Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DarynForster

Is this true?

12th, but then the Paralympics run from 29th Aug - 9th Sept.

lol

anyway,

Whats better than winning gold medal in the paralympics?

Having legs!

I don't like the Olympics much either, people often label it "the greatest show on Earth" it isn't. The World Cup is.

EDIT: Or at least it was until FIFA started fiddling with it. Qatar, please :glare:

Its an overrated school sports day

how is the world cup the greatest show on earth. the football is normally sh!t. average at best.

At least it's football, the olympic competitiors may excel at shit, sports, but at the end of the day they'll always be shit, boring sports (in the main).

And average at best is obviously not correct, the best is brilliant, it's just the teams are mainly average.

The thing is, all the people who have no interest in football but watch television all day will be convinced to show an interest in the olympics. Which is only really popular because the Yanks and the Chinks (ooh yeh I'm controversial) take it seriously, unlike football.

At least it's football, the olympic competitiors may excel at shit, sports, but at the end of the day they'll always be shit, boring sports (in the main).

And average at best is obviously not correct, the best is brilliant, it's just the teams are mainly average.

The thing is, all the people who have no interest in football but watch television all day will be convinced to show an interest in the olympics. Which is only really popular because the Yanks and the Chinks (ooh yeh I'm controversial) take it seriously, unlike football.

So something you find boring is pointless and not worth doing? Well done. I don't get how people can be so bitter about other people that are at the top of their field. Especially considering you're a football fan and presumably a sports fan in general.

You don't have to be overwhelmed or taken in by the Olympic buzz but it's the greatest athletes, the people in the best physical condition and the most highly skilled group in the world, performing on the biggest stage possible. It's a competition, a lot of people take pleasure in watching it but unsurprisingly, they don't run it for your benefit mate.

The Olympics lost their lustre back in the 70s when the drugs and then the professionalism came into the sport.

Mind you, the 100 metres remains as one of the pinnacles of sporting achievement!

Archived