Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

Lost too many good players

How many more top quality players are we going to ship out of this club????????????

Bamba, mills and Peltier all good players............. and who are we left with................Morgan, brilliant........... just the same type of player as pearson, but I'm afraid football has moved on and you need players with pace, ball control, skill and football intelligence.....

If all these players are being sold off because NP cannot manage them properly we have a problem..... The common factor in all these fall out's, rifts, disputes and arguments is Pearson.... He cannot seem to manage high profile players, well he better get a little more diplomatic as once and if we get into the top flight he will need to start managing players of a higher calibre and bigger reputations than the current players at the club....

It doesn’t look good for the squad.....

Thoughts....

What evidence have you seen that they are 'top quality'? You clearly watched (or didn't as the case may be) a different Leicester to me last season. How many of our fans had blue tinted specs on last season!

We were dreadful at the back, ALL season. I'm delighted that we're getting rid of these overpaid, overrated footballers.

Bamba - Exciting to watch at times but a massive liability at the back.

Mills - Massively overated and did nothing to prove his price tag.

Peltier - Looked good first half of the season but seem to give up second half of the season.

Quality = Nugent, Danns, Schmeichel, Konchesky, Marshall etc etc

How many more top quality players are we going to ship out of this club????????????

Bamba, mills and Peltier all good players............. and who are we left with................Morgan, brilliant........... just the same type of player as pearson, but I'm afraid football has moved on and you need players with pace, ball control, skill and football intelligence.....

If all these players are being sold off because NP cannot manage them properly we have a problem..... The common factor in all these fall out's, rifts, disputes and arguments is Pearson.... He cannot seem to manage high profile players, well he better get a little more diplomatic as once and if we get into the top flight he will need to start managing players of a higher calibre and bigger reputations than the current players at the club....

It doesn’t look good for the squad.....

Thoughts....

Well here is my opinion, and you aren't going to like it.

Mills and Peltier were average for us, Bamba was better than those to but was still part of an absolutely shocking defence. People can claim they had no protection, there is some merit to that argument. But having watched them play they all lacked too much. Whether as individuals and a partnership.

You call fall outs well only one of those has had a falling out from what we know, and he has a history of is as the Reading fans told us. The common factor is players with a history of being a problem at their clubs. It's nothing to do with players of ability, it's to do with players of a certain attitude. He simply wouldn't sign people who didn't have the right character. There are many managers out there who do the same, or who shit out players who develop one.

As for slating Morgan, whilst not faultless it seemed pretty clear to me (and many others by the sounds of it) that he was our best defender over the second part of last season. His positioning and composure was far better than any of the other three centre backs managed to produce. As for pace, no he's not the quickest, but his positioning gains him a few yards and his strength holds players off. He doesn't go missing either.

How can you say what does or doesn't look good for the squad when clearly there will be other players coming in, when we've got out what we want.

I think the main reason for last season poor results was the change in manager, the back four we had was premiership standard.....

A Hudderfield left back, a bloke from Hibs, a player with no better record than Morgan and Konchesky. The only one remotely close to premier league class.

If these guys are so good why do you think we're just getting crap offers from Leeds and Turkish clubs!

Peltier has none of the skills you just said a player needs, he is no loss and I don't believe Konchesky will be either. If we get a million for him that would be great business, he's on the way out.

Apart from that I'm in some agreement, Pearson can't handle any player with a bigger ego than his, leaving a small group of players to choose from.

Mills - Worst defender since Gerrbrand

Peltier - Sad about this, good player

Bamba - Thought he would leave, so not surprised

Just Peltier I am disappointed about, we will probably get Rosenior as a replacement which I don't want, but it's Pearson's choice and not mine.

Guest MattP

I think the main reason for last season poor results was the change in manager, the back four we had was premiership standard.....

Is there any limit to how ridiculous some people can make themselves look?

Our defence was a shambles and if it wasn't for our Goalkeeper winning player of the year for getting us out the sh*t so many times it would have looked even worse.

Bamba was a joke, Peltier had a good month before everyone found out he can't defend and Mills was just Mills.

Was meant for this thread :blush:

FFP is one thing, but I believe Pearson has had his mind up on a few of these exits for a long time. Pearson has long been known to have well organised teams and a tight knit defence. The frustration in Pearson was clear to see when game after game the players would let him down with such basic errors or ill discipline. Players on potentialy premier wages not able to transfer his tactics onto the field of play, whether it be down to egos or just lack of a decent footballing brain, i'm sure he'd made his mind up about who he could work with or not for the coming season.

He has to manage the attitude of top players, that’s a fact, all great managers have had to have the ability to do this..... I think Pearson had a sniff that there was a conspiracy to get rid of him, that’s why he is shipping out all these players... It’s the same set of players who got Sven the axe..

Thank God that we still have top quality players like Wellens...............................???????????????

He has to manage the attitude of top players, that’s a fact, all great managers have had to have the ability to do this..... I think Pearson had a sniff that there was a conspiracy to get rid of him, that’s why he is shipping out all these players... It’s the same set of players who got Sven the axe..

Where the actual **** have you got that little gem of information from? Ridiculous

He has to manage the attitude of top players, that’s a fact all great managers have to have the ability to do this..... I think Pearson had a sniff that there was a conspiracy to get rid of him, that’s why he is shipping out all these players... It’s the same set of players who got Sven the axe..

So you think we should keep players who are constantly trying to get our managers sacked?

Archived