Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RGFox

Taking under 2's to matches...opinions?

I agree. If I remember correctly he even went on the moan in to complain about it.

Jesus. Some people... Can't they hear themselves?

With Waghorn back in the reckoning, there's no way I'd take a child under 10 - likely to get his face smashed in, unless he sits behind the goal !!!!!

lol.

I can see why they're annoyed at the club, banning under 2s on health and safety grounds is ridiculous, but I don't see the point of taking kids that young to a football match. They won't get anything out of it, certainly wont remember it and will spend most of the time crying or running around making a general nuisance of themselves like some of the slightly older kids. I think fans should drop young kids off at their grandparents if they're able to, they'll be glad to see them and it wont cost a penny. Take them to matches when they're older

I can see why they're annoyed at the club, banning under 2s on health and safety grounds is ridiculous, but I don't see the point of taking kids that young to a football match. They won't get anything out of it, certainly wont remember it and will spend most of the time crying or running around making a general nuisance of themselves like some of the slightly older kids. I think fans should drop young kids off at their grandparents if they're able to, they'll be glad to see them and it wont cost a penny. Take them to matches when they're older

It's because they'd been let down by babysitters and thought the best solution was to take him to matches.

Also little kids cry. Do you really want to watch a game with a small kid yelling in your ear? Can you guarantee that they won't cry?

I doubt it's any worse than listening to morons whose every other word is a swear word and can't barely string two coherent sentences together.

Goo goo ga ga slurp = FO Wellens :P

It's because they'd been let down by babysitters and thought the best solution was to take him to matches.

They make no mention of the children's grandparents, where they are or why they can't take care of the youngest child. Grandparents quite often get overlooked for babysitting duties when it's often the best option. Saying the whole family isn't going to go unless the club changes it's policy is a bit ridiculous and they're just trying to emotionally blackmail the club. What's wrong with the parents taking it in turns to stay home and look after the child?

They make no mention of the children's grandparents, where they are or why they can't take care of the youngest child. Grandparents quite often get overlooked for babysitting duties when it's often the best option. Saying the whole family isn't going to go unless the club changes it's policy is a bit ridiculous and they're just trying to emotionally blackmail the club. What's wrong with the parents taking it in turns to stay home and look after the child?

why don't you just look up the family tree for them, they may not have any grandparents to call on (out of my parents and my outlaws, only one is able to babysit and we can hardly ask every week), if they want to take the kid to the football I really don't see the issue, I'm still in 2 minds as to taking my 2 year old next year, but if they are happy with doing it then i don't think it's an issue

Took my lad when he was 5 and he was bored,more interested in the police chucking out Bristol Rovers fans,next time took his Nintendo DS and sorted,he watched most of the game then went on his console.

He doesn't go now as I have banned him,his best mate has a season ticket with his dad for posh and he said he supports them now.so I won't take him until he changes his allegiance.

why don't you just look up the family tree for them, they may not have any grandparents to call on (out of my parents and my outlaws, only one is able to babysit and we can hardly ask every week), if they want to take the kid to the football I really don't see the issue, I'm still in 2 minds as to taking my 2 year old next year, but if they are happy with doing it then i don't think it's an issue

The issue isn't about whether they should take him, the clubs policy is kids under 2 are not allowed, on health & safety grounds which i've already stated is ridiculous. They've gone to the papers to make their situation look as bad as possible and to try to force the club to change their policy by saying none of them can go unless it's changed which is total BS. I brought up the grandparents because they're not mentioned and i've gave a perfectly reasonable solution of one of them staying at home to look after the child till he's 2 and they can take him. If you wish to take your 2 year old with you, feel free but I don't see the point

Personally I think there's not much worse than a bored, crying kid sitting near next to me at football matches. I go to footy to watch the game, to have a couple of overly priced beers and to shout obscenities at Jermaine Beckford (jokin....)

Seriously, I think kids should be banned at footy until they are old enough to have their own seat, sit still and behave their bloody selves.

I also believe that parents who want to take their little kids to football should also be banned.

lol

Personally I think there's not much worse than a bored, crying kid sitting near next to me at football matches. I go to footy to watch the game, to have a couple of overly priced beers and to shout obscenities at Jermaine Beckford (jokin....)

Seriously, I think kids should be banned at footy until they are old enough to have their own seat, sit still and behave their bloody selves.

I also believe that parents who want to take their little kids to football should also be banned.

lol

My 2 year old will have to have her own seat, a whole £15 pounds worth of seat Bargin :trumpet: Oh and she will be buying rounds hers may have to be a fruitshoot, although the lost bar is not over priced. And if she wishes to shout abuse at beckford, wellens etc then what the hell.Where do you sit so I can come park her next to you :P

My 2 year old will have to have her own seat, a whole £15 pounds worth of seat Bargin :trumpet: Oh and she will be buying rounds hers may have to be a fruitshoot, although the lost bar is not over priced. And if she wishes to shout abuse at beckford, wellens etc then what the hell.Where do you sit so I can come park her next to you :P

lol

Nice one mate...as long as she sits quietly and don't keep pestering for a hot dog or a bag of monster munch she's alright...

lol

On a serious note, I started taking my son down to the footy when he was about ten. This coincided with him starting to play for Blaby and Whetstone ie. when he was at an age when he could really start to appreciate the game, how it's played and how to spot a good player etc. Hes continued to be a season ticket holder ever since.

Until this age he was more interested in his Play Station 2 and all that gubbins.

Basically, I started to take him down when HE wanted to start going... Not because I wanted him to tag along with me.

Took my lad when he was 5 and he was bored,more interested in the police chucking out Bristol Rovers fans,next time took his Nintendo DS and sorted,he watched most of the game then went on his console.

He doesn't go now as I have banned him,his best mate has a season ticket with his dad for posh and he said he supports them now.so I won't take him until he changes his allegiance.

Blimey, losing out on a supporter to Peterborough :o

lol

Nice one mate...as long as she sits quietly and don't keep pestering for a hot dog or a bag of monster munch she's alright...

lol

On a serious note, I started taking my son down to the footy when he was about ten. This coincided with him starting to play for Blaby and Whetstone ie. when he was at an age when he could really start to appreciate the game, how it's played and how to spot a good player etc. Hes continued to be a season ticket holder ever since.

Until this age he was more interested in his Play Station 2 and all that gubbins.

Basically, I started to take him down when HE wanted to start going... Not because I wanted him to tag along with me.

My little girl asks every saturday where i'm going and when i explain ,she wants to come, so i thought for the price it cost me it was worth having her registered and i will take her to a game early in the season, knowing she may not like it as it's more just she wants to follow me around. but a hotdog and a pack of mini chedders should her ok, but once she has done it i'm pretty sure it will be the end of the season before she want's to go again, i have a few other mates in the same boat, whos kids are 5 or 6 so they will use it once or twice a season as well. just to see they get on.frankly i expect it to be a waste of a seat if i'm being honest, but i just think if someone wants to take a kid then fine, but i will accept if she hates it then thats it, i wouldn't inflict a miserable child on someone every fortnight as i wouldn't want the same done to me.

My lad went to a few saturday matches each season since the age of four - always with a similar age friend which stopped the boredom.

Last season he got his first season ticket at 8 but that was only because I'vd been working away alot.

There was a lad at the end if our row for a few saturday matches who looked about 3, he was well in to it, swinging his scarf like a good 'un

Archived