Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

Lost too many good players

Guest MattP

yes, that was a decision made by the owners. Who's to say they are willing to bankroll those wages / transfer fees again. Unless you've read something that they've said that I haven't?

Surely you can come to the conclusion on the fact it's actually bankrolled in loans to Asia Sports Investments says they are clearly not intending to fund it, also Susan Whelen has said on numerous occasions she wants the club to be self suffient within a couple of years so it doesnt take a genius to work out we are going to try and make big cuts on a £15million loss.

I don't need Michael Fish to tell me when it's raining.

Surely you can come to the conclusion on the fact it's actually bankrolled in loans to Asia Sports Investments says they are clearly not intending to fund it, also Susan Whelen has said on numerous occasions she wants the club to be self suffient within a couple of years so it doesnt take a genius to work out we are going to try and make big cuts on a £15million loss.

I don't need Michael Fish to tell me when it's raining.

all that is reasonable, but nobody has said that we need to cut costs this season, reduce player wages this season, and that we won't be shelling out on transfer fees this season.

I personally think we still need substantial investment in the right playing staff if we are going to be anywhere close to the top 2 this season. I personally think that the owners will also realise this.

Guest MattP

all that is reasonable, but nobody has said that we need to cut costs this season, reduce player wages this season, and that we won't be shelling out on transfer fees this season.

I personally think we still need substantial investment in the right playing staff if we are going to be anywhere close to the top 2 this season. I personally think that the owners will also realise this.

I disagree, I think if you have a decent manager you will get there and investment actually doesn't make that much difference, us, Middlesboro and Cardiff have been the biggest spenders recently and we couldnt get near Reading, Norwich, Swansea etc who had an excellent manager yet nothing like our funding.

I think a squad full of young hungry players with a sprinkle of experience is the key, soon as you start spending mega bucks it seems to come with lazyness, a lack of effort and players thinking they have a divine right to promotion without earning it.

I think Pearson has got rid of the right players, we need the tight back line we had when he was here before, you know the one that got us to the play-offs.... Not some individuals who think they are a class apart from everyone else...

• 2 weeks later...

Bamba for me was the epitome of the circus we've had at our club for the last 18-24 months. So I for one am glad he's gone. As my dad said one game, 'you know its desperate when the most exciting thing to happen all game is for the centre back to stumble his way up front with the ball'

Peltier- was solid at the very basic stuff at the start of the season. Went down hill after Christmas and tbh I'm suprised how quickly peoples opinion of him has changed. Especially when people on here rated Cunningham lol

Konchesky- for me the best defender at the club over the most amount of games played. SSL and Morgan are rocks too

Mills- can't stand the people on this bandwagon. Sure, he upset some people at the club, but to call him a shit defender is shocking. I thought he was brilliant. Couldn't pass for shit, buy neither can most of our players! In terms of aerial ability, and getting blocks in etc he reminded me of a poor mans John Terry.

Fans have gotta bear in mind that every player in our side will have flaws. If they were the complete round player we want them to be they wouldnt be playing for Leicester, they'd be in a top four side in the premiership

Bamba for me was the epitome of the circus we've had at our club for the last 18-24 months. So I for one am glad he's gone. As my dad said one game, 'you know its desperate when the most exciting thing to happen all game is for the centre back to stumble his way up front with the ball'

Peltier- was solid at the very basic stuff at the start of the season. Went down hill after Christmas and tbh I'm suprised how quickly peoples opinion of him has changed. Especially when people on here rated Cunningham lol

Konchesky- for me the best defender at the club over the most amount of games played. SSL and Morgan are rocks too

Mills- can't stand the people on this bandwagon. Sure, he upset some people at the club, but to call him a shit defender is shocking. I thought he was brilliant. Couldn't pass for shit, buy neither can most of our players! In terms of aerial ability, and getting blocks in etc he reminded me of a poor mans John Terry.

Fans have gotta bear in mind that every player in our side will have flaws. If they were the complete round player we want them to be they wouldnt be playing for Leicester, they'd be in a top four side in the premiership

Asking a lot there aren't you?

Especially when people on here rated Cunningham lol

:wave:

Most of the players leaving are nothing more than mediocre at best, i'm pretty sure there will be a few more arivals yet, and i would still like to see the back of Wellens and Gallagher to be honest, both a complete and utter waste of space, we can def do better...........

I think we are still have the shortest odds to win the league - so punters must be backing us. I think we will do better than last year with the new crop of players. Top 8 for definite.

I'd be surprised if that was true anywhere outside Leicestershire. As things stand, Cardiff and the three ex-Premier teams would be ahead of us.

Archived