Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Players contracts?

Why are we having to pay players off who are signing for other clubs? it happened with mills and now it's happening with peltier. I thought you only do that when you release them.

Where does it say we are paying them off?

I didn't think we did, but I'd imagine if Peltier is getting offered less money at Leeds he's try and get the balance of his contract with us paid to him. e.g.:

Contract with us: £20,000

Leeds offer: £15,000

Contract length left: 2 years

Payoff from us: £520k (£20k-£15k) x no of weeks left on contract

Then Pelts would negotiate how much of the £520k we pay him

But then I have completely made that up...

He is understood to be in the process of negotiating a settlement of that contract, a complication which delayed Matt Mills’ recent transfer from Leicester to Bolton.

http://m.yorkshireev...hites-1-4799495

Well it's all speculation anyway, if true it could be he's taking a drop in wages or as in the Mills situation it's LCFC trying to get rid rather than him wanting to go, just a thought.

It explains why it took so long for mills to leave and now the same for peltier. Ive never heard of this before. Makes me think it was an added part of there contracts here. But then we were paying pantsil 20 odd thousand a week and the same for Michael Johnson so it doesn't surprise me.

It alludes to this severance package in the Merc as well

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-defender-Lee-Peltier-brink-switch/story-16641986-detail/story.html

The 25-year-old, who played in Wednesday night's friendly victory at Burton Albion, will then have to negotiate the details of a pay-off from City before joining Neil Warnock's squad.

I didn't think we did, but I'd imagine if Peltier is getting offered less money at Leeds he's try and get the balance of his contract with us paid to him. e.g.:

Contract with us: £20,000

Leeds offer: £15,000

Contract length left: 2 years

Payoff from us: £520k (£20k-£15k) x no of weeks left on contract

Then Pelts would negotiate how much of the £520k we pay him

But then I have completely made that up...

Absolutely right. In Pelts case City will prob have offered about 200-250k and obviously he'll want the 500k so a compromise of about 350-400k is prob what will happen. The reason I know this is that I'm good mates with Matt Heath and he was in a similar position when he left City although it was much less money obviously.

I don't pretend to be ITK but I'm pretty sure this happens quite a lot in football and isn't that unusual - especially when it's teams who have splurged big money on big wages (City / Leeds / Man City). The reason Adebayor won't join Spurs is that he thinks he's entitled to the £4 million transfer fee as compo for taking a 50% drop in wages.

Absolutely right. In Pelts case City will prob have offered about 200-250k and obviously he'll want the 500k so a compromise of about 350-400k is prob what will happen. The reason I know this is that I'm good mates with Matt Heath and he was in a similar position when he left City although it was much less money obviously.

I don't pretend to be ITK but I'm pretty sure this happens quite a lot in football and isn't that unusual - especially when it's teams who have splurged big money on big wages (City / Leeds / Man City). The reason Adebayor won't join Spurs is that he thinks he's entitled to the £4 million transfer fee as compo for taking a 50% drop in wages.

That's spot on although the compromised amount isn't given in a lump sum, it's usually spread over the number of yrs the player has left on his contract.

I know that Mills is still getting paid by us even no he's left....this was the reason the deal took so long to complete.

Well they wanted the prem dream maybe they were a bit naive to expect it to happen instantly and chucking money wasn't the answer but they have probably learnt their lesson.

What's the best way to make a small fortune ? Start with a big one and buy a football club !! (apologies)

The Thais haven't "borrowed" money. They have loaned their own personal money to the holding company that owns the club so they essentially owe themselves...

at 8% !!!!! massive concern !! "own personal money" ? dont think so , surely you know THEY cant lose out ? this is business , open your eyes !!

Why are we having to pay players off who are signing for other clubs? it happened with mills and now it's happening with peltier. I thought you only do that when you release them.

'pay off' is when player is to be on less money than the former club.. Did this on fm2012 but not seen this though.. But Leeds don't wanna play Leicester value '£850,000'

'pay off' is when player is to be on less money than the former club.. Did this on fm2012 but not seen this though.. But Leeds don't wanna play Leicester value '£850,000'

Archived