Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

Peterborough Attendance

Oooooooooo!!!!! Someone doth protesteth too much me thinks :rolleyes:

OK, no Posh fan I've ever met thinks we have a rivalry with Leicester. I know we were on the Central Match a few times a few years ago, but we were always really on Anglia telly and you were on Central (and, except for a couple of years, you were way, way better than us).

It's always Northampton or Cambridge (depending on your age) for Posh fans.

We could do with it though and so could you. Our rivals are way below us at the moment and we're not playing them and your's have just been relegated or are involved in a more intense rivalry with another club. But I still think rival should have something in common and Leicester are just too big for us (hopefully only for a few more years, but somehow I doubt it).

OK, no Posh fan I've ever met thinks we have a rivalry with Leicester. I know we were on the Central Match a few times a few years ago, but we were always really on Anglia telly and you were on Central (and, except for a couple of years, you were way, way better than us).

We could do with it though and so could you. Our rivals are way below us at the moment and we're not playing them and your's have just been relegated or are involved in a more intense rivalry with another club. But I still think rival should have something in common and Leicester are just too big for us (hopefully only for a few more years, but somehow I doubt it).

Fair comment fella, no offence meant

Ah......it's all clear now!..rivalry depends on the television region that you are in ,along with the size of the club.

Nothing to do with competing in the same division and being close geographically!.I think we are confusing historical rivalry with the current situation, also the "we are above that, know your place" attitude prevails.

Where on earth do you think rivalries originate from, is there a defining moment?

If students can afford £9k a year for tuition fees, they can spare another £400 for a ST - which is much more important! I swear there was an article on the numbers on the OS a little while ago saying sales were up this year

Back on topic, I think about 26,000. If we do well against Sunderland and Torquay, and the weather's nice - maybe more. A win would be nice, but I won't be making predictions for the rest of the season based on this - Peterborough are capable of some surprising results, and absolutely no idea how the new squad will work together when it counts. Staying hopeful!

:facepalm:

Students don't pay a penny of the £9k/3k until they're earning what is considered as a half decent graduate wage. (Somewhere around 20k I believe.)

£400 for a student is very challenging in terms of cash flow.

Sadly it seems that our attendances have been shrinking for the past couple of seasons and then couple that with an opening game against a deeply unfashionable club like Peterborough United side and a lack of expectation/excitement (despite a positive performance against Sunderland) i think we'll do well to top 20,000/21,000 personally.

:facepalm:

Students don't pay a penny of the £9k/3k until they're earning what is considered as a half decent graduate wage. (Somewhere around 20k I believe.)

£400 for a student is very challenging in terms of cash flow.

I was sort of kidding, hence the "more important" part. Was in response to someone saying ST ticket sales wouldn't be up because of the economy and students / their parents would be reluctant to buy. This may be but officially ST ticket sales are up this year. The economy was just about as phucked this time last year, and where some might be put off from the costs, others might be brought in because they believe we will have a better season this time around, amongst other factors. Season ticket sales might be up for reasons that have bugger all to do with students and the parents they sponge off of.

Plus - as students don't pay back loans till they're earning so much, that's even more of an argument towards getting tickets! Again, just kidding. Who gives a sh!t. Season is about to start.

Archived