Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RGFox

Taking under 2's to matches...opinions?

Just read an article on thebluearmy site...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Baby-ban-blues-Leicester-City-fan/story-16455775-detail/story.html

With a 7-month old, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking him until he's atleast 3-4 years old.

Too much hassle in my opinion, feeding/changing him, all the stuff you need to take, probably miss chunks of the match.

What do other FTers think?

Prob gonna get slated by all the dads of young kids out there, but taking kids that young to footy matches is utterly ridiculous IMO.

What are they gonna get out of it, other than complete boredom and then they will start crying and all that silly nonsense.

Then again, I'm not really a fan of 'family football' anyway.

I was brought up with working class men and Pen 1.

Bloody kids!!

lol

When it's a 0-0 bore draw with Burnley I wanted to go home after 5 minutes. I couldn't imagine what a two year old must feel like.

Happy that he/she hasn't a clue what's going on and thankful they aren't signed up to Foxestalk for the after match comments.

One of the blokes I go with took his five year old for the first time towards the end of last season, and I think the main emotions the little lad felt were boredom and fear, so a broader range of feelings than the rest of us get to enjoy

To be fair I took my 13 year old sister to the Real Madrid game (to prove that we are MASSIVE) and she was scared by the noise. Granted there is a first time for everything. I remember going when I was 4+ and some of the games did scare me then. Forrest away wondering why they hated us so much then I realized that we hated them too. Coventry when you could still smoke in the ground and that I couldn't see because there was everyone standing up.

Fondest away game when I was a nipper was Burnley away when I got to wear my police uniform there. I think I was about 6 but even then at Filbo when watching the Arsenal's, Man U's, Chelsea's and Liverpool's of the time I was still bored/scared stiff half the time.

To be fair I took my 13 year old sister to the Real Madrid game (to prove that we are MASSIVE) and she was scared by the noise. Granted there is a first time for everything. I remember going when I was 4+ and some of the games did scare me then. Forrest away wondering why they hated us so much then I realized that we hated them too. Coventry when you could still smoke in the ground and that I couldn't see because there was everyone standing up.

Fondest away game when I was a nipper was Burnley away when I got to wear my police uniform there. I think I was about 6 but even then at Filbo when watching the Arsenal's, Man U's, Chelsea's and Liverpool's of the time I was still bored/scared stiff half the time.

I was about 16 for my first game, and with the constant fear of having my bollocks crushed on one of those barriers on the terrace and the coins pinging off the mesh in between us and the Tranmere fans, I was bloody terrified.

Probably wouldn't have taken a baby to that one

I took my daughter when she was 2 and she loves it! Although she is more interested in spotting where Filbert is than the match itself! She does join in with the clapping on so on tho... She'll be coming to more matches this year too.

Happy that he/she hasn't a clue what's going on and thankful they aren't signed up to Foxestalk for the after match comments.

I think Davie picked up on the point i was going to make - The Kid wont have a clue whats going on.

But is that such a bad thing? The guy mentioned that they decided to take him to the games for THEIR benefit - as he kept on missing games due to being let down by baby sitters.

The baby doesnt really care, he's happy to pay the money and him and his kids get to see the game. Everyones happy. Not such a bad thing really is it?

The thing that really Irks me is that the club blatantly lied to him. Trying to blame the council for the two year old rule and they have embarassed themselves here because he checked the rule out.

There's no risk to the kid, I mean perhaps I wouldn't hold a baby in my arms at the top of K amongst the standers (seen it done) but if you're in any part of the ground that sits then there's no danger. And as for the "noise" - well just sit in the family stand or the west stand (or the far end of the east stand... or most of the Kop), and noise is hardly going to be an issue is it?

But I do agree that it's probably kinda pointless as the kid's not gonna know what's going on. Also if the little ****er starts bawling his eyes out, and is sat near someone as completely intolerant of crying children like me, then it's not gonna go down very well...

I personally wouldn't take a child under 2. But if he wants to do it then I don't see why the club should stand in his way. He points out that the Tigers and Cov allow it, so it is not against the law. If it means the whole family not going for the sake of it then the club should respect his freedom and let him take them all.

Surely thats classed as child abuse.

Taking anyone to watch City is a terrible crime.

Subjecting a kid to that shite has to be worthy of a stretch in jail.

Surely thats classed as child abuse.

Taking anyone to watch City is a terrible crime.

Subjecting a kid to that shite has to be worthy of a stretch in jail.

Lucky that the kids are too young to know what's going on, otherwise it very well could be. At least over the last two seasons!

There was a chap on here a few years ago who was turned away by the club when he tried to get his 2 month old baby in. If anyone does want to take a baby in I'd check with the club first.

There was a chap on here a few years ago who was turned away by the club when he tried to get his 2 month old baby in. If anyone does want to take a baby in I'd check with the club first.

Two months? That's... well... wow.

Pretty silly.

Archived