Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2012/13

Think it's another mistake tbh.

Firstly they should never have sacked Mick McCarthy (However a Wolves fan I know disagree, he said they didn't sack him early enough, fair point I suppose, however at the time they sacked McCarthy they should have just stook with him).

They should never have appointed the foreigner, forget his name and nationality.

Saunders fair enough has got them relegated but he did a good job with Doncaster in League One, and did he manage in League One before that and do ok? I can't see them appointing anyone better if i'm honest.

Wolves to be fair had a good reason to sack McCarthy the team we're drying up and it needed a freshen up but the club made a bizzare appointment, by appointing Mick McCarthy's assistant Terry Connor! how is it that taking the club forward? The club should have gone for Steve Bruce he would have kept Wolves up,

Connor was their first mistake IMO. They were in the shit when McCarthy left, and probably thought a change would arrest the slide. But they picked the wrong man to do it.

Solbakken and Saunders were further mistakes and I could never see them working out. Saunders is not as good as he thinks he is and similar to Holloway he had pelnty of time to sort things out if he was good enough. Difficult job maybe but they still had a squad that shouldn't have been relegated.

Saunders wasn't to blame for Wolves relegated it was down to their chairman Moxey, If i was Wolves I'd go for Gary Johnson of Yeovil (if they don't go up) though i can see Wolves making another poor appointment. Wouldn't rule out McLeish heading there.

Also heard Jackett has left Millwall, I can see them going down next season!

They were about 16th when he took over, and ended up 23rd. How is he not to blame?

Kenny Jackett could be a very good appointment for Wolves.

Agreed.

Jackett is a good manager, I've always liked him. He did well to get Millwall out of that league and make them a solid team in the Championship, as well as his decent job at Swansea before.

Wolves should be going for someone like him imo. Then look to get the likes of O'Hara and Johnson out of the club.

Archived