Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

The best of the 60s

Got to No 1 in 1961, Brother of Peter Sarstedt who got to No 1 in 1969 with Where do you go to my lovely.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Good.....but 1980s?!?

That performance maybe but...

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" is a song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for Motown Records in 1966. The first recording of the song to be released was produced by Whitfield for Gladys Knight & the Pips and released as a single in September 1967; it went to number two in the Billboard chart.

The Miracles first recorded the song on August 16, 1966[1] and included their version on their 1968 album, Special Occasion. The Marvin Gaye version was placed on his 1968 album In the Groove, where it gained the attention of radio disc jockeys, and Motown founder Berry Gordy finally agreed to its release as a single in October 1968, when it went to the top of the Billboard Pop Singles chart for seven weeks from December 1968 to January 1969 and became for a time the biggest hit single on the Motown label (Tamla).

Marvin Gaye
Chart (1968–69) Peak
position
Australia (Go-Set Top 40)[46] 40
Canadian RPM Top Singles[47] 8
France (SNEP)[48] 88
Ireland (IRMA)[49] 7
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[50] 25
South African Chart[51] 3
UK (Official Charts Company)[52] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[53] 1
US Billboard Hot R&B Singles[53] 1
US Cash Box Top 100[54] 1

,,,,and I definitely heard it in my youth.

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

That performance maybe but...

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" is a song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for Motown Records in 1966. The first recording of the song to be released was produced by Whitfield for Gladys Knight & the Pips and released as a single in September 1967; it went to number two in the Billboard chart.

The Miracles first recorded the song on August 16, 1966[1] and included their version on their 1968 album, Special Occasion. The Marvin Gaye version was placed on his 1968 album In the Groove, where it gained the attention of radio disc jockeys, and Motown founder Berry Gordy finally agreed to its release as a single in October 1968, when it went to the top of the Billboard Pop Singles chart for seven weeks from December 1968 to January 1969 and became for a time the biggest hit single on the Motown label (Tamla).

Marvin Gaye
Chart (1968–69) Peak
position
Australia (Go-Set Top 40)[46] 40
Canadian RPM Top Singles[47] 8
France (SNEP)[48] 88
Ireland (IRMA)[49] 7
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[50] 25
South African Chart[51] 3
UK (Official Charts Company)[52] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[53] 1
US Billboard Hot R&B Singles[53] 1
US Cash Box Top 100[54] 1

,,,,and I definitely heard it in my youth.

"I heard it through the grapevine" is definitely 60s......but you posted "Sexual healing". ;)

Not complaining - both great songs!

• Like 1

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

"I heard it through the grapevine" is definitely 60s......but you posted "Sexual healing". ;)

Not complaining - both great songs!

I get you now, I don't know how that happened because I definitely posted grapevine but it seemed to change, I also posted the Brokenhearted song if you look now they've gone back to Grapevine / Brokenhearted.

Saw it late last night and came on this morning expecting to change it  - damn weird? :dunno:

Sexual healing never crossed my mind, too old for that :P

• Haha 1