Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Worried by strength of the Championship

It's the lack of quality that's our problem.

We get dragged down to the level of the lower clubs when we play them, and therefore struggle to beat them. The teams that do well generally beat the bottom half sides.

There's nothing to fear more this year than other years, we need to be better mentally and we'll improve.

It's the lack of quality that's our problem.

We get dragged down to the level of the lower clubs when we play them, and therefore struggle to beat them. The teams that do well generally beat the bottom half sides.

There's nothing to fear more this year than other years, we need to be better mentally and we'll improve.

This

Yes that wasn't clear... I meant 'strengthened after selling' eg Yakubu/Hoilett out...Murphy, Best in etc.. I didnt mean 'strengthened per se' of course.

Do you really believe that these three teams won't be strong in the Championship? I admire your optimism but I can't see, given the CURRENT squads available that City can be made favourites over any of the three relegated sides.

Neither optimistic or pessimistic I've given up on both of them I'm indifferent as to how the league will span out so adopt a wait and see even then the beginning can be completely different to the end.

Exactly what I expect from Leicester this season.

We all expect but never get...I miss the underdog tag we had none of this favourites bollocks, expectations, hype get back to how we used to grind out results through hard work.

Any transfer rumours today? Also Pearson loves a Target Man as a Plan B or sometimes A :) who will he bring to replace Howard? Any thoughts?

If its not a contradiction in terms I don't think the league will be as strong as people think but it will be very even - Wolves and Blackburn both have dodgy managers,Bolton have bought Mills,promoted teams are not as strong as Soton etc from the year before, etc etc

Leeds,Brum,Boro,Cardiff,Brighton etc weren't great last year,none of them spanked us and they haven't strengthened significatly so not too afraid of them

I'm not saying we will win the league but I don't think we really need to fear anyone in particular and a real dark horse could well spring a suprise ( Burnley ? )

As menioned elsewhere team spirit could well be the deciding factor

people say that every year and every year the league shows anyone can beat anyone

If it is that strong why is it the only league where the promoted teams dont struggle and often go straight through and hopeless premier sides like West Ham go straight back

Last season, we were made favourites to get promotion. We failed (to some either quite clearly or miserably).

So thanks to sheer inverted logic, I'd much rather start off a new season with less expectations, but more solid play and decent results.

The underdog label has always worked well for Leicester, so be it.

I agree that our defense i particular looks rather unpredictable (since partly new and shuffled around), but hey - where's the fun in the Championship if it weren't so unpredictable?

Onwards and upwards.

Archived