Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Standing at home games?

My Seat is SK2 HH We have a few people Standing at the back, we moved across from SK4 hoping for more atmosphere behind the centre of the goal. Atmosphere was good, but standing up altogether as one creates a better one. We have to start at the back and work our way down.

To the person above, yes there were more fans standing in the EAST its slowly working its away across. Next thing 32,000 all standing ;)

So if everyone can stand up, what's the point of installing safe standing.

It seems to me that there are some that like standing and want to stand.

There are also some who like sitting and want to sit.

Therefore, in my simple thinking mind two things should happen:

1. People should not stand in front of people who have paid to sit. This is not fair and can lead to problems.

2. There should be a safe standing area (or two) for those who want to... This area would be all standing.

Simple, fair and equitable.

I hope it happens. When I was a youth I would never have wanted to sit down.

It seems to me that there are some that like standing and want to stand.

There are also some who like sitting and want to sit.

Therefore, in my simple thinking mind two things should happen:

1. People should not stand in front of people who have paid to sit. This is not fair and can lead to problems.

2. There should be a safe standing area (or two) for those who want to... This area would be all standing.

Simple, fair and equitable.

I hope it happens. When I was a youth I would never have wanted to sit down.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not arguing for it or against it, the point i'm making is that i thought fans had a season ticket in L1 so they could stand up knowing club turns a blind eye to it in that section. I didn't realise there where problems there because people were standing up. i just can't see the point of installing a safe standing area in an area that is already a standing area that doesn't appear to be unsafe.

Standing or sitting doesn't much bother me, I go with what the people around me are doing...... :dunno:

What I really miss is the ability to be able to move around and stand where I like, find yourself next to a group of dickheads and you simply move away, bit too quiet, go and join in the singing and chanting behind the goal. Brilliant....... :thumbup:

Standing or sitting doesn't much bother me, I go with what the people around me are doing...... :dunno:

What I really miss is the ability to be able to move around and stand where I like, find yourself next to a group of dickheads and you simply move away, bit too quiet, go and join in the singing and chanting behind the goal. Brilliant....... :thumbup:

Unreserved safe standing and sitting sections

Don't get me wrong, i'm not arguing for it or against it, the point i'm making is that i thought fans had a season ticket in L1 so they could stand up knowing club turns a blind eye to it in that section. I didn't realise there where problems there because people were standing up. i just can't see the point of installing a safe standing area in an area that is already a standing area that doesn't appear to be unsafe.

What if one day they got a bit bored at the club and decided to inforce the ground rules more? Or god forbid, an accident occured to a fan after falling over the seat in front?

You couldnt ask the stewards in L 1 to be any better as it, though what happens when you go to places like Leeds away? Also, if anyone is like me, I only bought a ST in other to be able to stand every game. (as L 1 is all STH)

What if one day they got a bit bored at the club and decided to inforce the ground rules more? Or god forbid, an accident occured to a fan after falling over the seat in front?

You couldnt ask the stewards in L 1 to be any better as it, though what happens when you go to places like Leeds away? Also, if anyone is like me, I only bought a ST in other to be able to stand every game. (as L 1 is all STH)

Thing is though, the only place where you could install safe standing is in the kop or in the corners, from the back downwards, because of the view obstruction . Would you be prepared to move to the Kop?

Thing is though, the only place where you could install safe standing is in the kop or in the corners, from the back downwards, because of the view obstruction . Would you be prepared to move to the Kop?

forget about safe standing...its years away in england..at best. Best bet is to become a celtic fan...they'll have it next season.

No but if they hated the idea then there would be zero chance

I agree but they aint gonna change anything, thats why I said what I said...it will not happen in england for years if ever...scotland however will definately introduce it and soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply strengthens the case for safe standing areas?

Personally I like to sit at games (my days of standing in Spion 1 are well over) but not everyone does. I maintain completely that people standing in front of those who want to sit ain't on. So safe standing areas are essential IMO.

Has their been any further development on this since the roadshow?

Sunderland can now be added to the list of clubs who want to trial safe standing.

So Aston Villa, Derby County, Sunderland, Peterborough United, Oxford United and Everton have all requested the chance to try safe standing now, the trickle is beginning to turn into a flood.

Still think it's only an easily dismissed 'small group of fans' Mr Robertson?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Sunderland-safety-boss-backs-safe-standing-plans.php

Sunderland can now be added to the list of clubs who want to trial safe standing.

So Aston Villa, Derby County, Sunderland, Peterborough United, Oxford United and Everton have all requested the chance to try safe standing now, the trickle is beginning to turn into a flood.

Still think it's only an easily dismissed 'small group of fans' Mr Robertson?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Sunderland-safety-boss-backs-safe-standing-plans.php

:thumbup:

Archived