Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Standing at home games?

very true. I want the atmosphere to be like Filbert St, obviously I was young when I went, but I can still remember it and also from videos like Leicester vs Newcastle in 1992 ,and Leicester vs Cambridge in the play off semi in 1992.

Both the two games you mention represent two of the best games I've ever been to for atmosphere.

Filbo was Absolutely fookin rockin!

Believe me, better than anything we've ever had at the Walkers/KP

very true. I want the atmosphere to be like Filbert St, obviously I was young when I went, but I can still remember it and also from videos like Leicester vs Newcastle in 1992 ,and Leicester vs Cambridge in the play off semi in 1992.

Believe me there's been plenty of shit atmospheres at Filbert St.

Don't troll me Col just because I said you were 1 of the worst posters lol

Miserable bugger!

And I thought we were bloody cyber mates!

lol lol

Don't troll me Col just because I said you were 1 of the worst posters lol

Miserable bugger!

lol lol

Miserable bugger!

lol lol

Miserable bugger!

lol lol

We were but then strovolos tiger joined Foxestalk and he talked more sense! :thumbup:

Believe me there's been plenty of shit atmospheres at Filbert St.

You always say that DG...

And I agree.

There's also been some amazing games for atmos too.

I absolutely maintain having been to both, that the best atmos at the Walkers/KP has not compared with some of those games at Filbo.

Where did you stand/sit may I ask?

Where you in the KOP?

That was the best place to be for atmos by a million miles.

Secondly, putting family areas next to away fans is supposed to lead to fewer flash points between opposing fans, and to encourage self-pleasing.

There we have it - proof that away fans and those who sit in the Family End are wankers.

As someone has already alluded to, it's simple!

If you want to sing and stand: move to K/L. Re-naming blocks of 'the Kop' in line with Filbert Street blocks, Fosse Boys in the corner, big flags, small flags, scarves. So much has been tried without success. The one consistent throughout all of this has been that K and L stand and sing.

If people move I don't think they'll be disappointed. I moved a few seasons back and the first thing that struck me was how much improved the view was. Yes, there are some chavs. But this is football, the game of the working classes (or sometimes probably not exaxctly working in this instance :P ) so it is to be expected that in the most boisterous areas of the stadium these people are found. Middle-aged, old-aged and (on the whole - not all) women don't tend to want to stand, shout and sing. That's their choice, let them have their 'Kop' and make, well maintain, L and K as the loudest area of the stadium.

The only worry that I have is the beginning of a gap widening between L Block and the stands behind the goal. We have something going in that area of the ground and pricing people out of it will be very counter-productive to atmosphere. I think a consideration of the club may well be that should they put 'the Kop' next to the away fans, a large number of those paying the higher prices in L1 might move because it will be cheaper. Either way, it's not going to happen. So stop fighting a losing battle and just move.

You always say that DG...

And I agree.

There's also been some amazing games for atmos too.

I absolutely maintain having been to both, that the best atmos at the Walkers/KP has not compared with some of those games at Filbo.

Where did you stand/sit may I ask?

Where you in the KOP?

That was the best place to be for atmos by a million miles.

Well they've not compared because we've not had the same level of sustained success, since we moved 10 years ago we've had two season of mildly, compared to some of the successes at FS successful seasons.

At FS the worst times were during the gradual decline post Bloomfield when we had the McLintock season followed by an up and down period with Wallace/Milne and then 5 years of purgatory with Hamilton and Pleat we then had a 10 year period really exciting and sustained success with Little/O'Neill and that's what most people on here remember with relatively full houses.

Until we get a sustained period of success that breeds full houses the KP will always seem dull by comparison, it's success that brings exciting atmospheres not were people are located even the most dedicated sitter will be out of their seats cheering, shouting and jumping up and down with success and a belief it's going to continue.

As for where I stood I've been everywhere at FS as said before in my early days you could walk around the pitch at half time and change ends, some of the best atmospheres I experienced were in the popular side (east Stand) in the 60s with no segregation and 30K+ in the stadium all mixed in together with Liverpool fans, or ManU etc. There was great rivalry in terms of out-singing each other but it was all done with a sense of humour and gentle piss taking none of this hate we see today. On top of that we were a brilliant footballing side.

Well they've not compared because we've not had the same level of sustained success, since we moved 10 years ago we've had two season of mildly, compared to some of the successes at FS successful seasons.

At FS the worst times were during the gradual decline post Bloomfield when we had the McLintock season followed by an up and down period with Wallace/Milne and then 5 years of purgatory with Hamilton and Pleat we then had a 10 year period really exciting and sustained success with Little/O'Neill and that's what most people on here remember with relatively full houses.

Until we get a sustained period of success that breeds full houses the KP will always seem dull by comparison, it's success that brings exciting atmospheres not were people are located even the most dedicated sitter will be out of their seats cheering, shouting and jumping up and down with success and a belief it's going to continue.

As for where I stood I've been everywhere at FS as said before in my early days you could walk around the pitch at half time and change ends, some of the best atmospheres I experienced were in the popular side (east Stand) in the 60s with no segregation and 30K+ in the stadium all mixed in together with Liverpool fans, or ManU etc. There was great rivalry in terms of out-singing each other but it was all done with a sense of humour and gentle piss taking none of this hate we see today. On top of that we were a brilliant footballing side.

Can't argue with any of that DG.....

Except being right next to the away fans definitely added some spice to the atmosphere.

Times have changed however.

I imagine they do. I've been to games where I've sat down, and I've been to away games where I've stood.

But safety is an issue. Believe me, I'm not one for "health and safety here, health and safety here" but you'll get some idiots. For example, I once went to Scunthorpe away when we all stood. We scored, and then a group of teenage lads jumped on each other and nearly crushed a young child. His dad had to get involved. Incidents like these that can still happen.

If you want to stand, go and stand. Simple. As long as people don't stand and be stupid in front of me and my family, I'm not really bothered. I'll probably stick to "happy clapping" :rolleyes:

(And I didn't mention the Britannia Stadium, I was simply replying to the OP).

See, this is what I don't understand, how would that incident have been avoided if everyone was sat?

To even suggest it's a safety issue is daft and shows you've been swayed by the idiots who make the rules, there's no way on planet earth it's unsafe to stand in a football ground, seated or not. People stand on moving trains to get there, stand whilst actually moving before the game and at half-time, even with hot drinks.

The most unsafe part of a game where people are stood is when there's a goal. The most unsafe part of a game where people are sat is when there's a goal. The exact same situation.

It'll take serious work for the club to ever allow anything like it, it seems to me like they just oppose absolutely everything I like.

Archived