Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

Lost too many good players

Bamba and Peltier im not too fussed about, but Mills has the potential to be one of the best centre halfs in the championship we shouldnt be loaning him out especially to a promotion rival

look what happened when pearson decided to loan out DJ Campbell and sell Gradel to leeds for 200k I can see the OP's point to be honest

Yes Campbell a player who failed to do anything for us under about 4 managers, we should have kept him on the books to again be shit for us for even longer.

Gradel WANTED to go, and it took him a few years to progress even after he left. We were in the top 4 when he was loaned out remember, and Pearson said he wanted to keep him.

Bamba and Peltier im not too fussed about, but Mills has the potential to be one of the best centre halfs in the championship we shouldnt be loaning him out especially to a promotion rival

look what happened when pearson decided to loan out DJ Campbell and sell Gradel to leeds for 200k I can see the OP's point to be honest

What did happen?

How many more top quality players are we going to ship out of this club????????????

Bamba, mills and Peltier all good players............. and who are we left with................Morgan, brilliant........... just the same type of player as pearson, but I'm afraid football has moved on and you need players with pace, ball control, skill and football intelligence.....

If all these players are being sold off because NP cannot manage them properly we have a problem..... The common factor in all these fall out's, rifts, disputes and arguments is Pearson.... He cannot seem to manage high profile players, well he better get a little more diplomatic as once and if we get into the top flight he will need to start managing players of a higher calibre and bigger reputations than the current players at the club....

It doesn’t look good for the squad.....

Thoughts....

"Good" players..I will assume you have had a bang on the head and are suffering from amnesia, we were s h i t e last season, nobody is safe, and thats the way it should be..the big ego's and legends in their own minds must go...stop knocking and give the manager a chance.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry for airing my views

once again I have a different opinion to that of the majority and I'm being lambasted for it.....

Did you or did you not ask for thoughts ? well now you have got some live with it.

It's not the 'to many good players' that bothers me as that pretty subjective anyway and rarely gets agreement, it's having the majority of the team being new again what does that do for consistency and teamwork plus I've only just managed to put names to the faces of the new players we had last year.

Pearson didn't decide to sell Gradel to Leeds, he specifically authorised transfer to overseas/non-rivals it was Manderic/Hoos went behind his back & was one of the many problems NP had with them pair.

Not sure on DJ, but he was woeful for us so it wasn't really our loss even though it was someone else's gain.

What a difference a year makes,Maynard 7m etc.Its not NP fault that he now has to cut the wage bill,but the owners have to realise that the championship is stronger than last year,if we have to sell Konch or JB as well it is not realistic to expect promotion let a loan a better position than 9th.

We leaked too many goals last season, something needed doing defensively. We used to be mean at the back last season we gave goals away away much to cheaply.

I agree but feel that that something was already at the club in the form of a back four of Pantsil, Mills, SSL, Konchesky

We leaked too many goals last season, something needed doing defensively. We used to be mean at the back last season we gave goals away away much to cheaply.

^This. We cant just keep the same back four and hope for the best.

It's not the 'to many good players' that bothers me as that pretty subjective anyway and rarely gets agreement, it's having the majority of the team being new again what does that do for consistency and teamwork plus I've only just managed to put names to the faces of the new players we had last year.

It's down to the all-too-regular management changes at the club.

Naturally a new manager will want his own players, and with the regularity of managerial change, this happens almost every summer, and most winters.

Even now we are not sure about how long Pearson will be here, so possibly in January we may see wholesale personnel changes.

If we said that a manager, no matter what (barring a catastrophic season) was here for 3 years or so then I'm sure we'd have a more settled squad.

Archived