discussed in the same meetings, I have no idea why he would know anything about how much we've got to spend on players or wages. There has never been any indication from the club or the manager that we would have to sell to buy and our activity this summer so far has backed this up - we've bought players in without selling anyone. Pearson has said we'll have to be sensible and our transfer activity has to be more sustainable, but this does not mean 'sell to buy'.

Obviously we want the big earners off the books - especially Matt Mills - but can't you see it would be crazy for the club to just write off those initial transfer fees? We have to try and recoup some of that investment, not just take the first paltry offer we receive. Those transfer fees are a massive part of the debt problem at the club currently, equal to the problem of having the wages on the books. We have to try and get some of that money back in, regardless of what you say. I'm not saying we shouldn't get rid, I'm saying we should try and get some of our investment back at all costs.

I've never said that the owners are stupid and ignoring FFP - there's a difference between investing £10 million in massive transfers and wages and investing in getting players in cheaply for the future on sustainable wages. This season will be the last throw of the dice they have before then regulations come in, they've got to try and find the balance between investing enough money sensibly to try and get us promoted and not investing too much on players who won't get the job done - I believe they've done this so far and they will continue to do this.

I agree with you that big earners will be moved on and it wouldn't surprise me to see Bamba, Konchesky, Beckford, Mills, Peltier and St Ledger out of the door before the start of the season - you're right, the reality is that those wages are unsustainable with FFP coming in, and while I'm sure that Nigel will be attempting to move them on, I highly doubt our budget for the season is absolutely dependent on their sales.

Archived