Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Standing at home games?

I managed to get three match tickets in K1 row FF, which is the first time I've been in K1 since Sheffield Wednesday last came, we've been at the top of J3 since then!

And the family stand is the new Kop, the kids love the new songs and really get involved. Eventually they will stop going with their parents and start going with their mates, then hey presto, we have a new generation of fans who want to sing loud and support the team!

That's my wish for the youngsters, only eventually when they reach the age of going to games with their mates they'll get sick of the fact everything LCFC does is based around families and families only.

Our club does quite well at getting kids in but lets be honest, if LCFC were poor at that you'd worry, it's literally their main focus by a mile. If they spread the target audience we'd have far better home support IMO, eventually.

The sooner the killjoys who insist on buying tickets at the bottom of L1 yet still sit are forced to move the better. Should be kicked out for persistent sitting. :ph34r:

Stewards will not let anyone stand below the entrance to the stand. I overheard a steward instructing another before a game last season.

I was at the back row for a game once and I was standing with a load of other blokes (obviously not blocking anyone's view) and the stewards came up and told us we'd been filmed and our faces would be given to the police. It was absolutely farcical.

You look at one end of the ground and there's a good 2 or 3 thousand standing in unison, you go to another and you're told you're virtually a criminal for standing. It's the double standards that get me. No wonder people don't stand when they're threatened like this, I'm sure they want to but you're stopped if you're not in a huge group which obviously not everyone is.

I know quite a lot of people who sing from the KOP have moved to L1/K1 this season. Also know that some people are starting a singing section in N1 next to the away fans. Where I have got a season ticket this season.

Hope this is true :fc:

This whole thing gets on my thruppeny bits.

Some of us wanna sit and watch a game. My days of standing at football matches are over. I did all that at Filbert Street and loved it. Now I'd rather sit and 'take the weight off' and actually watch the game.

What grates most is when some bar steward decides they are gonna stand up in front of me and my boy when we are happily sitting watching the game. This usually ends up in a 'verbal disagreement lol' between said parties and often others too.

Therefore, common sense would say that there should be designated area(s) of the ground in which people sit and others where they stand, dance around, bang drums and take their t-shirts off if they choose to....

Everyone's a winner?

However, health and safety often don't seem to be based on common sense, so I doubt it'll happen.

I'm not anti standing.. I always used to stand in SK1. What don't make any sense to me is people standing in seated areas. Cos if everyone don't stand they can't fookin see!

If they all stood then the stewards wouldn't say a word.

Exactly. This has been proven in large numbers plenty of times. Who is going to get L1 to sit? Nobody, not even the old bill because they know what we would be coming.

I'm not anti standing.. I always used to stand in SK1. What don't make any sense to me is people standing in seated areas. Cos if everyone don't stand they can't fookin see!

Yeah, we should all go the standing area.

Wait.....

Apart from those wanting to sit you mean?

Fine by me...

The point is that until safe standing is brought in, you're going to have people standing in front of people who'd rather sit.

That's why new legislation would benefit everyone.

The whole stadium like this next season..

lol

Would love to see Birch giving that a whirl.

The point is that until safe standing is brought in, you're going to have people standing in front of people who'd rather sit.

That's why new legislation would benefit everyone.

lol

Would love to see Birch giving that a whirl.

Agree with you Bilo..

Except being right next to the away fans definitely added some spice to the atmosphere.

I'm using this post as an example, but other posters have been more explicit in saying it...

This whole argument "there's a better atmosphere if we're next to the away fans" does do my head in at times. I know I mentioned the example of Southampton above, where either side of the away fans are vocal support. Yes, it does generate atmosphere, yes, it can be used to try and drown out the away support. However, last season, we were louder than the home support, and the stand to our left didn't make as much noise as it used to do. Strange considering their league position.

Also, not all clubs have their vocal support next to the away fans. Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday's Kops, the Stretford End, the Don Revie Stand at Elland Rd, all these are at the opposite end of their grounds to the away fans.

It doesn't matter where the fans sit, or stand, in my honest opinion. For our club, we have moved to a stadium with a larger capacity, and therefore have more supporters attending who probably didn't go that often to Filbert St. On top of that, a lot of the vocal element of the old SK1 (SK2 when it was standing) stopped going, for various reasons. The club has been targeting new fans who haven't been to many games.

I think that the potential is there; the "We love you" and Ben Marshall chants have had the whole stadium going towards the end of the season, and the crowd did lift itself against Birmingham and Boro, although dodgy refereeing helped.

I'm using this post as an example, but other posters have been more explicit in saying it...

This whole argument "there's a better atmosphere if we're next to the away fans" does do my head in at times. I know I mentioned the example of Southampton above, where either side of the away fans are vocal support. Yes, it does generate atmosphere, yes, it can be used to try and drown out the away support. However, last season, we were louder than the home support, and the stand to our left didn't make as much noise as it used to do. Strange considering their league position.

Also, not all clubs have their vocal support next to the away fans. Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday's Kops, the Stretford End, the Don Revie Stand at Elland Rd, all these are at the opposite end of their grounds to the away fans.

It doesn't matter where the fans sit, or stand, in my honest opinion. For our club, we have moved to a stadium with a larger capacity, and therefore have more supporters attending who probably didn't go that often to Filbert St. On top of that, a lot of the vocal element of the old SK1 (SK2 when it was standing) stopped going, for various reasons. The club has been targeting new fans who haven't been to many games.

I think that the potential is there; the "We love you" and Ben Marshall chants have had the whole stadium going towards the end of the season, and the crowd did lift itself against Birmingham and Boro, although dodgy refereeing helped.

I was talking about Filbert Street Lisa. I also said 'times have changed I believe'. So I'm not really sure why you choose this post as an example.

My personal opinion of being in SK1 was that the banter you could have with the away fans created the best atmosphere in the ground. I was also in there with my mates.

And I sat/stood in all areas of Filbo.

I don't sit in L1, would rather sit at games than stand these days (thats an age thing for me) so can't comment on the situation at the KP.

What I don't want is for my enjoyment of the game to be ruined by someone who insists on standing in front if me, in a seated area.

If everyone is forced to stand, just to see, due to the actions of one or two, the system ain't working.

I was talking about Filbert Street Lisa.

Yes, hence the opening line ;)

To clarify, you alluded to how it was, others will say it's how it should be.

I also said 'times have changed I believe'. So I'm not really sure why you choose this post as an example.

My personal opinion of being in SK1 was that the banter you could have with the away fans created the best atmosphere in the ground. I was also in there with my mates.

And I sat/stood in all areas of Filbo.

I don't sit in L1, would rather sit at games than stand these days (thats an age thing for me) so can't comment on the situation at the KP.

What I don't want is for my enjoyment of the game to be ruined by someone who insists on standing in front if me, in a seated area.

If everyone is forced to stand, just to see, due to the actions of one or two, the system ain't working.

The banter was good, and it used to have me in stitches. There was real wit and humour.

But what is called banter now is just not funny. The wit has gone from the game, and it's worse for it. Now it's all about singling out the fan who is either fat, ugly, female, or ginger. Heaven help the poor woman who is all four!

I sit in the Kop and to be honest sitting or standing doesn't really bother me, the reason I don't stand is because I respect the others that sit around me, they have been going alot longer then I have and if they want to sit then I will sit, if they decide to stand I will stand. I guess it is each to there own the one thing i will say about the kop is when people start chanting 'loyal supporters' to the ones not standing or getting involved with signing/clapping etc, it really annoys me!

I sit in the Kop and to be honest sitting or standing doesn't really bother me, the reason I don't stand is because I respect the others that sit around me, they have been going alot longer then I have and if they want to sit then I will sit, if they decide to stand I will stand. I guess it is each to there own the one thing i will say about the kop is when people start chanting 'loyal supporters' to the ones not standing or getting involved with signing/clapping etc, it really annoys me!

The last time I sat in the kop it was many of those fans who were also booing at the end.

If we have a successful season with lots of exciting games with chances being created and shots flying in people, yes even those who sit will be standing more than they're sitting. Most games I see these days are devoid of incidents, (other than referee baiting) and exciting attacking clever football.

The whole 'loyal supporters' thing comes across to me as complete disrespect to other fans from a bunch of misguided individuals.

The implication is that those singing it are somehow 'better fans' than any others.

Draw your own conclusions..

The whole 'loyal supporters' thing comes across to me as complete disrespect to other fans from a bunch of misguided individuals.

The implication is that those singing it are somehow 'better fans' than any others.

Totally agree, I guess it only takes one moron to start it and then a few other sheep to carry it on! I think they need to understand the definition of the word 'loyal' really.

Totally agree Col.

Sadly, we've seen it taken further (I heard 'if you're watching on the tv' at Derby, for example) but I think some people forget others' priorities.

Totally agree Col.

Sadly, we've seen it taken further (I heard 'if you're watching on the tv' at Derby, for example) but I think some people forget others' priorities.

I think that will be classed as being funny?

Archived