Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Nigel's targets

After trawling through the recent 20+ topics, I find it quite refreshing that knowbody has any idea of who Nigel is lining up for next season!

All these so called sources must be frustrated that they cant spill the beans on any deals to enhance their street-cred....

Nigel and his team seem to conduct themselves very professionally in not naming or discussing possible targets, which must prove very frustrating to the 'sources' on here.

Keep up the good and quiet job you have started Nigel.

To be fair the only reason we managed to guess who Sven's were is because we were linked with pretty much every player on earth at some point so no matter who we signed there was bound to be some speculation on it anyway.

But in seriousness I do agree, mind you the three we've signed were ALL mentioned before signing.

I don't think there will be a great deal of large activity.

Vardy, Nugent, Waghorn and Schlupp - any two of those up front if we can offload Beckford.

Beckford money spent on a creative winger, I think that will be the gaffers number one purchase this summer.

Midfield will be fine as it is, with Drinkwater being the gamble already purchased to pick up Wellens role.

At the back is where he will be changing it. Already got players in and so Bamba and Peltier to go to reduce the wage bill further.

It will be about reducing costs, moving away from the Sven effect and I think NFP is the right guy to do it.

Our season will depend on whether we can get a big creative winger in and whether Schlupp, Vardy, Waghorn and Drinkwater can move up to the level we need.

If they do, we will have a new breed of heroes, young, hungry and with progressive values

Or maybe they stopped getting info and flounced off in a huff when challenged.

Or got bored of everything they said getting challenged and then abused, when it's clear that they were just passing on a bit of info on a possible transfer.

Or maybe NP has been told he must sell before he can buy. Would explain why most of the speculation is surrounding outgoing players. I think there might be 3 or 4 departures before an arrival.

To be fair the only reason we managed to guess who Sven's were is because we were linked with pretty much every player on earth at some point so no matter who we signed there was bound to be some speculation on it anyway.

But in seriousness I do agree, mind you the three we've signed were

ALL mentioned before signing.

Matt James wasnt mentioned until after he had signed if my memory serves me correctly

Or got bored of everything they said getting challenged and then abused, when it's clear that they were just passing on a bit of incorrect info on a possible transfer.

Added a key word for you.

I don't think there will be a great deal of large activity.

Vardy, Nugent, Waghorn and Schlupp - any two of those up front if we can offload Beckford.

Beckford money spent on a creative winger, I think that will be the gaffers number one purchase this summer.

Midfield will be fine as it is, with Drinkwater being the gamble already purchased to pick up Wellens role.

At the back is where he will be changing it. Already got players in and so Bamba and Peltier to go to reduce the wage bill further.

It will be about reducing costs, moving away from the Sven effect and I think NFP is the right guy to do it.

Our season will depend on whether we can get a big creative winger in and whether Schlupp, Vardy, Waghorn and Drinkwater can move up to the level we need.

If they do, we will have a new breed of heroes, young, hungry and with progressive values

This. Although I don't see why Pearson wants to offload players especially Konchesky (31) and get in Fitz Hall and Nicky Shorey (both in their 30s. - Heskey's an exception) yes because they're on a free but should we be looking long term for the season after? I'd Luke to see us sign Fryers and Chester instead and stop thinking about bringing replacements next season to prevent more gelling being required.

Archived