Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RGFox

Taking under 2's to matches...opinions?

Theres a difference between being an avid fan and being abit dim.

(P.S I have a 3 year old and i would never contemplate taking her to football until she too is stupid enough!!!)

My 18 month old would love it. I really can't see a problem taking a young kid to the game.

I could imagine that over 2 years I should have to buy an infant ticket or something, and from 4+ they have to have their own seat.

And all those complaining about sitting next to kids, they should be restricted to the family stand, and if you dont want to sit in the family stand, then don't. Simple.

My 18 month old would love it. I really can't see a problem taking a young kid to the game.

I could imagine that over 2 years I should have to buy an infant ticket or something, and from 4+ they have to have their own seat.

And all those complaining about sitting next to kids, they should be restricted to the family stand, and if you dont want to sit in the family stand, then don't. Simple.

Why would she love an evening match in November when its freezing,wet and the games as shite as most are???

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I don't mind people taking there kids as long as they are in the family stand, I sit in C2 and I go to the football to vent my anger and release some stress, feel like I have to watch my language if sat next to a 4 year old, plus really does my head in when they are sat behind you kicking your seat, I went to my first game at 10 which looking back was about the right age.

I am an old git with 5 kids. Basically needs must!!! I have found with my kids that aged 5/6 is when they can go to the game and be interested enough to enjoy the experience themselves for the whole game. But I am not going to pass judgement on parents that feel a younger/older age is more apprpriate for their regular attendance., it really is up to you.

Having said that.... I remember taking my son to a game when he was 6 months old, at filbert street in the kop. I held him the whole game. basically the wife was elsewhere and I didn't want to miss the game.

Ok Report me.

Come on Leicester, Come on Leicester

I agree that people should be able to take children to football at any age, although babes in arms is stretching it a bit. It comes down to their choices as a parent in the end.

However, what does concern me is those kids who are taken to football because parents are keen for them to become a supporter, but hate it because they aren't old enough to appreciate what is going on, and then subsequently when they are old enough, choose not to go because of previous poor experiences.

I first went to Filbert Street when I was about 9, at an age when I was interested in collecting football cards, looking at the sport section in the paper and being interested in watching football on the telly. I took my son to football for the first time when he was about the same age and he had begun to show interest in the game as a whole and he loves it now.

I agree that people should be able to take children to football at any age, although babes in arms is stretching it a bit. It comes down to their choices as a parent in the end.

However, what does concern me is those kids who are taken to football because parents are keen for them to become a supporter, but hate it because they aren't old enough to appreciate what is going on, and then subsequently when they are old enough, choose not to go because of previous poor experiences.

I first went to Filbert Street when I was about 9, at an age when I was interested in collecting football cards, looking at the sport section in the paper and being interested in watching football on the telly. I took my son to football for the first time when he was about the same age and he had begun to show interest in the game as a whole and he loves it now.

Taking them when they start to show an interest in the game is the right time to do it. Much more chance of them becoming the City fans we all want them to be.

I have a 2 year old son and wouldnt dream of taking him to the footy yet, not just the the fact he can't sit still for 30 seconds, but you would miss half the match while he needs changing ect, I would also feel bad for anyone sitting near us as the last thing you want is a 2 year old playing up behind you all game, I get pissed of with the 10 year old who always seems to be behind me kicking the back of my seat for 90mins! Although I fully intend to take him to lcfc games when he's a bit older and can understand what's going on!

The problem with young kids is their attention span. They get bored very quickly then they start moving around figiting, then kicking the back of your seat. They go for a pee 4 times a game interrupting your Viewing pleasure then only really seem interested in the half time hot dog, atleast 5+ in my eyes, I was about that age when I started and i was well behaved cuz I was actually interested in the game and the club.

The problem with young kids is their attention span. They get bored very quickly then they start moving around figiting, then kicking the back of your seat. They go for a pee 4 times a game interrupting your Viewing pleasure then only really seem interested in the half time hot dog, atleast 5+ in my eyes, I was about that age when I started and i was well behaved cuz I was actually interested in the game and the club.

I've sat near adults that are very similar to that, fighting, going to the bogs every 5 minutes, coming in late, going early at half time to get their beer and burger, coming back in late, leaving early oh and exploding saliva onto the top of my head when they get pissed off with Wellens, Beckford, Dyer, Gallagher and any one else who is isn't flavour of the month and there interest in the game has little to do with the football being played.

interesting debate, with Mrs Carlito now being pregnant i have started to think about this sort of thing. I think 5+ is sensible generally speaking, however in a previous life i took my children from my first marriage when they were around 1 to their first game, in fact my eldest daughter had been to 30 plus games by the time she was 6 or 7 ish. Think it is down to the child and the parenting skills of whoever is taking them

interesting debate, with Mrs Carlito now being pregnant i have started to think about this sort of thing. I think 5+ is sensible generally speaking, however in a previous life i took my children from my first marriage when they were around 1 to their first game, in fact my eldest daughter had been to 30 plus games by the time she was 6 or 7 ish. Think it is down to the child and the parenting skills of whoever is taking them

Congratulations buddy.

Probably same problem with older fans. Have to wear nappys and want a piss at the wrong time.

I don't know about the rules but I would not want to have a hild under about 8 with me and then trying to keep an eye or hold on to them as I'm leaving the ground with 2000 plus others and then walking back to a car or bus in amongst the crowd. If you cared about the health and safety of the child that would be your first concern and any doubts then would not take them.

But seriously leave them in the capable hands of the mothers until they understand what football is or they come home from school wearing a Man Utd scarf.

Archived