Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Could Leicester follow Derby in this new ticket system? Thoughts?

http://www.football-... (npower_Champ)

Derby is to become the first Football League club to offer 'demand-based' prices for match tickets. The npower Championship club has joined forces with technology company Digonex to offer fluctuating tickets prices based on real-time market conditions such as team performance, rivalries, day of the week and even the weather "We're very excited about the positive impact demand-based pricing will have on both our attendance and revenue next season," said Derby chief executive Tom Glick. "We're confident that the Sports and Entertainment Analytical Ticketing System (SEATS) will help us identify the best price for our tickets; allowing us to provide Derby County fans with more price options, flexibility and the best value for their money at Pride Park."Ensuring our match tickets are priced appropriately, we believe we will entice new fans to Pride Park as well as offering more options to existing supporters whilst re-engaging with those supporters who haven't been able to attend matches at Pride Park as much as they would have wished in the last few years."Rams fans may be able to grab a midweek bargain if snow is forecast to fall during the evening visit of Charlton, but will have to pay top prices for the derby with Nottingham Forest on a sunny afternoon.

I would actually quite like this at Leicester. Thinks its a pretty good idea.

Seems a decent idea. Could work either way though if there's no limit on top prices. Say all the conditions are the top ones, aka, a Saturday, they're doing well in the league (unlikely, I know :whistle:), they play us, Forest, Leeds, it's a sunny Saturday 3pm. Could be looking at very high prices then...

Would be decent for, as said, a midweek in February against Udders or whatever. Will keep an eye on it.

what about season ticket holders, how would they be affected by this?

I assume the idea is it'll even itself out? :dunno:

Like for every 10 quid game v Peterborough midweek there'll be a 35 quid game v Forest on a Saturday so over the whole season it won't be too different?

I assume the idea is it'll even itself out? :dunno:

Like for every 10 quid game v Peterborough midweek there'll be a 35 quid game v Forest on a Saturday so over the whole season it won't be too different?

you'd hope but if the team is playing like shit and struggling the demand wouldn't be high so you wouldn't get the £35 games

you'd hope but if the team is playing like shit and struggling the demand wouldn't be high so you wouldn't get the £35 games

Hmm I guess so. We'll just have to see then, be an interesting initiative anyway.

Guest MattP

Great idea.

Absolutely no chance of us taking it on though when they are actually increasing peices despite 10,000+ empty seats every week.

Great idea.

Absolutely no chance of us taking it on though when they are actually increasing peices despite 10,000+ empty seats every week.

16,000 tickets sold at £20 each brings in the same in gate receipts as selling 32,000 at £10. So while it would seem logical to fill the stadium, if they rely on reducing prices in order to achieve it they will be no better off once people become accustomed to paying the lower price and start refusing to pay the higher price.

16,000 tickets sold at £20 each brings in the same in gate receipts as selling 32,000 at £10. So while it would seem logical to fill the stadium, if they rely on reducing prices in order to achieve it they will be no better off once people become accustomed to paying the lower price and start refusing to pay the higher price.

yes but the extra 16000 also buy food, drink & programs as well

would be interesting to know the average matchday spend per fan. If it's more than £2 i'd be very surprised.

when tickets are cheape, people bring their kids more, when they bring their kids they spend more

would be interesting to know the average matchday spend per fan. If it's more than £2 i'd be very surprised.

Would expect that to be way under the average. If most only had a tea befor n one at HT your over that programes pies pints n burgers your well over it.

Would expect that to be way under the average. If most only had a tea befor n one at HT your over that programes pies pints n burgers your well over it.

That's a big 'if'. I think i've only ever had one coffee at the game in many years of going. I would say the vast majority of fans also usually buy nothing while at the game.

At the end of the day the club will have definitely been through the numbers already and will have taken all of this into account in much more detail and with much more accurate information than we have. If they are happy to have empty seats before reducing prices then that tells you all you need to know. If there was more money to be made by reducing ticket prices then they would have done it without delay.

I like the idea only because it's the start of football in general waking up to the reality that they can no longer keep ripping off the fans.

The empty seats in the bottom half of the prem can be seen on any match of the day. The bubble has well and truly burst and about time too, hence clubs like Derby desperately trying to think of ways to get people in.

Will it work ? NO, take for instance a cold wet Tuesday night in February , your teams mid table and playing against piss poor bottom half league opposition and you know in your heart you are not even going to get in the play offs. You haven't been to many games simply because you can't afford it. Do you A . shift yourself out of your warm armchair after a hard days graft just to go to a non event match for the sake of a ten quid ticket or B keep the ten quid go and buy some beer with it and listen to it on the local radio if you can be arsed ?

This is one hell of a PR stunt to raise the profile of the club and has clearly worked judging by the response on this board. Call me cynical but reading the statement from John Vicars, highlights that the devil is in the detail. He mentions that the scheme works on supply and demand similar to airlines and hotels, but then goes on to say that to protect the interests of ST holders and to encourage people to purchase tickets early the price will start out at a base price rising higher and higher closer to the event. Where this scheme will fall flat on its face is where people don't have the cash flow to purchase in advance and closer to the event decide that the price is too high. Unlike airlines and hoteliers that slash prices last minute to get bums on seats/rooms filled due to the fact that any additional revenue offsets their fixed costs, DCFC's policy to protect early purchasers will prevent this from happening. Should they go back on their word then ST holders and early purchasers will feel extremely disgruntled. My own opinion is that they are trying to put a positive spin on encouraging people to part with their cash sooner rather than later which could indicate that the club are struggling financially. It also makes me wonder what will happen when they get poor uptake early doors against the teams propping up the division and fans see the prices increasing week by week up until the game, will this have an adverse effect? It'll certainly be interesting to see how other clubs view this, and I can certainly see greedy chairman implementing the scheme elsewhere as it is very much weighted in favour of club given that the prices will still be based upon a tiered base price.

Archived