Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ford Super Sunday

Season Review DVD

The 2011/12 season review was released on Monday, just wondered if anyone else had bought it?

I was half expecing there not to be one because of how inane the season was, but I was quite surprised at how decent the final product actually is.

The review is comprehensive and doesn't miss any goals from any game. It also shows Sven in the montage and mentions him. I expected SGE to be whitewashed from the DVD and only name-checked when absolutely necessary, but it's refreshing for the club to embrace things that didn't quite go right.

More good news is that there are no generic & god-awful interviews with the players slap-bang in the middle of the review like there have been in previous seasons too. (Mainly 00/01 (Savage & Taylor) and 02/03 (Izzet & Adams).)

I thought there would be footage of the Real Madrid friendly, but there wasn't. Other than the dreadful Dave Woods on dubbed commentary it is, all in all, a very good two hour skip through the season.

Amazon had it at £12 but they have a problem with their supplier so they said mine wouldn't get here till the 23-28th of June. The club shop is doing the review for £13 plus a 10% discount if you were a 11/12 season ticket holder.

Got all our goals and highlights of the madrid game for free from the West Ham game, I think i'll stick with that ;)

If you want the low quality of footage that the free DVD has provided you with, feel free. (I appreciate this was free, and was expecting nothing less, before accusations of being ungreatful start flying around)/

The matches are proper quality, not footage which looks like it's been ripped from someones mobile phone.

It also has the WHU and Leeds game on, which, obviously, the free DVD does not.

I have the Real Madrid game, in full, in both English & Spanish language, along with the Valencia friendly and 21 other matches in the 2011/12 season shown on Sky, ESPN, BBC and North American TV

Just make sure you're not complaining if they decide not to bring one out at the end of certain seasons, like they did a few years.

If you want the low quality of footage that the free DVD has provided you with, feel free. (I appreciate this was free, and was expecting nothing less, before accusations of being ungreatful start flying around)/

The matches are proper quality, not footage which looks like it's been ripped from someones mobile phone.

It also has the WHU and Leeds game on, which, obviously, the free DVD does not.

I have the Real Madrid game, in full, in both English & Spanish language, along with the Valencia friendly and 21 other matches in the 2011/12 season shown on Sky, ESPN, BBC and North American TV

Just make sure you're not complaining if they decide not to bring one out at the end of certain seasons, like they did a few years.

Yeahh true lol

But with a poor season I think that £13 is high price.

Got it on Monday via Royal Mail (quick delivery from the club, only ordered it day before).

I'm not into all this 'Im not buying it, bad season etc', I get them every year. Has all the goals on and a few interviews. Footage of Pearson arriving, which is better than last season because they seemed to forget the switch of manager on the season review.

Good interview with Bruno Berner as well, talking about the club and his retirement. "Then the boss came running out, I was like go and talk to the players" lol

Some good memories, some bad memories as well. Can easily see some of the individual mistakes that I forgot about.

I'm not into all this 'Im not buying it, bad season etc', I get them every year. Has all the goals on and a few interviews. Footage of Pearson arriving, which is better than last season because they seemed to forget the switch of manager on the season review.

I got the 10/11 season review but that was shocking! Got it for my birthday though so didn't pay for it lol

Guest MattP

Not touching it sadly. Last thing that season deserves is more money thrown into it.

Onwards and upwards.

Spot on.

I'm completely baffled as to why anyone would spend even more of their hard earned money (or even time for that matter) being put through that again.

I'm completely baffled as to why anyone would spend even more of their hard earned money (or even time for that matter) being put through that again.

I buy them every year, regardless of where we finished. Nice to collect, and look back on.

Don't get why people who didn't buy it, post in this thread really.

Guest MattP

I buy them every year, regardless of where we finished. Nice to collect, and look back on.

Don't get why people who didn't buy it, post in this thread really.

Really? I only really revel and look back on happiness and glory, I don't see the point in dwelling on negatives and failure in life.

It's an open forum, if anyone who disagreed didn't bother posting in anything it would be a pretty boriing place.

Really? I only really revel and look back on happiness and glory, I don't see the point in dwelling on negatives and failure in life.

It's an open forum, if anyone who disagreed didn't bother posting in anything it would be a pretty boriing place.

Yeah, I've got all the reviews that have been released. Just another thing to collect really.

And, yes it is an open forum. I cannot disagree.

Got all our goals and highlights of the madrid game for free from the West Ham game, I think i'll stick with that ;)

No you didn't. Only half the games are on there.

Having watched this all the way through, it made me realise than we defo need to keep hold of Andy King.

Whilst he had a poor 2nd half of the season (as well as injury), he still looked pretty good in a number of games in the 1st half the season and lets not forget, he's a young player with potential.

Whilst he's probably not a current starter, i think we'd be foolish to let him go

Just watching it again, how many poor goals did we concede? Goals that could have been avoided, goals that were sometimes caused by individual mistakes.

Unbelievable at times.

Agreed yes. As much as i dont like to say it, we kept more clean sheets with Mills at the back by the looks of it.

I do like Morgan though

Archived