Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Could Leicester follow Derby in this new ticket system? Thoughts?

I would bet there are pre set bottom and top prices though, not much different to their top and bottom prices currently. The system will just operate within that range, so you won't be getting £15 and £40 games. Just prices between something like £24 and £36 I'd imagine.

Season tickets are sold at a price that would be cheaper than buying a ticket per game for every home game during that season right? So therefore, if, as is entirely possible in this country, more games are low priced because of the great british weather and poor standard of at least half the teams in our league then the season ticket holders aren't actually saving anything? And similarly, if a lot of games are high prices then the season ticket holders are even better off than ever before. Also, who gets to decide what's a big, high priced game. I consider forest more a rival than Derby so therefore should I pay more to see Forest get beaten than Derby? What is one mans biggest game of the season is another man's average one right? I do think it's risky if I'm honest...

I've got to credit Derby on the way they drag the fans in. Make more use of their support than any club in this league.

We on the other hand are the total opposite.

I have to disagree there....I can think of at least three times last season where we had "kids go cheap" or "buy a ticket and get a free pint or pie" I think Top has given us a reason to go to the KP but unfortunately we're not all taking it...

All clubs in this division and below have to wake up to the fact people are not going to pay Premiership prices to watch 2nd division football , because that's what we are 2nd division despite the silly name change to " championship " what ever that is supposed to mean. The only way to get our stadium filled is to get back in the Premiership then all the bandwagon wankers will come a flocking to see all the big clubs if only for a couple of seasons.

The trouble is so far no club has had the bollocks to slash prices to a reasonable level and get the ground full and all the knock on sales that go with that. They listen to their financial experts instead of asking us the fans what we think. Maybe that's because they already know the answer they would get , YOUR TICKET PRICES ARE TOO HIGH.

The trouble is so far no club has had the bollocks to slash prices to a reasonable level and get the ground full and all the knock on sales that go with that. They listen to their financial experts instead of asking us the fans what we think. Maybe that's because they already know the answer they would get , YOUR TICKET PRICES ARE TOO HIGH.

You say that as if it's the wrong thing for the club to do. Clearly there is a point at which the levels of attendance vs ticket price, matchday sales and misc benefits all combine to give the highest return. Why would you assume that the "financial experts" have got this very simple calculation wrong?

You say that as if it's the wrong thing for the club to do. Clearly there is a point at which the levels of attendance vs ticket price, matchday sales and misc benefits all combine to give the highest return. Why would you assume that the "financial experts" have got this very simple calculation wrong?

Yes I take your point moose but my point was no club has actually tried the reasonable price route to see if it would work. They are in a comfort zone financially and are afraid to take risks. My question to the club would be what is the point of having a 32,000 seat stadium if you can never fill it because your prices are too high ? It just does not make economic sense in any other market so why football ? If you asked a lot of fans who used to go down and no longer do why not, the inevitable answer is IT COSTS TOO MUCH. Which begs the question how on earth can 10,000 empty seats be classed as " highest return " ?

I posted a very simplistic example earlier. If you sell 32k tickets at £10 each you make the same as if you sell 16k tickets at £20 each. So if you are actually able to sell 20k tickets for £20, you've made more despite have thousands of empty seats.

That doesn't take into account extra matchday revenue but I can only assume most clubs have a pretty accurate idea of how much each fan spends. So I don't think it's really a case of trying it out, they can just get a calculator out and work out what the result will be.

I posted a very simplistic example earlier. If you sell 32k tickets at £10 each you make the same as if you sell 16k tickets at £20 each. So if you are actually able to sell 20k tickets for £20, you've made more despite have thousands of empty seats.

That doesn't take into account extra matchday revenue but I can only assume most clubs have a pretty accurate idea of how much each fan spends. So I don't think it's really a case of trying it out, they can just get a calculator out and work out what the result will be.

Yes Moose I know it makes some sort of financial sense but would you rather have a 22,000 gate or a 32,000 gate if the cash return was the same ? I can't believe no one in that extra 10,000 would buy absolutely nothing at the ground on the day.A calculator will never tell how many fans do not attend because of the ridiculousness of the ticket prices, only a try it and see would answer that one.

would we get 32k everyweek, midweek etc...If we had cheap tickets....I like the idea and I can never understand why clubs are happy to see empty stadiums, but I cant see our club changing anything, fair play to derby they at least are trying.

Whilst in theory this idea sounds like a decent one, when you think about it what is means in reality is people paying through the nose to see the best games whilst paying less to see the games only the hard core fans want to.

Whilst this might lead to a couple of thousand more on the gate of low key games it would also lead to no end of whining and moaning from the PAP when they have to pay over the odds to get their glory hunting fix.

Not a good idea in my opinion.

Archived