Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jock2612

Mills Situation !

Does ANYONE actually know what happened with NP/Mills..what was done or said?

Mills is still a championship quality defender and it would be in his, Leicester's and NP's best interests to sort themselves out. If they cant them its a poor effort on both parts, they are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS

If you were being pay way more than your ability warranted you'd be toeing the line also.

This guy is bad news, and needs shifting on asap.

I cant be bothered to go through them all but there are plenty of examples that show he is not the ideal pro, and when you add to that his less than impressive season prior to being dropped then for me his exit from the club cant come quick enough.

Like I said in my previous post his agent would have done what's best for the player and got him the best deal possible, I don't actually care either way as long as there is a resolution I was simply trying to add a different perspective.

Mills is still a championship quality defender and it would be in his, Leicester's and NP's best interests to sort themselves out. If they cant them its a poor effort on both parts, they are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS

Good point well made!

Just to clarify. I understand he was training with the youth set up BEFORE the end of the season NOT now.The transfer situation as i understand it was the owners would provide a budget and the rest would have to come from sales and since we have already spent approx 3M and MM is not going to play for us again while NP is in charge we have to get his wages off the accounts BEFORE we can buy.The problem is for NP to solve because MM can just sit and take a huge wage for the next 3years.The only alternative i see is for the club to sell other high earners and bring in frees on good wages hence Konch for Shorey or Beckford for Heskey links,but in my opinion i would take a loss on MM and move him on which could VERY VERY difficult if Celtic move on to other targets.

Let's put it another way... Since the spat happened he's actually done everything thats been asked of him, training with the kids (if true) playing in the reserves etc... That would tell me at least he's willing to do what's necessary to get back into the side.

Or he's doing what's necessary to continue picking up his wages.

Let's put it another way... Since the spat happened he's actually done everything thats been asked of him, training with the kids (if true) playing in the reserves etc... That would tell me at least he's willing to do what's necessary to get back into the side.

Let's not forget that...

He could have returnd home, refused to return and practiced his golf swing!

well he is a real trooper ..being kind enough to do his 25 grand a week job... nothing to do with keeping himself fit for his next mugs ready to shell out... does anybody really think this situation has occured over a trivial thing? give pearson some credit..

Just to clarify. I understand he was training with the youth set up BEFORE the end of the season NOT now.The transfer situation as i understand it was the owners would provide a budget and the rest would have to come from sales and since we have already spent approx 3M and MM is not going to play for us again while NP is in charge we have to get his wages off the accounts BEFORE we can buy.The problem is for NP to solve because MM can just sit and take a huge wage for the next 3years.The only alternative i see is for the club to sell other high earners and bring in frees on good wages hence Konch for Shorey or Beckford for Heskey links,but in my opinion i would take a loss on MM and move him on which could VERY VERY difficult if Celtic move on to other targets.

Yeah......Shorey & Heskey would play for so so much less wouldn't they :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Thais can soak up Mills' wages....Let him rot in the reserves and watch his carreer go down the swanny, the big headed arrogant tw*t :D

Let's put it another way... Since the spat happened he's actually done everything thats been asked of him

Yeah like not playing a reserve game because he was 'Feeling ill'.

And take a large part of NP transfer plans with him!!

Why are you so convinced that Nigel can't spend any money until Matt Mills is sold? It sounds like you're putting two and two together and getting 5. We've spent three million quid already on players, does that make it seem to you that the owners aren't backing their manager in the transfer market?

I bet Raksriaksorns love Nigel, he's bought in Vardy, James, Morgan, Marshall, De Laet and Drinkwater for about the same money we paid for Beckford and Mills last season and I bet the sum of their wages don't come close to Beckford's and Mills' combined. I don't know if you're expecting NP to do a Sven and splash out on a load of massive transfers with big fees and wages, but I'm telling you now - it won't happen. He'll do what he's always done - make well thought out signings, utilise the loan market and pick a couple of shrewd free transfers.

According to a mate, apparently mills and Pearson had a bust up and mills ended up headbutting Pearson on the training ground, my mate was at the training ground at the time, but im not completely convinced myself

He was training with the yuffs at the end of last season but only in a half arsed way which hasn't helped his cause with Pearson

According to a mate, apparently mills and Pearson had a bust up and mills ended up headbutting Pearson on the training ground, my mate was at the training ground at the time, but im not completely convinced myself

That really is a load of bullshit. If it happened in that way at such a public place, he'd have been sacked.

I am VERY happy to let Nige manage this and see what happens BEFORE all the players report back. Having Mills hang around and collect his wages wouldn't be VERY good the accounts, but for now we can afford it, and it doesn't look like any of this has impacted our ability to buy new players and pay the existing ones

I know I am repeating myself BUT the way I understand it the owners gave NP a transfer budget and any further spending would have to come form sales.He has spent approx 3M and no sales therefore this has come form his original budget.I know we dont know the value of budget but the sale for a fee and the saving of 20-25k per week by the sale of Mills must have been calculated into NPs budget therfore no sale or loan WILL affect NP ability to make the number of additions he wants,and as I said earlier Mill poor attitude and lack of professionalism could see him sit and just take the wage because VERY FEW clubs can afford to even take him on loan.If there is a deal to be had from Celtic TAKE IT!!! and get rid of this running sore ,the last thing we want is Mills upsetting pre-season.

I know I am repeating myself BUT the way I understand it the owners gave NP a transfer budget and any further spending would have to come form sales.He has spent approx 3M and no sales therefore this has come form his original budget.I know we dont know the value of budget but the sale for a fee and the saving of 20-25k per week by the sale of Mills must have been calculated into NPs budget therfore no sale or loan WILL affect NP ability to make the number of additions he wants,and as I said earlier Mill poor attitude and lack of professionalism could see him sit and just take the wage because VERY FEW clubs can afford to even take him on loan.If there is a deal to be had from Celtic TAKE IT!!! and get rid of this running sore ,the last thing we want is Mills upsetting pre-season.

He's not contagious, I'm sure we could cope with keeping him in the reserves for a couple of months until we get a fairer deal for him.

I thought they fell out because NP dropped Mills for the Norwich game.. Mills didn't agree that he should be dropped as he was captain (and thinks he's amazing) and he told NP that and NP basically said I'm the manager I make the decisions.. And that was that..

I'm sure I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of someone else that it was because he was having secret liaisons with Mrs P

I heard this too from my mate apparently it was in Martin O' Neills flat in Leicester that he had just recently decorated

Archived