Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

The best of the 60s

3 hours ago, RTFishall said:

I thought I'd attached a video to my previous reply but don't see it.  It was Walk Away Renee by The Four Tops anyway.

Could you sing a bit of it for us?

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 18:21, davieG said:

In the 60's you could have enjoyed these in Hinckley

Image may contain: text that says "nts See Yourself ematics HINCKLEY TIMES FRIDAY NOVEMBER 1965 St. George's Saturday, November 6th FANTASTICSTAECORD RADID THE WHO 7.30-11.45 MIKE THE PLANETS THE JONES'S TICKET 7.30-10.30 Sunday, November 7,30-10,30 SUNDAY CLUBPRESENT THE MATADORS Licensed Members Thursday, November 11th TEEN-BEA PRESENTS Admission2 SATURDAY, NOVEMBER THE MOJOS SATURDAY NOVEMBER THE MOODY BLUES SATURDAY, NOVEMBER MIKE BERRY Plus HEINZ SUNDAY, 8.0-10.30 p.m., DANCE DATE WE LEAD! OTHERS FOLLOW! Annabelle's, Castle Street Spesiatista) ZORBA'S DANCE class Come"

Image may contain: text that says "HINCKLEY TIMES FRIDAY FEBRUARY 1966 St. George's Ballroom, Hinckley Saturday, February 5th RETURN VISIT THE SMALL FACES Tickets Now Door12/6 Sunday, February 6th SUNDAY PRESENTS THE PIPS Thursday, February 10th TEEN-BEAT NIGHT PRESENTS THE PRIVILEGED FEW Admission Licensed Bars FEBRU 12th MELODY MAKERS TIP FOR THE ACTION SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19th Pinkertons (Asst) Colours SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26th YING TONG SATURDAY, MARCH 5th THE BIRDS and Mark Leeman Five"

Image may contain: text that says "HINCKLEY TIMES FRIDAY MARCH 1963 GEORGE BALLROOM HINCKLEY TOMORROW SATURDAY 7.30 p.m. till 11.45 p.m. THE COUNTRY'S TOP GROUP THE "TREMELOES" THE "TREMELOES" Plus "BO'S NOTATION" "DOUBLE FEATURE" SCRUBBY TOMMY T AND THE GAME Tickets available at the usual agencies, PLUS FREE transport to all distriots including Nuneaton and Bedworth AND BARGAIN TIME AT EASTER Morning Session till 1.30 p.m. THE "MAGAZINE" Monday Night p.m. a.m. (Bar Midnight) GROUPS Only 6/- 6/- 6/-"

Image may contain: text that says "THE HINCKLEY TIMES FRIDAY OCTOBER 1965 8-11.45 St. Ceorge' Ballroom Hinckley Saturday, October 16th 8-11.45 THE ZOMBIES Licensed Bars THE TRENDMEN 8-10.30 Admission 8/6 Monday, October 18th 8-10.30 TEEN-BEAT PRESENTS MIKE AND THE PLANETS Licensed Admission 8-10.30 Thursday, October 21st -10.30 Licensed TEEN-BEAT PRENSENTS THE FORTUNE TELLERS Admission 2/6 SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23rd UNIT FOUR PLUS TWO SATURDAY, CTOBER JOHNNY KIDD & The Pirates SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6th THE WHO TICKETS NOW SALE SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13th THE MOJOS"

Image may contain: text that says "THE HINCKLEY TIMES FRIDAY JANUARY 19 1968 ST. GEORGE'S 8-11.45 SATURDAY, JANUARY 20th CLAYTON HAZE AND ADRIAN'S PEOPLE ADMISSION SATURDAY, JANUARY 27th 8-11.45 SIMON DUPREE AND THE BIG SOUND ALSO THE DECOYS TICKETS 10/- AT DOOR 12/6 TICKETS NOW ON SALE"

It's crazy my Mum and Dad tell about famous acts they saw in small venues at places like Swadlincote:D.  I guess they just didn't have the venues we have today and there was a circuit a lot of the artists had to go on.  I like also the fact you could see various bands all on the same bill.

Edited by purpleronnie

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's crazy my Mum and Dad tell about famous acts they saw in small venues at places like Swadlincote:D.  I guess they just didn't have the venues we have today and there was a circuit a lot of the artists had to go on.  I like also the fact you could see various bands all on the same bill.

It was probably the best way to push their disc sales as there weren't many options on the radio or tv then especially the early 60s

• Like 1

On 25/07/2020 at 20:01, Free Falling Foxes said:

Thought I would post these after todays news that Peter Green has died. :(

People bang on about Fleetwood Mac, particularly Rumours (which I have and it is really good record), but I prefer their early stuff when Peter Green was there.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

No 1 from 1963.  When I first heard it I thought it was The Shadows.

Ex-Shadows so they sort of where.

Used to buy the NME regularly. That NME Winners Concert used to be massive, shows you how the internet has changed things.

• Like 3