Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Standing at home games?

I was making my point seriously Bilo.

There have been many a game where I sit where someone has stood up, someone has taken exception and it's very nearly ended up as a row.

The shouts of 'sit down' are usually met with the person sitting down or turning round to have a butchers at the 'shouter'.

This ain't good is it?

I agree that a part of the ground should be for standing. However, until it is, respect needs to be given to all those affected.

It does, and standing where everyone around is sitting is selfish and arrogant.

That's why, to be honest, I always head for either K block now I don't have a season ticket or head to the back of the Kop where I know that there'll be people standing. I wouldn't rock up on row H of the Kop and try to stand up because I know most around will be sitting. While we don't have the safe standing areas for which there is an obvious demand, it's important to use common sense and a bit of nous to get what you want from a game. We all know where people stand at the KP and where people sit, go in the wrong area you've only yourself to blame so far as I can see.

I was making my point seriously Bilo.

There have been many a game where I sit where someone has stood up, someone has taken exception and it's very nearly ended up as a row.

The shouts of 'sit down' are usually met with the person sitting down or turning round to have a butchers at the 'shouter'.

This ain't good is it?

I agree that a part of the ground should be for standing. However, until it is, respect needs to be given to all those affected.

Are you the clown that was SAT on the 2nd from top row at the Ricoh the other year and yanked me by my hood when I was standing in front of you? You seem the sort.. Ask for seats at the front if you want to sit, not rocket science. They will happily give you seats at the bottom too.

Are you the clown that was SAT on the 2nd from top row at the Ricoh the other year and yanked me by my hood when I was standing in front of you? You seem the sort.. Ask for seats at the front if you want to sit, not rocket science. They will happily give you seats at the bottom too.

Do you still think that there would be a riot if the police tried to make everyone sit down in L1?.. Like at Cov?

It does, and standing where everyone around is sitting is selfish and arrogant.

That's why, to be honest, I always head for either K block now I don't have a season ticket or head to the back of the Kop where I know that there'll be people standing. I wouldn't rock up on row H of the Kop and try to stand up because I know most around will be sitting. While we don't have the safe standing areas for which there is an obvious demand, it's important to use common sense and a bit of nous to get what you want from a game. We all know where people stand at the KP and where people sit, go in the wrong area you've only yourself to blame so far as I can see.

Very sensible mate.

Let's drop this.

The police will never try to make people sit in L1, it's not their job because nobody breaks any law by standing in a football ground, only the ground regulations.

The stewards will never try to make people sit because it'll be like pissing in the wind.

This argument is getting boring.

Yes I do. Whats your point?

My point is there seem to be many on here doing a great job trying to get safe standing at the club. Bilo, Stu etc seem to acknowledge there is a problem and wants something to happen which will benefit all. Unless I'm wrong you seem to want to get everybody to stand, ragardless, and to advocate anything that might enable that to happen? Is that what you are saying?

Let's drop this.

The police will never try to make people sit in L1, it's not their job because nobody breaks any law by standing in a football ground, only the ground regulations.

The stewards will never try to make people sit because it'll be like pissing in the wind.

This argument is getting boring.

Exactly.. I'm not the one pushing it, Col keeps on pushing me to say something and I don't know what. As if he thinks I've made some sort of comment against the police that is on par with racism or homophobia? He's a WUM and it's not worth talking to clowns like him anymore. All the stewards in L1 get on with us anyway and so it will never happen.

Exactly.. I'm not the one pushing it, Col keeps on pushing me to say something and I don't know what. As if he thinks I've made some sort of comment against the police that is on par with racism or homophobia? He's a WUM and it's not worth talking to clowns like him anymore. All the stewards in L1 get on with us anyway and so it will never happen.

Neatly swerved my question there then...

:thumbup:

And if it WAS me at Cov who grabbed you by the hood (which it weren't) and pleasantly asked you to have sat down, would you have done?

My point is there seem to be many on here doing a great job trying to get safe standing at the club. Bilo, Stu etc seem to acknowledge there is a problem and wants something to happen which will benefit all. Unless I'm wrong you seem to want to get everybody to stand, ragardless, and to advocate anything that might enable that to happen? Is that what you are saying?

When have I ever said that or hinted towards that? I have a season ticket in L1 because I want to stand, others have season tickets elsewhere where they wish to sit. People gather in L/K/top of J3 because they want to stand and having a safe standing option would give these people an opportunity to stand safely. This sitting/standing issue will/should never be a problem at a home game with the rare exception of the people at the bottom of L1.

At away games, if you want to stand, you ask for tickets towards the top or you just move to the top. If you want to sit then ask for seats at the bottom. This is where unreserved seating should come into place... but the problem comes when you get people who ask for seats towards the top for a better 'view' but insist on sitting when several rows in front wish to stand. If you have issues with safe standing and general standing then just leave us to attempt to push it through and you mind your own business sitting in a stand when everybody sits.

When have I ever said that or hinted towards that? I have a season ticket in L1 because I want to stand, others have season tickets elsewhere where they wish to sit. People gather in L/K/top of J3 because they want to stand and having a safe standing option would give these people an opportunity to stand safely. This sitting/standing issue will/should never be a problem at a home game with the rare exception of the people at the bottom of L1.

At away games, if you want to stand, you ask for tickets towards the top or you just move to the top. If you want to sit then ask for seats at the bottom. This is where unreserved seating should come into place... but the problem comes when you get people who ask for seats towards the top for a better 'view' but insist on sitting when several rows in front wish to stand. If you have issues with safe standing and general standing then just leave us to attempt to push it through and you mind your own business sitting in a stand when everybody sits.

Mind my own business?

Very adult attitude to take.

And you still didn't answer me. Cos this is important. If I asked you nicely to sit down if you were standing in front of me, would you? Or as you said the other night 'L1 will never sit' in big capital letters..

Mind my own business?

And you still didn't answer me. Cos this is important. If I asked you nicely to sit down if you were standing in front of me, would you? Or as you said the other night 'L1 will never sit' in big capital letters..

Do you want a genuine answer? It depends on a variety of situations, the tone of your voice, whether you're aggressive, the row that we're on and whether other people are standing.

Mind my own business?

I would ask if you nicely if you wanted to swap seats.

The banter was good, and it used to have me in stitches. There was real wit and humour.

But what is called banter now is just not funny. The wit has gone from the game, and it's worse for it. Now it's all about singling out the fan who is either fat, ugly, female, or ginger. Heaven help the poor woman who is all four!

This a million times over, I was worried I was turning into an old man aged 19 (I probably still am) but a lot of it I totally agree is unfunny, generic shite.

It has odd moments where it's pretty funny, the lad near me at Burton (futon lad if you're on here lol) was hilarious, as were a few around, that was quality. Some of the stuff that gets sung at opposition fans is plain fvcking boring, I swear it's people just copying Soccer AM.

I used to like Soccer AM as a kid but wow all it does is try and manufacture the modern fan into a fvcking performing seal.

The whole 'loyal supporters' thing comes across to me as complete disrespect to other fans from a bunch of misguided individuals.

The implication is that those singing it are somehow 'better fans' than any others.

Draw your own conclusions..

Worst one is "if you're watching on the telly you're a cvnt", yeh, what a cvnt for not going to Southampton on a Monday night, what an absolute cvnt.

:rolleyes:

Why doesn't anyone who sits in the Kop stands at games? Surely it would improve the atmosphere, we all stand at away games and the atmosphere and support is usually very good. Would be brilliant this year if the whole of L and K blocks stand, and the majority of the Kop does too!

Being lucky enough to be able to have experienced standing at Filbert st, i totally agree with this comment.Some people on here that are in their early twenties have never felt that adrenaline rush of thousands of fans standing & singing together and where the kop was once deafening during a goal celebration. Most kids that have just began attending football matches will think that not being able to stand through fear of being shouted at to sit down, has always been the norm.

There is a `MASSIVE` difference in atmosphere between standing and sitting,there always has been. The Kop has ALWAYS been the end to go for the singing supporters,the atmosphere was FAR better standing than sitting as the fans had the feeling of `all being in it together`.

There is no debate to this, you only have to look at football videos before the seating era..........No contest

Incredible how football clubs can brainwash people into thinking there is still a good atmosphere at most games.

It's absolutely indisputable that people make more noise whilst stood up.

Whether you wish to or not is your choice but under the current (wrong) regulations those who wish to stand must give way.

What I simply cannot and will never understand is that some people remain unconvinced that offering all fans the choice is the only way forward to appease all parties.

Incredible how football clubs can brainwash people into thinking there is still a good atmosphere at most games.

It's absolutely indisputable that people make more noise whilst stood up.

Whether you wish to or not is your choice but under the current (wrong) regulations those who wish to stand must give way.

What I simply cannot and will never understand is that some people remain unconvinced that offering all fans the choice is the only way forward to appease all parties.

:thumbup:

Archived